Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

I just dont get it!

BigTuktuk

I just dont get it! Empty I just dont get it!

Post by BigTuktuk Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Hey i just have to rage around, because i just cant play with this insane lag anymore. I just dont know how to play with it. Iam pretty new to pvp in darksouls but i think i get the basics and iam not the worst player around but i just dont get how to paly with those laggs. I lose around 80% of my duels becuase i get backstabbed out of no where when my enemy is actually like 10 feet away from me and its sometimes almost impossible to land a hit because the enemy is alrdy somewhere else then it is shown to me. I alrdy read that u always have to think ahead a lil but thats just stupid cause its like 90% luck if the enemy dodges to the right or left or walks this or that way if it has a delay from like 2-4 sec sometimes. Iam just absoultly frustreaded right now and thinking about just not doing pvp anymore.I mean its like 1 out of 20 games where lag has no impact on the ending and dont get me wrong its not just because i keep losing i also won fights by suddenly bs someone from i dont know where and that feels just as **** as getting hit by something out of the air from someone who stands away 20 feet and using a dagger oO

So sorry for the textwall but i had to make myself some air, so anyone has some tips for me or do i just have to live with it and learn how to exploit it?
    KomradDakka
    KomradDakka
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

I just dont get it! Empty Re: I just dont get it!

Post by KomradDakka Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:04 pm

pc or ps3? i found on the pc edition that warping (or walking) to a different location helps reset the area, the lag and stuttering usually happens cause of all the pretty particle effects.
    BigTuktuk

Post by BigTuktuk Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:10 pm

Iam palying on the PS3 and iam mostly around undeadburg just cause i feel like its the best chance to get a ,,clean´´ fight. Also its not like a problem that only comes up sometimes, but its more like ALL the time happy
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:35 pm

So bear with me but are you using a wireless connection or have any issues with your internet browsing? -Now that that's over I would say try hosting some, but be weary of dishonorable invaders and maintain distance when bowing.

You'd be surprised how many players use the exact same attacks and bs tricks. The issue is that the game can "think" you or the other player are wherever you were a second ago because of latency issues. Essentially if a player is strafing towards you diagonally backstep opposite to them or better roll backwards because they are going to bs you if you just turn or move forward. If they start running at close range back roll or hit them as they are trying yo bs you and damaging an opponent during a bs will cancel the damage to you.

check out this vid-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpZeX-RCat8&feature=plcp
    PhantomEWGF's videos were invaluable to me starting out and if you learn the basics of what they're trying to do you can make it very difficult for them.
    BigTuktuk

Post by BigTuktuk Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Iam using a lan connection and and also opened all the ports to make it to optimum happy Thanks for the video, but thats not rly the prob i have because even if u know what u are doing or the enemy trys to do it is still hard to avoid/execute when u cant see that he goes for like a roll bs if u see the roll when ur alrdy getting the bs damage on you. Or the openennt goes for a strong attack right in your face but u just see him standing there, you know what i mean?
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:56 am

Yea I get that in the arena trying to play with a 210. I'd say try spamming your summon stone or orb a few times, its an old trick that basically forces the game to re-search for players around your level and can often smooth out pvp by finding better connections.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:17 am