Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Tolvo
reim0027
HarlotsLoki
Elite Knight
8 posters

Blades of the Darkmoon

Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Blades of the Darkmoon Empty Blades of the Darkmoon

Post by Elite Knight Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:21 am

So, I re-joined the Darkmoon Blades and decided to try my (albeit awful) hand at PvP. I've been reading over some of the topics in this section and decided to make this topic and ask if I could get some pointers.

I'm bad at PvP, but the Darkmoon Blades seems to be the best place to get some practice, considering opponents are mostly PvP veterans.

I was wondering if I could get any tips from other Blades on this site. I know what to expect from those I invade, as I expect a majority of them to be Darkwraiths.

I've gone over some tactics, looked over builds, and even read over the "Play to win" topic. But is there anything else I can do? My build needs work, I'll say as much, and that I know to work on. But as a complete failure at PvP, is there anything else I need to prepare myself for (other than dying, of course)? I'm coming off as a total noob here, but in regards to PvP, I suppose I really am.

Basically, what's the most effective way to be a Darkmoon Blade?
    HarlotsLoki
    HarlotsLoki

Blades of the Darkmoon Empty Re: Blades of the Darkmoon

Post by HarlotsLoki Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:30 am

I would consider inditing all players that kill you when you get invaded, not nearly enough people indite for the darkmoon blades to get the same amount of invasions as darkwraiths.

You'll need to target areas where darkwraiths will need to go through, where they won't be always actively invading. You need to consider that a lot of darkwraiths kill the boss for the area they are invading so their searching isn't interrupted by constant invasions, this will limit the amount of people you can invade.

Oolacile township is a good location, the bonfire just after Artorias. The forest and darkroot garden are also good choices. You won't invade many darkwraiths there, but you will get forest hunters who have gathered up a bit of sin. You also have the likes of the undead burg and parish, though they can be hit and miss depending on your level.

As for starting out in pvp, I don't think that a darkmoon blade is the best choice. You have long waiting times between invasions, so it's honestly only worth it if you plan to use the darkmoon faith weapon buff. I would suggest joining the forest covenant or the darkwraiths for a more active pvp experience.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:32 am

As a Darkmoon Blade, you are invading lower than your SL. In many cases, much lower. So, often it is easier for you.

As far as what you need to know, right now, it seems like experience. You have studied. Now, it is time to get out there and see what it is like. Don't try to be perfect. Just get out, invade, pvp, win some, lose some, etc.

Once you've done that, you'll know more (especially, you'll know what you don't know). Then, come back and ask more questions.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:43 am

HarlotsLoki wrote:As for starting out in pvp, I don't think that a darkmoon blade is the best choice. You have long waiting times between invasions, so it's honestly only worth it if you plan to use the darkmoon faith weapon buff. I would suggest joining the forest covenant or the darkwraiths for a more active pvp experience.

Well, I'm not brand new to PvP, it's just not my favorite thing to do. But, I actually am going after the Darkmoon Blade miracle as well as the Darkmoon talisman. I also don't like the Forest Hunter covenant. It's just not satisfying. Also, I'm planning on my sorceress/pyromancer to join the Darkwraiths.

Thanks for the tips guys, I'll try my hand at what I can do, fight, learn and improve. I'll more than likely be back with some questions, but I need to get into some fights before I can know what they will be (obviously. :b)

Thanks again, I shall return to this later.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:45 am

Just a heads up, when you invade in certain spots like the Kiln, Anor Londo, and the Darkroot Forest. You will be fighting 2-3 enemies at once often enough.

So what I suggest is invading while at a lesser known spot. So they can't spawn kill you. If in the Forest, try deep in the forest or at Alvina's house. If in Anor Londo, the bonfire isn't bad since most wait by O&S. And in the Kiln invade by Gwyn.

Keep multiple upgraded weapons on your person so that you can fight in different ways. Weapons do have counters so don't find yourself losing a battle because you didn't have the right equipment.

You'll want to learn to Roll BS probably. It's very useful in a wide array of situations. Sadly I haven't played in a while so I've forgotten how to do it myself haha.

If you are a faith build/int build, buff your weapon before going in especially if you have Darkmoon Blade. It will give you a great edge in the fight. The buff will be more useful if you are using fast long reaching weapons. Spears, katana, and scythes go really well with it.

You'll want to learn to toggle escape, and dead angle as well.

If you don't know these tricks already of course.
    eduardolee
    eduardolee
    Casual
    Casual

Post by eduardolee Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:16 am

If you wanna get better at pvp,join the darkwraiths,you will be doing mostly 1vs1 against higher sl people.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:24 am

I'm thinking of doing them later on. I'm trying not to accumulate sin with my Knight. My sorceress, yes, I'll have her join, eventually. Also, as I said earlier, I'm after the Darkmoon Blade miracle and Darkmoon talisman.

Thanks for the recommendation though, but I don't think I'm up for Darkwraith duty yet. :b
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:24 am

Also always have humanity in stock.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:24 pm

When I started to pvp I used to vade demon ruins as a dw sl 60, got plenty of action, guess you could try 80 as dm.

Been vading royal wood lately sl50, you get two bites of the cherry there.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:14 am

I don't have the DLC yet, so I can't do the Royal Wood. I may try the Darkroot Forest.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:45 am

I've gotta say, I absolutely love the Darkmoon Blade Covenant. I've tried the Darkwraith and Forest Hunter covenants, but when I invade as a Darkmoon Blade, I find so many more "honorable duels". Also, I don't have to be human to invade and I don't lose anything when I die during an invasion. On the other hand, however, I always feel bad when I tear down a really lower-level player within a matter of seconds. So, if I invade them again, I'll give them a Humanity back. Make no mistake though: some of these low-level players are actually pretty good.

Edit: I always invade at the Kiln, by the way.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:10 am

All I can suggest seeing as my first pvp build was for the Darkmoons is pick a weapon you like, get a cool outfit, invade some and look badass, then try your best to win as many fights as possible until you get some confidence.
    Elite Knight
    Elite Knight
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elite Knight Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:48 am

Oh, I have all the equipment I like. My biggest problem I'm facing are failed invasions. I'm not getting a whole lot of activity. The few worlds I did invade ended up with the area's enemies killing my target, or my target challenging the boss before we could fight.
    BrotherBob
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by BrotherBob Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:42 pm

Try the Kiln. Alot of players looking for PvP there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:13 am