Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Shiva's removed content - DeS rerefence

sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Shiva's removed content - DeS rerefence Empty Shiva's removed content - DeS rerefence

Post by sinspaw Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:42 am

So, it's not unknown that Shiva had an extra role in the game that was removed. He would be looking for the Chaos Blade, and attempt to kill you for it if you had it. You would also be able to get a black eye to get revenge on him, although I have no idea where it would be, although it wouldn't be in the forest that's for sure. For anyone who hasn't seen it:

Black Eye Orb:

Invade the world of the traitor Shiva.Invade the world of Shiva, and subdue him to reclaim the Blade of Chaos.

But the Black Eye has lost its focus, and its powers waver timorously. Where could the traitor Shiva be?

The most surprising thing however is the direct connection to Demon's Souls. Demon's Souls had a really long katana blade called " Magic Sword 'Makoto' " that had the same properties has the Chaos Blade. High damage, and it hurts the user for every successful attack. In this removed content, Shiva mentions that the chaos blade is " The legendary sword of the undead master 'Makoto' " - you can listen to this here.

What's interesting however, is that they are not really the same thing. The sword itself was called Makoto in DeS, whilst Shiva mentions that the chaos blade was the sword of the undead master Makoto.

Shame that this content was removed!

I'll just leave this question up for discussion - is it possible that Boletaria and Lordran exist in the same world? In the same universe even? Some people speculate the 6th unused archstone in DeS is Lordran, 'The land of the giants'.

Last edited by sinspaw on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cleaned up the post)
    DarkAldo
    DarkAldo

Shiva's removed content - DeS rerefence Empty Re: Shiva's removed content - DeS rerefence

Post by DarkAldo Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi,

Yes, probably the 6th unused archstone is the worls of Dark Souls, since there are a lot of giants there... either way, it´s still just speculation...
    BartholomewWenceslas
    BartholomewWenceslas
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Shiva's removed content - DeS rerefence Empty Re: Shiva's removed content - DeS rerefence

Post by BartholomewWenceslas Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm sure there would have been a lot more references to DeS, but since Sony owned the rights to it and From Soft wanted to put DkS on xbox as well, they had to pretty much remove anything related to DeS, which could be why they removed this little homage. I've never heard that about the sixth archstone, but that's a very interesting theory
    AnastaciaAstora
    AnastaciaAstora
    Regular
    Regular

Post by AnastaciaAstora Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:32 pm

It's a shame that was removed, Shiva did seem like he should have had more of a role to me. He was very developed for a basic npc.

In addition I would like to state that your avatar is the best I have seen in my life and that I am highly upset that the new Archer series is not out.
    sinspaw
    sinspaw
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sinspaw Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:46 pm

@DarkAldo, BartholomewWenceslas

Yes I know it's just speculation, I didn't mean it otherwise. To be honest, I'm very skeptical about the 6th archstone being Lordran. I'm sure if we look hard enough, there will be more than just the makoto reference (which technically isn't in the game) to Demons Souls, regardless of sony having the rights. I think that particular issue wasn't really the reason we don't see a lot of obvious connections throughout DkS, but more to do with the idea that FROM are very subtle about what they do. I'm sure they prefer to do things in a more abstract way. Any direct reference would trigger the very concrete idea that their worlds are at least entwined, if not the same. That isn't their style.

@AnastaciaAstora

Yeah... not the only one though. Oscar had a more important role in the game whilst it was in development but by the end he was only to be involved in the beginning. He would have appeared in Anor Londo, as well as at some point in the game he would judge you for your decision to either side with Kaathe or Frampt. I do think however, Oscar's previous purpose was somewhat filled with Solaire's storyline, even though not quite the same.

As for the avatar, thanks! "I shall fetch a rug, sir!" Worry not, January draws closer...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:48 am