Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Rynn
raecor14
Avenger649
7 posters

Is there any reason to be a host anymore?

Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Is there any reason to be a host anymore? Empty Is there any reason to be a host anymore?

Post by Avenger649 Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:59 am

This may be considered a rant but being a host for PvP, especially in the burg has become ridiculously infuriating lately. The majority of the experience can be summed up in about 5 words, waiting, hornet ring backstab fisher.
    The burg in particular seems to have been vacated by most "good" Pvp'ers and with Ps3 not really having any other areas for Pvp it has become a nightmare to find half decent PvP.
    For this reason I really see no reason to host considering that you lose against these people 90% of the time (due to roll bs) and it just becomes a wast of humanity (rant over).
    My question is then, is there anywhere that is there a worthwhile place to host anymore that isn't filled with tryhards?
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Is there any reason to be a host anymore? Empty Re: Is there any reason to be a host anymore?

Post by raecor14 Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:14 am

SL 80 in the PW its a good area with a nice community
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Is there any reason to be a host anymore? Empty Re: Is there any reason to be a host anymore?

Post by Rynn Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:51 am

If you're playing for souls, nothing is more valuable then being a host.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:55 am

As a host, i can be +3 in the dragon cov and still get quick PvP. I would have to wait a lot longer if i was using the dragon eye.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Host in Oolacile Township and if you can handle it, the forest.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:04 pm

if you host you ensure you will only face DW's under you in level instead of the chance of invading some lvl 300+
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:37 pm

Glutebrah wrote:if you host you ensure you will only face DW's under you in level instead of the chance of invading some lvl 300+
    Also you fight under your rules, not the hosts. Save for blessings, it's easier to punish phantom heals.
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:36 pm

My problem with using the argument that hosting gives you souls is after a while the whole concept of souls becomes worthless since you have so many.
    Also a question about the township, as it has no boss I assume you can PvP in it permanently, or is it after manus you can't get any more invasions.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:37 pm

After Manus you can no longer get invaded.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:50 pm

It's really only beneficial to host if your confident in your skill or a high level, also it's a lot of fun grabbing a friend and taking turns fighting invaders.

Also couldn't you keep Kalameet alive instead and pvp before the arena/ in the forest?
    Avenger649
    Avenger649
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Avenger649 Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:57 pm

Possibly but the royal wood is a much less popular PvP area than places like the burg and oolacile.
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:05 pm

I did alright there with my 200+ toon for a while, doesn't seem to be many Red's invading outside Arty's house and I got a surprising number of darkmoon's. It'd be great if more red soaps moved there it's a good amount of space although not as nice as Oolacile's courtyard sadly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:38 am