Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+39
Thxodore
morte
Undiscovery
Wilkinson3424
joey75421
xSomax
homelessguy
KingSeekerCow
Samurainova
Bioraptor
Azamuth
Ashran
Ace Windu
Hue
Djem
White Knight Wulf
Zeta Prime
Sloth9230
LunarFog
LickMyManus
samster628
Derpwraith
Lord of Ash
BeeSeaEss
Emergence
Everynevers
RedderAI
Avenger649
Onion Knight
Deathsitexxi
sinspaw
Acarnatia
Icegodzilla
DoughGuy
Marino.
BLA1NE
Skarectum
lalliman
FungalPsychosis
43 posters

Ornstein possibly an illusion?

Poll

Do we really fight Ornstein?

[ 37 ]
    Ornstein possibly an illusion? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap53%Ornstein possibly an illusion? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [53%] 
    [ 26 ]
    Ornstein possibly an illusion? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap37%Ornstein possibly an illusion? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [37%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Ornstein possibly an illusion? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap7%Ornstein possibly an illusion? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Ornstein possibly an illusion? - Page 4 I_vote_lcap3%Ornstein possibly an illusion? - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [3%] 

Total Votes: 70
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Ornstein possibly an illusion? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ornstein possibly an illusion?

Post by Acarnatia Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Well, that's assuming how the illusion magic works, which we actually don't know. Once made, they may exist indepenant of him, with Gwynevere being the keystone.
    Thxodore
    Regular
    Regular

Ornstein possibly an illusion? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ornstein possibly an illusion?

Post by Thxodore Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:41 pm

But if the illusions are independent of Gwyndolin, why do the other illusions vanish?
    homelessguy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by homelessguy Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Thxodore wrote:But if the illusions are independent of Gwyndolin, why do the other illusions vanish?
    why does the amazing chest not vanish if gywndolin killed ???
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:27 pm

homelessguy wrote:
    Thxodore wrote:But if the illusions are independent of Gwyndolin, why do the other illusions vanish?
    why does the amazing chest not vanish if gywndolin killed ???
    Being the keystone means that gwynevere is the illusion holding the rest of the illusions together.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:53 pm

What...?
    As far as i remember, they don't
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Hue wrote:
    What...?
    The Sentinels do. 

But yeah, they aren't illusions are they..

OH WAIT... I KNOW. THE SUN.

Maybe there's just no reason to hide it anymore? Since the Sentinels are gone?

Last edited by Soul of Stray Demon on Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:46 pm

Soul of Stray Demon wrote:
    Hue wrote:
    What...?
    The Sentinels do. 

Maybe there's just no reason to hide it anymore? Since the silver knights are gone?
    The Silver Knights AREN'T gone; they and the painting guardians are the only enemies still present after Anor Londo goes twilight.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:33 pm

Acarnatia wrote:
    Hue wrote:
    What...?
    The Sentinels do. 

Maybe there's just no reason to hide it anymore? Since the silver knights are gone?
    The Silver Knights AREN'T gone; they and the painting guardians are the only enemies still present after Anor Londo goes twilight.
    Sorry, I meant the sentinels the second time, I'll go back and change it.... 

But then begs the question, Why are the silver knights still there? Did they just not realize gwynevere is gone?
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:11 pm

I'm 'thinking because they AREN'T illusions, just as the Black Knights aren't; they're really there.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:14 pm

Acarnatia wrote:I'm 'thinking because they AREN'T illusions, just as the Black Knights aren't; they're really there.
    But aren't they protecting Gwynevere?

There's no need to if she's gone. 

That's the main problem with it. But then again, maybe they already know, and they just stay to fight.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:27 pm

Perhaps they, like the Black Knights are merely armor at this point-not intelligent, just willful enough to move and fight.
    Also, we don't know that they're protecting Gwynevere. They may only be assigned to protect Anor Londo's treasures, may be aware that Gwynevere's an illusion and not care, (possibly combined with the previous reason) may be following the directives of a different deity than Gwynevere or Gwyndolin, or have ulterior motives; we don't know.
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:29 pm

Silver Knight Helm

Helm of the Silver Knights who protect Anor
    Londo.
    When Lord Gwyn departed to link the Fire,
    his knights split into two groups. The Silver
    Knights remained in the forsaken capital in
    the service of their goddess.

Well the way it's written seems like they are protecting Gwynevere.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:06 pm

Point taken. This still doesn't mean that they're illusions, though, so they're still there even after the Gwynevere illusion is gone.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:22 pm

lol this thread is almost a year old and its still being debated.
    Scurrilous Straggler
    Scurrilous Straggler
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Scurrilous Straggler Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:54 am

I had a somewhat similar idea in this respect... I think that everything in Anor Londo, which isn't the Dark Sun or the surprise guards during night, are illusions. Smough and Ornstein existed once, I'm sure, as did all the knights and giants and demons, but, like everything else, they are gone a long time ago. Like the other inhabitants (excluding Tits McGee) we are able to interact in the form of aggravating combats. I don't trust a goddamn thing in Anor Londo. Not even that so called 'Moon' that illuminates the so called 'Sky.'
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:35 am

Scurrilous Straggler wrote:I had a somewhat similar idea in this respect... I think that everything in Anor Londo, which isn't the Dark Sun or the surprise guards during night, are illusions. Smough and Ornstein existed once, I'm sure, as did all the knights and giants and demons, but, like everything else, they are gone a long time ago. Like the other inhabitants (excluding Tits McGee) we are able to interact in the form of aggravating combats. I don't trust a goddamn thing in Anor Londo. Not even that so called 'Moon' that illuminates the so called 'Sky.'
    You don't think the Giant Blacksmith is real then? 

Besides that would mean the Gwyndolin Boss Battle is just way too easy then. He should be able to just create another Ornstein and Smough, and destroy you easily..... I don't think they are fakes.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:55 pm

I think at that point, Gwyndolin is pretty fed up with you, and he is a so-called deity; arrogance seems to come frequently with that.

On another note, in Vaatividya's '10 things you didn't know about Dark Souls 5', he covers an odd phenomenon; the moon actually disappears and reappears in twilight Anor Londo when you move the camera.
    Scurrilous Straggler
    Scurrilous Straggler
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Scurrilous Straggler Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:30 pm

Scurrilous Straggler wrote:I had a somewhat similar idea in this respect... I think that everything in Anor Londo, which isn't the Dark Sun or the surprise guards during night, are illusions. Smough and Ornstein existed once, I'm sure, as did all the knights and giants and demons, but, like everything else, they are gone a long time ago. Like the other inhabitants (excluding Tits McGee) we are able to interact in the form of aggravating combats. I don't trust a goddamn thing in Anor Londo. Not even that so called 'Moon' that illuminates the so called 'Sky.'
    You don't think the Giant Blacksmith is real then? 

Besides that would mean the Gwyndolin Boss Battle is just way too easy then. He should be able to just create another Ornstein and Smough, and destroy you easily..... I don't think they are fakes.
     I'm actually sort of undecided on the Giant Blacksmith. He does remain when the illusions go away, but then again he's in Anor Londo and that place is full of lies. I'm more inclined to believe he's real, though, now that I'm considering it. 

The Gwyndolin boss battle IS easy, on every +++ etc. You just have to run and dodge. Though I think it's so easy because he's not really used to ever fighting at all and has no real idea on how to combat someone coming right at him. I suppose that's another conversation, though. As for him being able to just resummon illusions; I always thought that the kind of effort it would take to summon beasts like S&O is massive and on a sort of 'cooldown.'
    Thxodore
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Thxodore Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:22 am

Gough talks about the Giant Blacksmith as if he knew him well...highly doubt he is an illusion.
    Scurrilous Straggler
    Scurrilous Straggler
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Scurrilous Straggler Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:46 am

Just because something lived once, doesn't mean it's not dead and an illusion now. Though because he didn't vanish, I'd be more inclined to say he is still alive.
    Thxodore
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Thxodore Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:29 pm

That's a good point. There's no true way to tell, but from what I've gathered from this thread he is not an illusion.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:33 pm