Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
PlasticandRage
Wilkinson3424
Tolvo
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Mr. Tart
9 posters

Discussion: Life

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Discussion: Life - Page 2 Empty Re: Discussion: Life

Post by ChizFreak Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:09 am

The nature of Man, it's to change it's nature. Life is change, just as Death.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:10 am

The hope for me is that my daughters and hopefully grandchildren will carry on my immortality. Not necessarily a story of me but beliefs, attitudes, etc.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:17 am

What is life? Simply the will to endure pain that is thrown at us. Life is more of a timeline that we develop in our mind of what we have been through. Throughout our existence we simply collect data into our brain, the data of marriage, the data of the loss of someone, the data of birth etc. Sadly we can lose the data that we have collected like a computer can lose data because of an error. Then the timeline that we have woven together might not be held by our own memory but the warped nostalgia of an aging person.

What is immortality? The fantasy of having a never-ending timeline where we can do everything we wish to do without the fear of death, but the thought of immortality is nothing more than an escape route out of our lives where we can think that things be, one day, at its greatest. Nevertheless to actually achieve the benefits of being immortal is torture itself. As we can still bring on mental torture to ourselves. Depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts and many other forms of mental illness will sooner or later begin to attack us for reasons we may or may not understand.

While this happens the world around us may still continue to worsen. Famine, disease and many other things such as these will still plague the world and we will look for something to blame. Sooner or later we will develop a truth that will only further depress our mental state and possibly cause someone to become a misanthrope.

How could one become immortal? Possibly as we evolve with technology we may make ourselves immortal, but this is much farther into the future. Or as some may suggest death is the only way to truly become immortal. Whether it be becoming immortal through the memory of others, becoming some form of a theological entity, ascending to a "paradise". I personally have a theory that once we die, the data that we have collected goes haywire, sort of like when we sleep and we are left to recollect what we have done and live with our memories.

What is mortality? What everything seems to be.

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:19 am

skarekrow13 wrote:The hope for me is that my daughters and hopefully grandchildren will carry on my immortality. Not necessarily a story of me but beliefs, attitudes, etc.

Blood?
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:19 am

Mr. Tart wrote:Of course people will agree. However, i don't think ever that it will necessarily answer the question. As the answer is not the same to everyone. Some may say that immortality is but a lie or that it is humanity.

Hell, someone could claim life to be a pain, while others would be more straight forward and say it's a curse, and of course some would claim it to be joy, or a word of which we define ourselves. The answer is individual, but not true to everyone. This here topic is for each and everyone to share their own beliefs upon each of the subjects and questions.

I tried hitting the like button, but it won't show up green.

So I'm quoting this for truth.

I'm going to need soom time before make an actual post about my life.

But I will give the first things that comes to mind about my life. Faith.

I was born and raised a Methodist Christain. But it didn't take long for me to falter in the my faith. But I'd say I never took the Christain beliefs to heart in my childhood and teenhood. In my early childhood I fell down with severe depression. And by the time I finished high school, I was happier, had a better outlook on life, and the biggest change of all was that I accepted the Holy Trinity as one in my heart. I haven't fallin' into depression every since. Just a few down times here and there. But not long.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:21 am

Perhaps you voted too much for today? Try liking it tomorrow. big grin
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:23 am

Mr. Tart wrote:
    skarekrow13 wrote:The hope for me is that my daughters and hopefully grandchildren will carry on my immortality. Not necessarily a story of me but beliefs, attitudes, etc.

Blood?

No. He means, morals and aspects of life values he tought them.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:23 am

Just having a positive affect on their lives carries on your legacy as their father. I carry my father with me in every choice that I make. I try to base as many of my choices as I can on what I think would have made him proud.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:24 am

Vinyl Scratch wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:

Blood?

What i meant by blood was traditions and values that are based on the families beliefs.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 am

Mr. Tart wrote:
    Vinyl Scratch wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:

Blood?

What i meant by blood was traditions and values that are based on the families beliefs.

My bad. So, Bloodlines.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:33 am

Pretty much. And no problem, i wasn't very clear about it myself. Just tried to sum things up in one word.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:35 am

I hope people refer back to other peoples posts on the buried page 2 of this thread. Not just my posts, but others. So that this interesting thread doesn't die fast.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:58 am