Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Does Japanese version have different customization?

Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Does Japanese version have different customization? Empty Does Japanese version have different customization?

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:22 pm

I recently re-acquired my PS3 version of this game, and dusted off my old game saves. First thing I noticed in coop was that a few characters looked different (blue skin, green hair, etc). Are these custom options from the Japanese version? I've never seen them playing on Xbox.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Does Japanese version have different customization? Empty Re: Does Japanese version have different customization?

Post by Rarayn Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Options like that have always been available. It just takes a bit of messing around with the sliders. I've made some pretty ridiculous looking toons myself, ranging from dark red demons to this monstrosity:
    Spoiler:
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Does Japanese version have different customization? Empty Re: Does Japanese version have different customization?

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:36 pm

I must be completely blind...I swear, I have never noticed sliders in the character creation screen. I will have to look for this.
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:46 pm

It's great fun to play around with, albeit a bit frustrating to deal with if you want to use it to make a unique-looking character that doesn't look like a freakish monster.

My favourite result yet, which I have unfortunately been unable to reproduce, is this Elder Scrolls-style Dunmer. (Well, more like a compromise between the ones in Morrowind and Oblivion than the ones in Skyrim)
    Spoiler:
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:51 pm

Where exactly are ths sliders? All I've ever seen is the option to select a hair style or an "ethnicity". Is it a tab you open up on these options?
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:58 pm

https://i.imgur.com/PJbyy.jpg

First click "Customize" next to Accept. That will take you to a screen that looks like number 2 on the image there. Click "Customize" again, and you will be taken to a screen with the various detail sliders.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Good grief, I can't believe I've never clicked on that. Thanks for the info.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 10:32 pm