Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+136
DemonDrink
KrazykevS10
User1
GaryBlevins
Dutchy
TheBigLebowski
WaLKA
Bigbrodeur
Mikutow
Sanhedrim
Dalerik
Dilaudid281
sicktwist
Rona
SenseOfSecurity
SpecialNewb
ak1287
Hugh_G_Johnson
Bearded Dragon
danfts
gmwdim
Frank_White
Archandes
samster628
argetlam213
Corporal Hart
Mike5005005
KingSeekerCow
Cepzeu
emraluces
Flankydizzle
Animaaal
jp09
Garl_Vinland
Kuragari
FattyOfDoom
GenericUsername
MosquitoPower
Hydreigon11
Gyonimizotetsu
Ashran
Shkar
PlasticandRage
messremb
Artorias The Abyss Walker
denleigh
vereornox
Oh_the_Humanity
Deathsitexxi
Snuggles
Wilkinson3424
Fossil
Krasouski
Sargerus
ComaPrison
Kyōkai
JeragiusTheSlayer
hageshisa
Forum Pirate
Nessima017
Mr. Tart
CaptanSpudsy
Nybbles
Zakkia
aprilmanha
gaarafrednorris
Slarg232
hqboy
Tomhet
Myztyrio
befowler
The_Burning Cross
DE5PA1R
bosslugger
MasterofShadows
BeeSeaEss
GTP_Zodicus
dragonbeast6
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
exod FEAR
Acarnatia
Reyl
GrinTwist
Solid Knight
GkMrBane
OmarTheFuzzy
Macromute
carlucio
Xero
Halicarnassis
SetaSensei
Sloth9230
ViralEnsign_
User
tofucactaur
Rudmed
Marino.
WandererReece
Serious_Much
ZoltarTheDestroyer
Tolvo
XKnightArtoriasX
Buggy Virus
Djem
Fotitudo
Juutas
>Brave<
Infighter
passivefamiliar
MagisterM
Aevun
Saturday-Saint
eminusx
The Grand Confessor
raecor14
mr_no_face
XachAttack
ublug
Onion Knight
Hyena
Seignar
defacto
The Letter X
PwnasauresRex
RANT
Reaperfan
Phoenix Rising
Soris Ice Goldwing
ChizFreak
Noob-of-Artorias
Pucko
Avenger649
callipygias
tinypantha
MyAwesomeAfro
T-King-667
140 posters

Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Dark souls 2: Wishlist - Page 11 Empty Re: Dark souls 2: Wishlist

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:04 am

Seignar wrote:Look the solution to all this is just a tutorial that explains the basic things of everything:

1) Your controls and basic game mechanics.
    2) Basic Online mechanics.
    3) Stats, poise, etc.

I'm sure some of you would say that this would be hand-holding, which you think is bad, but it isn't. There is a difference between having a waypath indicator and actually telling you what you can do.

Taking an example an essay that you have to write (about whichever topic): You don't know how to write an essay so you go to the professor and ask: "How do I make an essay?".

If the professor does the former (Waypath indication), he/she would be going around helping you make every single sentence and paragraph.
    If the professor does the latter, he/she would explain the parts of an essay and what your focus should be.

The point is (if I made one) that getting a better tutorial helps players know strategies earlier on, which saves some unnecessary frustration. How many players do you think will be more willing to give this game a chance if they knew they can avoid griefers by remaining hollow?

Yes, as it stands new players have to visit the wiki or watch youtube videos to understand some of the more complex game mechanics
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:05 am

Seignar wrote:Look the solution to all this is just a tutorial that explains the basic things of everything:

1) Your controls and basic game mechanics.
    2) Basic Online mechanics.
    3) Stats, poise, etc.

I'm sure some of you would say that this would be hand-holding, which you think is bad, but it isn't. There is a difference between having a waypath indicator and actually telling you what you can do.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anyone suggesting that an improved tutorial would be hand-holding. Rather, some were suggesting that changing the game to prevent players from being invaded until they reach a high enough level (or otherwise prove themselves) would be hand-holding.

ETA: By the way, exodFEAR, I like your rival covenants idea.

Last edited by OmarTheFuzzy on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rival covenants)
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:15 am

OmarTheFuzzy wrote:

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anyone suggesting that an improved tutorial would be hand-holding. Rather, some were suggesting that changing the game to prevent players from being invaded until they reach a high enough level (or otherwise prove themselves) would be hand-holding.

ETA: By the way, exodFEAR, I like your rival covenants idea.

I think it would be enough to prove yourself by beating the entire first level(not tutorial) on your own at the very least, that is how demon souls did it after all.

Edit: maybe even make you cursed so you have half health, and after the boss the curse gets broken.
    Buggy Virus
    Buggy Virus
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Buggy Virus Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:23 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:What if there was a covenant that low level players could join. . . which greatly lessens your chance of being invaded?

Oh wait. . .

Yes, too bad that the game never explains that.

But it's an elegant solution that already exists, just tell new players. Bam!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:25 am

Buggy Virus wrote:
    Sloth9230 wrote:
    Buggy Virus wrote:What if there was a covenant that low level players could join. . . which greatly lessens your chance of being invaded?

Oh wait. . .

Yes, too bad that the game never explains that.

But it's an elegant solution that already exists, just tell new players. Bam!

Speaking of The Way of white should they return(or similar covenant) they should be merged with the princess guard covenant, as it stands both kind of... suck.

Also, I read that it doesn't reduce invasion rate, it just has less priority than other covenants, and since no other covenants are available until you reach the sunlight altar it's functionally useless in the first part of the burg, except for summoning help.

Last edited by Sloth9230 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:31 am; edited 2 times in total
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:27 am

have new weapons been discussed yet? we know there are dragons, therefore there should be dragon weapons, i'd like to see a hand club or a halberd personally big grin
    OmarTheFuzzy
    OmarTheFuzzy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by OmarTheFuzzy Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:30 am

sparkly-twinkly-lizard wrote:have new weapons been discussed yet? we know there are dragons, therefore there should be dragon weapons, i'd like to see a hand club or a halberd personally big grin

From the trailer, it appears there will be kukris (the curved knives wielded by the masked assassins).
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:41 am

ooh, good catch!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:42 am

I want a machete, how can we have a demon great machete and no regular machete? -__-

Also I'm not sure if anyone saw this so I'm just gonna repost it.
    Sloth9230 wrote:

I'd like charged attacks. I've seen lots of people say they want more special moves on weapons and I think this would be a good way of implementing them without sacrificing the basic move-sets of most weapons (i.e. black knight/Artorias swords whose R2 moves are too slow to be of any use). Most special moves tend to be pretty slow anyway so I don't think an extra second to hold down an attack button would be much of a sacrifice anyway.

Weapons without special moves would of course also need charge up moves. For lighter weapon classes I'd suggest auto combos that are slightly faster and more damaging than regular hits (Think Gold tracer) And heavier weapons would do more damage and have either knock-back or increased poise/stability damage (again, the black knight weapons)

These moves would be almost completely useless in PVP but I think they would make a nice addition for PVE, which is what most special moves tend to be used for anyway. I'd personally be fine with the combat staying the way it is, but I think this cold make the game more entertaining, any thoughts or suggestions?

Some feedback would be nice lol
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:42 am

At Mr. No Face; while I agree that houses and pets don't fit the Soul series, please keep your language respectful-and can you type more legibly?
    Houses and pets don't fit with the theme and settings of the Soul series; the only way to make that could work would be if it became a full mmo.
    I think having an area that is always open to invasions (with souls other rewards, unlike the arena) regardless of the area boss's survival.
    The early section of the game certainly can be made less frustrating by just explaining the mechanics (not necessarily making sure you can actually perform them; just understand them)
    And on charged attacks; NO. This isn't another arcade game where you punch meat suits; occasional oversized weapons aside, the Soul series has been thus far pretty realistic in it's combat. (at the very least comparatively to most other 'big' games) The absolute dedication to their ideals and honesty is what of the things that I, at least, find so attractive about these games and I really hope they stay true to that.
    Anyways; I do hope they add in at least ONE full town. I just hope they balance the barren, bleak world with a little life well while keeping the feel of the world set by Demon's and Dark intact.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:51 am

Realism ehh? well if you want them to look realistic you could make it look like your character is putting all his strength into it or something? Or do the black knight moves look unrealistic to you? I'm not suggesting that your character glow like if it was Ninja Gaiden or something.

I agree on the houses though, your character is supposed to be clinging on to life, having a house would take that feeling of desperation and necessity away. Though I'm pretty sure this suggestion and Mr.Noface's reaction were intended to be humorous anyway.
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:43 am

yeah i was just a little dumbfounded that people would suggest those concepts lol
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:48 am

Hello everyone....i`ve been an avid reader of Dark souls wiki since....well....since its been out. With the annoucment that Dark souls 2 is on its way cheers I decided to join the forums.
    I have a few ideas I want to float towards you...and Im sorry if someone has already posted these ideas.

My wishlist for Dark souls 2:

Backstabbing should be impossible when you have the shield on your back unless your wielding a knife which should come in from the side with reduced damaged.

Weapons should have customizable moves...for instance lets say you`re weilding a claymore that has a horizontal swing and a secondary stab. You should be able to switch these moves with lets say a vertical swing or maybe a swing that goes from bottom left to top right.
    Maybe these moves could be sold by a sword master like spells.

Posting "helpful" messages near ladders or bonfire etc should not be possible.

Enviroments should play a bigger part...deep snow should slow you down and cold should be like toxic unless you have something warm like a clock.Running up a staircase should drain more stamina then running down.

Though this has been already hinted at your character should break of arrows that has hit you when there is a pause in the fighting.

Viking sword should be present somewhere...bounce

More gestures......lots more. Though i will probably just use praise the sun.
    The "well thats it" gesture should be removed.sad I really dislike
    when people use this gesture before the fight has even started.
    At least when I pommel them to the ground.

More AOE spells...one i would like to see is a spell that while in a forrested area
    would bring forth vines and roots to hold you. Cutting these would free you, but while in other areas it would become like a slime that would slow you slightly.

Well...thats all I got so far....

P.s.....I was really dissapointed that there was no video of you carrying Lady Dusk out when you saved her from the abyss monster Manus
    GTP_Zodicus
    Regular
    Regular

Post by GTP_Zodicus Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:36 am

More involved character creation, at or near the level of dragons dogma. larger move sets for each weapon, and the bigest wish of all is that it still plays and feels like dark souls.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:57 am

I disagree with adding more moves or purchasable move sets, the whole point of the different weapons is to each have different attacks and abilities, purchasing would reduce that and might as well just have one weapon for each category, as if people didnt use the same thing too much already...

In terms of more moves, I dunno how this could be done without completely altering the controls, and just like purchasing moves, it's just not souls. You don't need fancy moves because that isn't what souls combat is about.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:04 pm

New weapons I want to be added:

- Flintlock blackpowder firearms
    (pistol and rifle)
    - Ball & Chain
    - Ogre blade (The sword that has two separate blades on both sides of the "handle")
    - Chakrams

+ generally more of every types of weapons...
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:22 pm

Juutas wrote:New weapons I want to be added:

- Flintlock blackpowder firearms
    (pistol and rifle)
    - Ball & Chain
    - Ogre blade (The sword that has two separate blades on both sides of the "handle")
    - Chakrams

+ generally more of every types of weapons...

Fire arms in Dark souls...I dont think so....the rest is ok though.But no to fire arms of any kind.
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:29 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I disagree with adding more moves or purchasable move sets, the whole point of the different weapons is to each have different attacks and abilities, purchasing would reduce that and might as well just have one weapon for each category, as if people didnt use the same thing too much already.....

I dunno.....I usually stay away from different weopons because they dont have moves that are good. Like Iato for instance sux compared to the katana because the move sets dont work for me. I f I could choose move sets from certain standards i would be able to choose the weapens that find cool and other people would too therefore you would see more varied uses of the different since most people dont like the same And also a sword should be able to swing the way you want it
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:35 pm

dragonbeast6 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:I disagree with adding more moves or purchasable move sets, the whole point of the different weapons is to each have different attacks and abilities, purchasing would reduce that and might as well just have one weapon for each category, as if people didnt use the same thing too much already.....

I dunno.....I usually stay away from different weopons because they dont have moves that are good. Like Iato for instance sux compared to the katana because the move sets dont work for me. I f I could choose move sets from certain standards i would be able to choose the weapens that find cool and other people would too therefore you would see more varied uses of the different since most people dont like the same And also a sword should be able to swing the way you want it

Okay, while that could happen, this game is just min/max paradise in pvp, the only way to balance what you're suggesting balanced would be to have all weapons equal in one class, otherwise everyone will obviously just pick the strongest, fastest weapon from the class, there wouldn't be variety.

I get that you should be able to have good move sets and swing swords however you please,, but if it doesn't stay just unique to specific weapons its just doesn't balance as well as the system now. Also everyone would probably end up using the inevitable 'best' move set, which would get incredibly dull
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Flails definitely fit into the setting. The technology is way too early for firearms, though. Aside from demonic or magical weapons, everything is pretty realistic, so double-bladed swords are unlikely (and honestly just don't fit). As for the chakrams-I really don't think Indian weapons fit into the Dark setting.
    And I wonder if they can implement horses, at least for enemies. Part of what defined a knight was that they fought on horseback.
    dragonbeast6
    dragonbeast6
    Casual
    Casual

Post by dragonbeast6 Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:22 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    dragonbeast6 wrote:

Okay, while that could happen, this game is just min/max paradise in pvp, the only way to balance what you're suggesting balanced would be to have all weapons equal in one class, otherwise everyone will obviously just pick the strongest, fastest weapon from the class, there wouldn't be variety.

I get that you should be able to have good move sets and swing swords however you please,, but if it doesn't stay just unique to specific weapons its just doesn't balance as well as the system now. Also everyone would probably end up using the inevitable 'best' move set, which would get incredibly dull

Agreed...balancing this would be difficult but not impossible. But I feel its already there now, although most veteran players like to try different weapons and are efficient with them i cant help to find that alot of people use the same weapons. Katana,claymore,zwisshander are the top three. Still....having a "best" move set would suck and I understand your feelings but I think it would make it more varied if they implemented it right.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Just thought of something I would really really love to see in DS2; the ability to sheathe your weapon. Please, please!
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:40 pm

eminusx wrote:
    Juutas wrote:-
    More creative ways for game to tell you that your world has been invaded by hostile phantom
    As I listed above I don't want the game to tell you with a huge box:
    "dark spirit xxxx has invaded", but I want the hosting player to have
    clues about it in his world (maybe some enemies could act restless, or
    fire in torches could flicker more...some suddle stuff you could notice
    if you pay attention, but could also miss if you're careless.

would definately be cool if you got some really subtle indication that you'd been invaded, maybe tie it to the covenant. . . .that way it would take a while for you to understand the relevance between each indication. .
    . dark clouds start to gather for darkwraiths. . . colour begins to drain from parts of the screen for Gravelord. . . the screen blurrs with a heat haze for dragon cov. . . also reactions from the nearby npc's or enemies or environment.
    there could be several indications for each covenant dependent on the SL of the invader. . .that would build the fear factor.

Great idea Juutas!

hmmm, that was weird, the dream I had last night was some npc I talked too in this castle, (i can't make out the image or name) said "I feel that something is not right, something strange..." then I got killed by some weird orange phantom. I wish the people making the games would read this forum, i think it would help them out on ideas.
    MasterofShadows
    MasterofShadows
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MasterofShadows Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Yeah, instead of having "____ has invaded your world", have certain effects that are so subtle, that only the alert player would notice them. This would also give the invaded player a possible chance to get a real jump on an unaware host.

Secondly, I know that I've already mentioned this in another thread, but in case FROM is watching, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, MAKE CROSSBOWS AND THROWING KNIVES USEFUL!
    bosslugger
    Casual
    Casual

Post by bosslugger Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:50 pm

callipygias wrote:Wandering enemies, better AI, inability to pull mobs one-by-one.

Oooh, this! It's always terrifying when you see "N00BKiller has invaded your world", can you imagine wandering down dark, tight corridors never knowing when an enemy NPC is going to pop out and try to kill you??

I would personally like to see one-hit raging of NPCs get nerfed. Sometimes you hit them by accident and they just freak out on you. I don't want to fork over 40,000 souls for a mistake.

Keep - limited healing via estus flasks or such.
    - warping around the world
    - ability to help others after your world's area boss is defeated

Nerf - Easy backstabs
    - Cheap kills like Ring of Fog, TWoP

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:42 pm