Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
ChizFreak
Automancer
steveswede
DoughGuy
cloudyeki
CaligoIllioneus
Soris Ice Goldwing
Rudmed
WyrmHero
PwnasauresRex
reim0027
User
Dubscythe
tinypantha
PlasticandRage
Argetlam350
20 posters

Dark Souls II Video Trailer!

Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls II Video Trailer! - Page 2 Empty Dark Souls II Video Trailer!

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:08 am

Go ahead and edit the topic. I just quickly made the thread so everyone could know.
    Rudmed
    Rudmed
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dark Souls II Video Trailer! - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls II Video Trailer!

Post by Rudmed Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:09 am

.....if that is the next game....

*....drools......*
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:11 am

I had no idea what it was until the title at the end and I was stunned. XD

Such a freaking epic trailer.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:12 am

I hope it's a prequel. Set during one of the ancient ages we hear about now.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:15 am

Sweet mother of the ice abyss this is awesome! So many things to do now, and so much lore to find! I wonder if they will let us import our characters? Man I can't wait!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:22 am

WTF they remove the video!!!! I can't seem to find any lore connections but that girls looks like the Firekeeper. I think it's set in the past since they say the word undead. Maybe we'll see the God of War and the war of chaos. I would say it's when Gwyn went to link the fire or before!!!
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:22 am

WHAT!? Why did they remove it. Crap I'll go find it again hold on.
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:23 am

Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:26 am

Here, Kotaku seems to have it up.

http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer

EDIT
    Ah thanks Caligolllioneus. Hmmm wonder if a mod or admin could perchance put it into the first post of the thread.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:27 am

My first uprep was still in off-topic. Gotcha again. Thanks for the news Argetlam
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:34 am

Le sigh, I guess I have to be the skeptic/cynic/critic/whatever you wanna label it.

Let's take a step back and compare it to what we know of dark souls right now, Kay?

1) it's far more action oriented in this trailer, especially in comparison to the first dark souls trailers.
    2) none of this seems to be in-game (think of the original dead island trailer)
    3) where is the developer info, because none of this is From's style.
    4) how does it relate to Dark Souls? Story and setting-wise. Dark Souls was more about the struggle and the loneliness.

Let's not get hyped just yet, mis amigos. I'll reserve judgement for when we receive more information on this.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:34 am

Argetlam350 wrote:Here, Kotaku seems to have it up.

http://kotaku.com/5966786/here-is-dark-souls-iis-debut-trailer

EDIT
    Ah thanks Caligolllioneus. Hmmm wonder if a mod or admin could perchance put it into the first post of the thread.
    Done. I've also downloaded the vids and can re-up them as needed.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:37 am

@cloudyeki

Ah such a party pooper. XD

Yes it's different but I'm just excited that it's DARK SOULS 2 more then anything. I mean come on, that's epic on its own news. Plus it's a premiere trailer, so its not like they are going to reveal much to soon since its the first time we've actually have confirmation on such a thing existing. Yes literally this trailer probably shows us nothing about the game truely but it still is epic.

@reim0027

All right thanks. happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:40 am

cloudyeki wrote:Le sigh, I guess I have to be the skeptic/cynic/critic/whatever you wanna label it.

Let's take a step back and compare it to what we know of dark souls right now, Kay?

1) it's far more action oriented in this trailer, especially in comparison to the first dark souls trailers.
    4) how does it relate to Dark Souls? Story and setting-wise. Dark Souls was more about the struggle and the loneliness.

Let's not get hyped just yet, mis amigos. I'll reserve judgement for when we receive more information on this.

Have you seen DeS' opening movie? It looks exactly the same as the knight fighting the porcelain masks. It says you're the undead. You can see Anor Londo, Painted World, Ciaran babies (porcelain masks) and Velka!!!!TThis is DkS!!!!!
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:41 am

Call it damage control for when we finally see what it really is, boyo. If its amazing, I'll be able to appreciate it more, if it blows and is just riding the coat tails of its predecessor then I won't feel betrayed.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:42 am

You dont know thats Velka
    very easy to copy someone else's masks
    That doesnt look like anor londo to me. Middle tower is too high
    The didn't use FROMs name. Why not? Were they worried it could get them into legal trouble?
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:44 am

cloudyeki wrote:Le sigh, I guess I have to be the skeptic/cynic/critic/whatever you wanna label it.

Early trailers rarely show actual gameplay. I'm actually glad it didn't show any. Says to me they're probably still too early in the design phase to have any, and I hope it stays that way for a good long while. Just because the tone is a little different doesn't mean anything, and I have to agree with Wyrm's point. The DeS trailer was almost the same thing, actually might have had even less plot elements, and more action. I'm most excited just to know that it's being made. We don't have to guess anymore. We know it will come. That's exciting.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:47 am

WyrmHero wrote:

Have you seen DeS' opening movie? It looks exactly the same as the knight fighting the porcelain masks. It says you're the undead. You can see Anor Londo, Painted World, Ciaran babies (porcelain masks) and Velka!!!!TThis is DkS!!!!!

Also keep in mind that in the trailer we have what appears to be a real dragon. It is either Kalameet due to the single eye or another of the pure dragons. Considering Kalameet was supposed to be the last real dragon, this trailer screams prequel.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:48 am

I honestly don't see this as Dark Souls. It's a great trailer and if you see it as a stand alone title, it's amazing! I don't want to criticize anything from just the trailer just let's put together some notable points.

The trailer is more action orientated that focuses on wonderful visuals to draw you in, even if it may not be linked to the original DkS story. There was no hint of the gameplay or it's mechanics - which is the vital point to any of the Souls games. The most important part, nothing on the developer of DkSII. Which i fear, is not From; because this isn't their style. They wouldn't try to lure you in with pretty faces and visuals. Those are just the added bonus to the game.

Hopefully, we'll see more trailers. Ones with actual useful information regarding the game. Still, wonderfully made trailer. Reminds me of Van Helsing for some odd reason.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:48 am

My point is don't get over hyped. We've little information as it is and we already have Wyrm making up 'facts' on 1 trailer.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 am

Black hair, giving a black feather to the knight Dough. The only thing that seems suspicious to me is the voice, but he just says a few things.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:49 am

cloudyeki wrote:My point is don't get over hyped. We've little information as it is and we already have Wyrm making up 'facts' on 1 trailer.

Hahahaha. I hear you.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:50 am

cloudyeki wrote:My point is don't get over hyped. We've little information as it is and we already have Wyrm making up 'facts' on 1 trailer.

LMAO
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:52 am

He's right Wyrm.

Also DeS trailer is still a lot of gameplay stuff, more than cinematics. And considering DkS is the latter game, you'd expect their trailer style to more go down that route.
    cloudyeki
    cloudyeki
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by cloudyeki Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:53 am

WyrmHero wrote:Black hair, giving a black feather to the knight Dough. The only thing that seems suspicious to me is the voice, but he just says a few things.

Wyrm, don't jump to conclusions. Less likely to create misinformation and have yourself called out on (like with the whole pendant to talk to the pygmy and hidden ending stuff)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 1:36 am