Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
WandererReece
skarekrow13
Green__Eagle
ublug
The Letter X
SlakeMoth
10 posters

The Capra Demon

SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Capra Demon Empty The Capra Demon

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:36 am

Ugh! I'd forgotten what a pain in the *** this fight is. It's my fourth time and it struck me that this encounter is just as unfair as the Drake on the Bridge, if not more so, because you have no room to maneouvre at all. Go through the fog gate and it's on you with it's pesky pups as well. I always run to the left and try to get up the stairs but in ng+ it seems to move faster. I'm sure I read somewhere that you can throw firebombs over the arch before you go through. Tried it, no joy, they keep hitting the wall. How can you target or aim them, does anyone know? Do you have to stand in a particular place?
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

The Capra Demon Empty Re: The Capra Demon

Post by The Letter X Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:01 am

I never heard of the firebomb thing, just angle your camera as high as possible and try a few different dIstances from it.

I prefer to go around the right of the Capra Demon at the beginning of the fight. I just jog along the wall until he lunges and then roll past him. Good luck.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:06 am

You have to manually aim them from the farside of the bridge, but in ng+ you need a lot of firebombs. IGBX posted a tutorial a while ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7PtpC3qL-Q I don't think the red tearstone will increase the damage from thrown items either.

Have you tried using the ring of fog, or even better the hidden body spell? This should prevent the dogs from seeing you, if you fight close to the fog.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:22 am

Yep, that's what I usually do. Equip Fog Ring and Slumbering Ring, step through the Fog Gate and immediately step to the right. You can fight Capra Demon alone. Once he is dead, you can fight the dogs.

If you don't have those rings, you have to run up the stairs and take out the dogs first.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:35 am

Great scythe. Hit everything.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:46 am

1) Enter the Arena of Doom.

2) Run to the right of Capra. Then run up the stairs.

3) Stand almost next to the wall. This puts you in a "sweet spot". Capra will try to hit you with his jump attack and fail. Also, the "sweet spot" is small. Too far left and hit successfully hits you, too far right and he joins you on the balcony.

3) Kill the dogs.

4 A) Use whatever ranged attackes you have.

4 B) Use a plunge attack. Then run back up the stairs as fast as possible. He may or may not follow you. If he follows you, then he will fall off after he attacks you.

Capra responds to the target lock:

He jumps to you and lands below you. Then he slashes in anger and then walks away. If you do not target lock he will keep walking to the stairs to try again. If you do target lock he will run back to the spot below you and slash in anger again.

Also, the Black Knight Sword + 0 with 20 str and 18 dex will kill Capra with 2 plunging attacks. I don't know how good it is on NG+.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:20 pm

When you run in with your shield up lock on to him immediately. Either take his hit, or roll if it is the two handed one, and then circle behind him towards the stairs, still locked on. Once you have your back to the stairs, unlock from him and run up them. The dogs will beat him up and then you can kill them, move back to the ledge and heal if you need to. From there it is one on one, and you can use the drop attack maneuver or just fight him head on by moving back out of range of his attacks and then getting one or two hits in after he misses.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:11 pm

Thank you all. I'll give your suggestions a whirl.
    Abiathar82
    Abiathar82
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Abiathar82 Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:30 pm

WandererReece wrote:1) Enter the Arena of Doom.

2) Run to the right of Capra. Then run up the stairs.

3) Stand almost next to the wall. This puts you in a "sweet spot". Capra will try to hit you with his jump attack and fail. Also, the "sweet spot" is small. Too far left and hit successfully hits you, too far right and he joins you on the balcony.

3) Kill the dogs.

4 A) Use whatever ranged attackes you have.

4 B) Use a plunge attack. Then run back up the stairs as fast as possible. He may or may not follow you. If he follows you, then he will fall off after he attacks you.

Capra responds to the target lock:

He jumps to you and lands below you. Then he slashes in anger and then walks away. If you do not target lock he will keep walking to the stairs to try again. If you do target lock he will run back to the spot below you and slash in anger again.

Also, the Black Knight Sword + 0 with 20 str and 18 dex will kill Capra with 2 plunging attacks. I don't know how good it is on NG+.

^ This is whjat I have always done. I didnt realize people had such problems with him until I joined this forum. I have never found him to be a challenge. As Reece said as soon as he falls off. Jump down onto his face , generally doing this twice is a win. But maybe I over level lol.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:21 pm

You can also try pyromancy from the ledge as he returns to the stairs. But above all, I recommend being sure you can one shot the dogs.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:11 pm

My method is always run straight at the stairs then roll once. There is a point where you can roll and dodge all of the attacks aimed at you and get up the stairs. Its tricky, but once you've done it you can do it over and over. And then I just plunge attack him over and over while standing in the aforementioned sweet spot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:19 am