Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Any lore behind the creepy sounds in Oolacile Township

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Any lore behind the creepy sounds in Oolacile Township Empty Any lore behind the creepy sounds in Oolacile Township

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Has anyone ever stood still in the OT, with your surround system turned up? Between the insane groaning coming from the citizens, in the background, you can hear the sound of children screaming. Really high pitched, terrified voices. Freaks me out every time. Is there any lore that hints at what happened in Oolacile?
    THEOGLUIGI
    THEOGLUIGI
    Regular
    Regular

Any lore behind the creepy sounds in Oolacile Township Empty Re: Any lore behind the creepy sounds in Oolacile Township

Post by THEOGLUIGI Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:27 pm

I think that Oolacile is the foundation of what New Londo is in the present. This is only speculation. The reason being because the Four Kings are in the Abyss which is located in New Londo and Oolacile is the first place, that we know of, where the Abyss' darkness started spreading. I think the screams from all the residents is just them being corrupted by the Abyss and their pain lingering in the darkness.

One thing I do find very interesting are the wood carvings found in Oolacile and the Chasm of the Abyss. The "I'm sorry" carving that the bloated sorcerer is holding is very interesting. She doesn't attack you and just drops it. Possibly this was Gough's lover who got corrupted and he gave her that carving. Also the "Help me" one in the chasm could be a sign that Gough tried to help Artorias but just couldn't bring himself to venture any further in the Abyss.

I knwo this went off somewhere kind of random but the lore is interesting.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Any lore behind the creepy sounds in Oolacile Township Empty Re: Any lore behind the creepy sounds in Oolacile Township

Post by Back Lot Basher Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:30 pm

THEOGLUIGI wrote:I think that Oolacile is the foundation of what New Londo is in the present. This is only speculation. The reason being because the Four Kings are in the Abyss which is located in New Londo and Oolacile is the first place, that we know of, where the Abyss' darkness started spreading. I think the screams from all the residents is just them being corrupted by the Abyss and their pain lingering in the darkness.

One thing I do find very interesting are the wood carvings found in Oolacile and the Chasm of the Abyss. The "I'm sorry" carving that the bloated sorcerer is holding is very interesting. She doesn't attack you and just drops it. Possibly this was Gough's lover who got corrupted and he gave her that carving. Also the "Help me" one in the chasm could be a sign that Gough tried to help Artorias but just couldn't bring himself to venture any further in the Abyss.

I knwo this went off somewhere kind of random but the lore is interesting.

That's cool...speculation on the lore is great, and something that really makes this game interesting. A restrained narrative isn't the sign of a weak one; quite the opposite, in fact.
    edgie_za
    edgie_za
    Regular
    Regular

Post by edgie_za Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:14 am

Yeah, wondered what the reasons behind the carvings were. Really nice to use in game, though not sure I want to be filling my slots with them. Still, nice addition.

And I still remember the first time I saw/heard a summon use the carving, I was like "WTF!!! Did this summon just speak??"
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:55 am

LOL me too, this guy appears and I hear something like HEEEEEOOUUUULLOOOOWWWW, but it was so sudden I didn't understand what it said... WTF?
    Then I learned about carvings XD
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:00 am

:oops: First time heard it I was like OMG! we can speak using mics now!!! I put mine on and tried to talk smack.

To much MW3 in my system.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 8:45 am