Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Sentiel
Shindori
6 posters

Shindori's Design a Pyromancer contest!! Art for Prize!

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Shindori's Design a Pyromancer contest!! Art for Prize! Empty Shindori's Design a Pyromancer contest!! Art for Prize!

Post by Shindori Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:06 am

Here's the deal.
    I want to do a pyromancer character, but I have not the slightest clue where to begin. I mean yeah I've done one before, but it was a hybrid character, called Artorias of The Flames.
    Anyways, I want a pure pyromancer build.
    Here's what I like:

Pyromancies (MUST BE INCLUDED):
    Great Chaos Fireball and Great Fireball, Great Combustion, Chaos Fire Whip, Fire Surge, Chaos Storm and Fire Tempest, Power Within, Undead Rapport.

Weapons:
    Straight Swords, Fist Weapons, and Whips.
    MUST be Chaos or Fire.

Armor:
    Anything that will allow me to fast roll and still give me great defense.
    Also must look kickass. c:

Level Cap:

It will probably be easy to make a character with such a high level, but do not exceed level 200, as that's what I usually go for in Battle of Stoicism.

Now you're probably wondering, "But you said contest.. is there a prize?!"
    My answer is.. YOU DAMN RIGHT THERE'S A PRIZE!!

I know it's not much but I'll make you artwork of your main toon in Dark Souls.
    When I pick the winner, which I will pick as soon as I see it, I will contact you via message asking you for the details.
    Samples: Here you go, sirs.
    http://shindori.deviantart.com/gallery/

I will check on this thread later tonight to pick the winner.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Shindori's Design a Pyromancer contest!! Art for Prize! Empty Re: Shindori's Design a Pyromancer contest!! Art for Prize!

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:13 pm

Shindori wrote:
    Great Chaos Fireball and Great Fireball, Great Combustion, Chaos Fire Whip, Fire Surge, Chaos Storm and Fire Tempest, Power Within, Undead Rapport.
    ^ That is a LOT of magic.
    Even with 50 Att you can't fit all of this in there. We would have to use two rings that gives you an extra attunement slot, effectively killing all your ring slots and it will be a pain to browse through them in middle of combat, but as you wish.

Ok here goes...

SL 200 Pyromancer test

Since it has both ring slots killed, so you can carry all those spells around, this was the only armor option that would give you at least 32 Poise, so you won't get stagered by smaller weapons, looked kinda cool and has one important benefit, that I will adress later.

Stats
    I've balanced Vit and End so you can use all this gear and have some decent HP, while giving you 45 Dex for the fastest Pyro casting speed, for chaining attacks. Since you want to use elemental weapons, putting more that 16 in Str is pointless. I put 16 there, so you can use other weapons, even of the same class as you requested.

Weapons
    The idea is to use Pyromancy as your primary form of attack with BSS to keep distance. It's R2 is very strong, despite the weapons looks.

You got Claw and Nothed Whip as secondary for their bleed, so you can switch between them to maintain constatnt bleed build up on your opponent. You can do the same with Barbed Straight Sword, but that thing is ver short and has terrible moveset, so I kept it out.

Notched Whip is in left hand for cases when you can't use your spells, like when under the effect of VoS for example. You can attack with BSS and use the NW to take care of parry happy opponents.

All weapons are Chaos as they are a bit stronger than Fire, but are dependant on your Humanity.

You can change Claw for NW and NW for Dark Hand so you can have a shield, while not breaking your requirement about Fist Weapons.

Armor
    It's mostly Thorn set, with Artorias Gloves to save some End. The character is designed to be nimble and do constant damage, this armor set will allow you to damage enemies just by rolling and with Thorn chest and legs, you can do so while rolling in any direction.
    It also has beneficial effect of protecting you against backstabs, if you time your roll properly, which will be usefull as many skilled opponents will try to roll bs your spells.

Crown of Dusk is there to boost your Pyro damage, but there's enough weight left, so you can switch it for one of the Pinwheel's Masks.

Rings
    Not much to say, I had to use both slots to get you your desired spells.

Spells
    You got them all right there boss. happy
    I've arranged them into four brackets for chaining.

First is GCF, that you can chain into CFW and/or Chaos Storm. You got all the lava effect spells together, so you can control the battlefield. People are scared of the lava and it does some extra damage to them.

The other set is identical, but will be easier to chain thanks to GC, but doesn't have secondary damage from lava, so it won't protect you from roll bs attempts that much. You still got Thorn set, so no problem.

Fire Surge is there to finish off enemies with little HP left and that's why it's after chain spells.

PW and Undead Rapport are last, to be used before battle and so you can quickly switch to the first chain spells.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Shindori's Design a Pyromancer contest!! Art for Prize! Empty Re: Shindori's Design a Pyromancer contest!! Art for Prize!

Post by WyrmHero Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:48 pm

Hope you like this one. The armor should look badass, I would go Black Flame over GC for a darker look. Chaos weapons won't do better than normal/crystal since you have 45 Dex, unless you go for a C/C weapon. The spells you listed need more than 50 Att, which is impossible unless you equip the Att rings, and they aren't worth it.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=434824665234660383
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Here ya go. A great look. Max hp with no buffs. A nifty-*** sword, and the ability to parry. No elf ears because it ruins the look, and they are ugly anyway. As much as buffs do good for you, skill is what takes the cake.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=460211180134382587
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Damn thats a lot of pyro

Here is the build
    http://mmdks.com/gxr

Spells
    I didnt fit them all as that would require the 2 att rings and they arent worth it imo
    Aside from that I made your pyro as powerful as possible giving you 45 dex to acheive max cast speed and the bellowing dragoncrest ring to get high damage

Weapons
    Use the BSS to keep some distance with the powerful R2s and when pyro is a less viable option, the claw can be used as an alternative that can bleed enemies, switch to the sheild when you need to
    Also I have included the stats to weild the chaos blade and furysword as they both fit your theme and would work well with this build

Armor
    This set is one of my personal favourite armors, I dont know if its the creepy skull face or the blood but it just seems to scream "Do not f*** with me"

Tips
    Your pyro is extremely fast and powerful and as such will be your primary offensive tool but dont become to dependant on it as that will be your undoing

Happy hunting
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:50 pm

Steel Dragon74 wrote:Damn thats a lot of pyro

Here is the build
    http://mmdks.com/gxr

Spells
    I didnt fit them all as that would require the 2 att rings and they arent worth it imo
    Aside from that I made your pyro as powerful as possible giving you 45 dex to acheive max cast speed and the bellowing dragoncrest ring to get high damage

Weapons
    Use the BSS to keep some distance with the powerful R2s and when pyro is a less viable option, the claw can be used as an alternative that can bleed enemies, switch to the sheild when you need to
    Also I have included the stats to weild the chaos blade and furysword as they both fit your theme and would work well with this build

Armor
    This set is one of my personal favourite armors, I dont know if its the creepy skull face or the blood but it just seems to scream "Do not f*** with me"

Tips
    Your pyro is extremely fast and powerful and as such will be your primary offensive tool but dont become to dependant on it as that will be your undoing

Happy hunting

Loving this one, BK armor + skirt matches perfectly. In my opinion Chaos Fire Whip is not worth the additional Att slot. Same damage as Fire Whip, and only leaves a tiny or sometimes none lava trail. Any Dex weapon works, especially the Chaos Blade. But if he wants to focus on pyromancy his weapon is only a backup, and rapiers are the perfect backup for mages.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:23 pm

Thanks for that

I think that I read somewhere that the Chaos pyros got buffed with 1.06 but anyway the pyros that I put in can be changed to whatever works best
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:53 pm

Sentiel wrote:
    Shindori wrote:
    ^ That is a LOT of magic.
    Even with 50 Att you can't fit all of this in there. We would have to use two rings that gives you an extra attunement slot, effectively killing all your ring slots and it will be a pain to browse through them in middle of combat, but as you wish.

Ok here goes...

SL 200 Pyromancer test

Since it has both ring slots killed, so you can carry all those spells around, this was the only armor option that would give you at least 32 Poise, so you won't get stagered by smaller weapons, looked kinda cool and has one important benefit, that I will adress later.

Stats
    I've balanced Vit and End so you can use all this gear and have some decent HP, while giving you 45 Dex for the fastest Pyro casting speed, for chaining attacks. Since you want to use elemental weapons, putting more that 16 in Str is pointless. I put 16 there, so you can use other weapons, even of the same class as you requested.

Weapons
    The idea is to use Pyromancy as your primary form of attack with BSS to keep distance. It's R2 is very strong, despite the weapons looks.

You got Claw and Nothed Whip as secondary for their bleed, so you can switch between them to maintain constatnt bleed build up on your opponent. You can do the same with Barbed Straight Sword, but that thing is ver short and has terrible moveset, so I kept it out.

Notched Whip is in left hand for cases when you can't use your spells, like when under the effect of VoS for example. You can attack with BSS and use the NW to take care of parry happy opponents.

All weapons are Chaos as they are a bit stronger than Fire, but are dependant on your Humanity.

You can change Claw for NW and NW for Dark Hand so you can have a shield, while not breaking your requirement about Fist Weapons.

Armor
    It's mostly Thorn set, with Artorias Gloves to save some End. The character is designed to be nimble and do constant damage, this armor set will allow you to damage enemies just by rolling and with Thorn chest and legs, you can do so while rolling in any direction.
    It also has beneficial effect of protecting you against backstabs, if you time your roll properly, which will be usefull as many skilled opponents will try to roll bs your spells.

Crown of Dusk is there to boost your Pyro damage, but there's enough weight left, so you can switch it for one of the Pinwheel's Masks.

Rings
    Not much to say, I had to use both slots to get you your desired spells.

Spells
    You got them all right there boss. happy
    I've arranged them into four brackets for chaining.

First is GCF, that you can chain into CFW and/or Chaos Storm. You got all the lava effect spells together, so you can control the battlefield. People are scared of the lava and it does some extra damage to them.

The other set is identical, but will be easier to chain thanks to GC, but doesn't have secondary damage from lava, so it won't protect you from roll bs attempts that much. You still got Thorn set, so no problem.

Fire Surge is there to finish off enemies with little HP left and that's why it's after chain spells.

PW and Undead Rapport are last, to be used before battle and so you can quickly switch to the first chain spells.
    I think we got a winner!! Though if you can.. how about making it so you can possibly fit the dark hand in there, perhaps replacing the claw? Also... if you want, remove the last three pyromancies so you can add more points to something else.. and chaos fire whip can be removed too if youd like. As for the armor, I'm not particularly liking the armor of thorns. Think you can make some adjustments? If so, you're the winner!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Wait in that case I won cause I fit all the pyros you really need!!!!
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:51 pm

No I win because I fit in all of the ones he needs plus power within and have a badass armor set with alternative weapons choices
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:52 pm

I submitted what I thought was cool. big grin
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:14 am

xD You know what, you all win. I'll make awesome art for everyone. XDD
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:25 am

Shot Shindori
    You deserve a +1 for that
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:08 am

Yay! Now draw me this guy.

https://m.mugenmonkey.com/?c=428309652606064568
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:30 am

Here, I know I'm late, but I think i made a pretty good build for what you asked for. http://tinyurl.com/cmorn7g Sorry, but Undead Rapport wouldn't fit, even with giving up a ring slot for the extra pyro.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:58 am

After creating that char I couldnt resist making him
    I made a few changes to him

Could you please draw this variant of him for me
    http://mmdks.com/h2l

Thanks for helping me decide on my next build
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:35 am

Shindori wrote:
    I think we got a winner!! Though if you can.. how about making it so you can possibly fit the dark hand in there, perhaps replacing the claw? Also... if you want, remove the last three pyromancies so you can add more points to something else.. and chaos fire whip can be removed too if youd like. As for the armor, I'm not particularly liking the armor of thorns. Think you can make some adjustments? If so, you're the winner!
    How about this?

Weapons
    As requested, I've replaced Notched Whip with Dark Hand and Claw with Guardian Tail. I choose Guardian Tail, because it's stronger than Notched Whip and without Claw going for bleed will be troublesome with NW alone, so I thought that more damage and poison will do better. It will still be good against parrying opponents, even if it's not as subtle as NW.

Armor
    Armor has been switched to Black Iron and Havel's. Black Iron has one of the best defences in the game, so it goes well with your original request to have armor with great defences. Havel's will give you enough Poise to reach 77, so you won't get stunned by large weapons and with this all, you can still fast roll around.

You can switch Havel's Leggings for Black Iron Leggings and Black Iron Gauntlts for Havel's Gauntlets and achieve identical results (it's just for aesthetics).

Rings
    I added Havel's Ring and Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring for more armor and Pyro damage.

Spells
    I removed PW, UR and CFW and added Black Flame for better chaining.
    You can save one slot by changing Chaos Firestorm for Fire Tempest (it does more damage) and use it for PW, to get extra damage boost.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:41 pm