Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Art History/History/Numerology References in Dark Souls

PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Art History/History/Numerology References in Dark Souls Empty Art History/History/Numerology References in Dark Souls

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 pm

Tolvo wrote:Well if you want your head to explode. Go to the room
    with the painting of Airamis. Look at the glass windows and counter
    what symbols appear in fours, and threes. Then looked at the
    architecture around Anor Londo. Then go insane.

Okay so... I think I may have just numerically translated the true name of God. Time for a power drill lobotomy.

the numbers I kept ending up with are 4, 3, and 10. Which are repeated ALL over the place. In the same symbols, and groups of other symbols, that in some cases seem like they create the same symbols if you look at them right. I'm not sure what the significance of 10 is, although 3 and 4 are repeated all through DkS. The divine family, which totally echoes the holy trinity, which is often numerically alluded to the same way in Christian architecture, Gwyn, Gwyndolin, and Gwynevere, is 3; or you could include the fallen god of war, which would make 4 and account for the repeating of both 3's and 4's. Plus the 4 knights, the 4 entities that obtained lord soul fragments, which I think is what? Four Kings, Seath, Daughters of Chaos, or Bed of Chaos, and Nito, which is 4, but then you can add the pygmy for 5, which is also repeated over and over, double that and you have 10, which is also repeated over and over. I'm sure it's a lot more complex than I'm accounting for too.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Art History/History/Numerology References in Dark Souls Empty Re: Art History/History/Numerology References in Dark Souls

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:44 pm

Ah, so you looked at it did you? Seriously it's a bit insane isn't it? Now then, look at the number of statues in that same building. Look at the pillars that connect to the struts. Look at the struts themselves around where the Chandelier is. Look at the floor of that room. Look at where the statues look on that floor. Look at the number of pillars and statues, the number of windows and.

That's it!

I can't take it anymore!

Also you might be interested in the Linking Internal and External Lore Thread. I believe at some point we discussed this as I pointed it out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also have an Album that contains most of the artwork found in the game.

http://s1213.beta.photobucket.com/user/TolvoArt/library/Dark%20Souls%20Lore
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Art History/History/Numerology References in Dark Souls Empty Re: Art History/History/Numerology References in Dark Souls

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:52 pm

This is making my head spin. I'm suddenly seeing all these 3's and 4's patterns. In literally almost everything here. I'm going to run around AL a bit and see if I notice it anywhere else.

2 seems to be a significant number also, though I'm not entirely sure what the significance of that could be.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:53 pm

Dukes Archive, Burg Artwork, Sen's Fortress, Darkroot Garden. Off the top of my head I remember some there.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:08 pm

I'm starting to notice groupings of 7 also, which is 3 and 4 together. All the tower spires outside in AL are groups of 7
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 pm

In Anor Londo when out in the open actually inspect the Church where Gwynevere is. Instead of looking at just the artwork, look at the window groupings, as well as the designs of roofs and towers.
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:14 pm

Tolvo wrote:Ah, so you looked at it did you? Seriously it's a bit insane isn't it? Now then, look at the number of statues in that same building. Look at the pillars that connect to the struts. Look at the struts themselves around where the Chandelier is. Look at the floor of that room. Look at where the statues look on that floor. Look at the number of pillars and statues, the number of windows and.

That's it!

I can't take it anymore!

Also you might be interested in the Linking Internal and External Lore Thread. I believe at some point we discussed this as I pointed it out.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I also have an Album that contains most of the artwork found in the game.

http://s1213.beta.photobucket.com/user/TolvoArt/library/Dark%20Souls%20Lore

Tolvo, the link doesn't work. Can you give a different link? I really want to see the artwork!!
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:15 pm

I actually had to try it twice before it worked. The first time I clicked it said it wasn't found, then I closed it and tried again and it loaded. Not sure why.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:16 pm

Hmm, it works for me.

TolvoArt's Dark Souls Lore album on Photobucket

HTML code?
    Pratix
    Pratix
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Pratix Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:17 pm

Yeah, it works after the second time.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:21 am

Those numbers appear everywhere, both inside and outside of fiction. Four in particular is ridiculously common in our square and rectangle loving society.

Personally speaking, what bothered me the most about Anor Londo was the depiction of the Florentine Lily all over the place.

Don't have a screenshot of it in-game, but if you start looking for this symbol on much of the architecture in Anor Londo, you'll find it a lot:
    Spoiler:

...This obviously means Anor Londo was originally the Italian city of Florence, transported through time and space. silly
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:57 am

I noticed a similar symbol too, I actually have pictures of it in game though you have to wade through an album.

I think what I find more interesting is in that a lot of the fours, actually come from round images.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:56 pm

It is. I was noticing that last night too. It's part of the decoration along the bridge that leads up to the cathedral. And I think it does appear in 4's

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 am