Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
meridam99
Whknight
zappo
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
deathsdragon
Rynn
Hangnail
11 posters

After the Moonlight Butterfly?

Hangnail
    Hangnail

After the Moonlight Butterfly? Empty After the Moonlight Butterfly?

Post by Hangnail Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:53 pm

I just beat the Moonlight Butterfly, anybody have advice on where I should go next? I am happy to answer questions regarding what I have already done so as to be pointed in the right direction. Thank You!
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

After the Moonlight Butterfly? Empty Re: After the Moonlight Butterfly?

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:55 pm

Can you list what bosses you have killed?
    Hangnail
    Hangnail

Post by Hangnail Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Yes indeed! Asylum Demon, Bell Gargoyle, Capra Demon, Moonlight Butterfly, Taurus Demon.
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:06 pm

I think as this being your first play through your next target is the Lower Undead Burg. To get there head back to the bridge with the dragon sitting across from it and unlock the other door.from where you came out after the Taurus Demon. The key is the one you got when you picked up the Divine ember after the Butterfly fight.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:08 pm

try blight town through the depths (2 bosses) or you could make a divine weapon and head to the catacombs.(out the back of firelink where the skeletons are theres a stairway down to the catacombs, be wary of bleed and traps.)
    zappo

Post by zappo Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:12 pm

I'd go with the depths and blight town as well. And if you're feeling brave you could make your way down to ash lake after that to light the bonfire down there. It's not needed unless you plan to join the dragon covenant, but it's a real hassle to get down there and finishing blight town puts you half way there.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:28 pm

Dragon bonefire is already lit, don't make the same mistake I did and end up having a hassle getting back out if you don't have the warp option yet. You can however lite and rest at the one at the top of the tree and then just talking to the dragon and using a homeward spell/bone out

You have three options, the two mentioned above, or you can go to New Londo and fight the Four Kings and become a Darkwraith, though you'll have to kill a fairly useful NPC to do it. As this seems like your first playthrough I don't recomend this option, you can do Catacombs with a divine weapon nabbing a useful upgrade, or go into the depths/blighttown and continue the story. That's my advice, have fun playing Dark Souls!
    meridam99
    meridam99

Post by meridam99 Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:38 pm

Hangnail wrote:Yes indeed! Asylum Demon, Bell Gargoyle, Capra Demon, Moonlight Butterfly, Taurus Demon.

Another important question is what is your current Soul Level and what kind of character is it? Are you a fighter, a cleric, thief, or mage?
    Hangnail
    Hangnail

Post by Hangnail Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:42 pm

My character is a Thief, I'm pretty sure I'm a Lvl 40 or so, how do I aquire this "Divine Weapon"?
    deathsdragon
    deathsdragon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by deathsdragon Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:45 pm

You'll have to give the Divine ember to the Blacksmith following is the link for upgrading at the wiki Upgrades
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Oh if you have a thief then you can skip making a divine weapon unless you want a specific type, or unless you don't meet the requirements of 10 STR/DEX and 14 FTH. You can pick up the Astora Straight Sword by going to New Londo, getting the the opening with all the hollows, going right into another tower and using the master key to open the gate. Across the plank going left, the hole in front of you is the exit of blighttown but you can reach the final bell going this path, across the bridge and you'll see a big purple thing.

It's an undead dragon that I'm not sure you'll want to fight. It won't attack until you get close to the two glowing orbs next to it's right arm, the one in the left is a soul you can pick up without worry but if you are quick enough you can grab the sword and a fire resist shield and roll left and away before getting attacked. He will not purse and is stuck there.
    Hangnail
    Hangnail

Post by Hangnail Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:56 pm

I ran out of the curse that lets me damage the ghost in New Londo Ruins and the creepy woman in the sewage tunnel no longer sells them, how do I go about getting more? I really appreciate all of you people being so kind and putting up with my odd questions! Thanks!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:05 pm

I think you should not try to do New Londo yet, its pretty hard. I suggest the Depths and then Blighttown like everyone else, there you will find better gear and acquire some experience.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:05 pm

You don't have to fight ghosts to go this route, it's literally the next tower on your right once you leave the one that takes you down.

Oh boy uh, If you haven't hit the body in the pot on the first tower before the first bridge, there are two hollows there also, there are 2 temp curses in there. If you have then if you are quick and run past the first two ghosts hug the stairs but do not go up them heading right behind a small wall is either a body or another pot with 2 more on them.

You get more curses from killing the ghosts, if they drop an item it will usually be 2 temp curses and rarely their weapon, or getting to Ingward who will sell them unlimitedly for 1000 souls. They can also be found randomly on some bodies in the ruins.

You can also get a cursed weapon which will allow you to damage ghosts without having to be cursed in any form. However there are 3 weapons that do this, 2 of which drop from the ghosts, a curved sword you will get off the usual ghosts, a dagger that drops from only 2 mobs in the ruins, they tend to scream and seem like they are holding something also don't usually move to attack you like the others.

The final is a boss soul weapon you get from a boss you must fight before you can fight the four kings. However you will have to have done blighttown and some other places before you can reach the NPC that can craft it.

I think that covers everything, sorry about the wall of text ^^;

Last edited by Whknight on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cleaned it up a bit.)
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:07 am

Go through the depths and take out the Gaping Dragon. Your SL is pretty high to co-op, so you can't farm him (I increased my pyro glove and bought the key from andre doing this). With the souls you get I'd backtrack to andre to get the key to the forest. There you can farm the NPC's any time you want or join the forest cov. After that I'd trek down to blighttown via the depths, take down quelaag and ring the second bell. Then I'd do the forest, Sens, Anor Londo, and then after that the world really opens up.
    jujufist

Post by jujufist Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:38 pm

Down with the wolf while you are still in Darkwood...

Then to blighton. You have the master key so you can use the backway...lots easier than the depths way. Nothing really in the depths that is that worthy other than an ember and a pyro guy which you can snag early in the level and warp out. Backtrack later if you want...bring a few purge stones in case.

Looking back...if I were to re-play my first playthrough that is how I would do it now.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:09 pm

[quote="jujufist"]Down with the wolf while you are still in Darkwood...
    quote]

Down with who?
    jujufist

Post by jujufist Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:21 pm

That would be Great Grey Wolf Sif...

Kill it swiftly and humanely...

It's Carphil's avatar you know winking
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Oh right then, just be carefull because there its a rumor the wolf can wield a huge sword happy
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Oh that thing? I uh... kinda threw a Sunlight Spear into it's forehead and it dropped to the ground, after I wailed on his furry rear for jumping all over the place like a kangaroo!

Also has anyone ever wondered how big Artorias was, his sword and headstone are quite massive.
    Mike-Lassen

Post by Mike-Lassen Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:23 pm

If you run out of transient curses, you can always just explore a bit in the depth. You will meet a creature that can curse you permanently (or until you find some means to lift the curse again).

This is a little bit more difficult, since you will suffer certain consequences of beeing cursed, but on the other hand, you can take your time, since you stay cursed. happy
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:35 pm

Mike-Lassen wrote:If you run out of transient curses, you can always just explore a bit in the depth. You will meet a creature that can curse you permanently (or until you find some means to lift the curse again).

This is a little bit more difficult, since you will suffer certain consequences of beeing cursed, but on the other hand, you can take your time, since you stay cursed. happy

I did this my first time through and then cured my curse before the 4 kings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:30 pm