Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Artorias, you're not so bad!

Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Artorias, you're not so bad! Empty Artorias, you're not so bad!

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:50 am

Finally reached ol' Art with my Iron Knight Tarkus build last night, and I absolutely creamed him! :affraid:

Clearly he doesn't hold up well when coming face-to-face with a medium rolling tank, I only wish I knew this sooner, and maybe I wouldn't of had such a hard time with my other build. lol

I bloody luv this game! twisted
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Artorias, you're not so bad! Empty Re: Artorias, you're not so bad!

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:39 am

Congratulations Gaz! I've a couple of questions though. I take it that your 'Iron Tarkus' build equips the Golem Armour, is that so? And if so, is it better than Havel's and what weapons etc. did you use? Last question (honest). Are you playing ng+? I'm asking because I still haven't managed to best the beast in ng+, although I have done it with my first playthrough character. Sorry to give you the third degree and again well done.
    Gazman0169
    Gazman0169
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Gazman0169 Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:06 am

Nope, the Black Iron Set, Shield, and Greatsword, that you find on the body near the Painted World Painting in Anor Londo.

My armour's currently all been upgraded to +5 (Twinkling), my shield to a +14 (titanite), and my Greatsword to a +15 (again titanite). I've decided upon no magic/miracles/pyromancies, and only the Green Blossom, Purple and Blooming Moss, and Humanities as consumable items, as you only ever see Iron Tarkus use a straight-up Greatsword (no noticeable buffs) when you summon him to fight the Iron Golem. I also intend to restrict his stat development to 120 or below, so as to keep the risk of invasion high.

My intention is to begin the run from Anor Londo (having done a suicide run to get the gear, meaning that everything that couldn't respawn was still living when I began the run proper), and to bring it around to NG+ to fight the Iron Golem alongside Iron Tarkus himself, which for me will be the perfect end to that part of the run.

From thereon-in who knows?

I'll probably keep levelling him up to around the 250 mark, remove any previous restrictions, and simply use him for high-level PvP, as I continue going from one + to the next.

A forest ganker hunting we will go! twisted
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:44 pm

My thanks, I'll have a rummage through my Bottomless Box and give it a try.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:13 pm