Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Serious_Much
Emergence
meridam99
FexDS
Whknight
BLA1NE
10 posters

Shields Pages

Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Shields Pages - Page 5 Empty Re: Shields Pages

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:01 pm

Geez anytime I slip away you all are making great advances. The seperation of shields and their explanations looks really good. The shield test page looks perfecy, and there won't be the dashes in the middle once divine/magic gets inputed so it should look much better.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:07 pm

I cleaned up the tables of the small shields and removed critical and most of the aux. Also included the 'Key' page (Weapon Description) to each page.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Fire has been finished and I'm going up from the Greatshields doing the same thing.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:31 pm

For special shields that can't be upgraded or use twinkling/demon, it's possible to just remove auxiliary all together since they'll never have it. I went ahead and took it off on the Crystal Shield after realizing this. I had it edited the new way so it can be revised if not.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:53 am

That looks fine to me. I went ahead and did some of the small and medium shields. Also resized some of the icons to their default size.

Btw, I'm reformatting the catalyst and talisman pages as well, to keep them more in line with the shield and weapon pages. The tables on those pages are almost impossible to handle as they are now, the upgrade paths are also unnecessary. They could also need some more info on mag adjust values, but it looks like BLA1NE have a good grasp on those winking
    Should we just use the same table/layout as the twinkling shields, but with the addition of a coloumn for Mag Adjust? - http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Sorcerer%27s+Catalyst
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:02 am

They can't be upgraded so you only need one line like the Crystal Shield. As for magic adjust I thought the number displayed changed with your INT/FTH? If it does then providing a link to the respected university page at the top of the respected list should cover that, if not then yes to a magic adjust column.

I'm a bit useless right now, major headache and I'm about to go to bed, I should have a small window to play and get started on magic tomorrow though and I'll poke page formating tomorrow night.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:02 pm

Ya, that catalyst page needs a lot of work!

Like knight said, you can't upgrade them to begin with.

And Mag Adj would be tricky to put in the table since, other than the Oolacile Catalyst, none of them cap out until you reach 99 Int. I also recommend we take out the Mag Adj column from the catalyst tables, but add a nice big link above the table.

(And while we're at it, we should remove the Mag Adj column from the catalysts table on the main weapons page. Those numbers are from completely random Int levels, so the information is very misleading and confusing.)

Edit: wait, we should be talking about catalysts in the weapons thread!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:10 pm

Would combining both threads into a single upgrade based thread be easier or harder?

I'm about to make my run through Dukes so I should hopefully have magic done soon.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Nah you know what, the weapons thread was actually for the +4, +9, +14 thing. So any other upgrade discussion that isn't related to that can go here too. I just want to make sure anyone who wants to help can keep up with the discussion.

I changed the Sorcerer's Catalyst page, let me know what you all think:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Sorcerer%27s+Catalyst

(You can't even block with a catalyst, can you? I don't think the table needs to get any smaller that it is, just saying! silly)
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:24 pm

No you can't, it's either a little hit or a cast. Hey uh, the ember images have disappeared. http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades#Embers I'm not entirely sure what happened.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:31 pm

I see them!

The Boss Souls images are gone though.

Edit: no wait, now they're gone. sad

It's because some of the images in the wiki are actually from outside sources. I guess access to them has been cut off.

Edit 2: wtf imageshack? Says they violated terms of use or user requested them taken down?
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:14 pm

Lol, I thought this page was already included, they are a bit different as well: http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/embers
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:42 pm

I used the images from the embers page and put them on the upgrades page.

(I didn't check the info though.)
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:14 pm

All the catalysts pages are done.

Look them over and let me know if there are any mistakes.

The Tin Crystallization Catalyst needs the in-game description added. And the Tin Darkmoon Catalyst links the Catalyst Mag Adj page even though I did not provide Maj Adj numbers for it on that page. I just don't have time to find the page that does have that info right now, gtg! But if you know the page, please change the link.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:37 pm

Dukes is cleared, only the Bed of Chaos remains and then the Kiln will be open. I've hit a slight snag though I don't think I have enough souls to buy enough green shards and the wiki was incorrect about the Crestfallen selling them for 4000, it's 5000... so we'll see how this turns out.

Decided I'm going to farm them in Blighttown, I'm going to have to farm something may as well be the shards.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:46 pm

Aha! So the Crestfallen is more expensive than the Giant, as I said! silly
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:26 pm

Problem solved, picked up about 50 shards and going to convert a few red and a couple of blue to get the rest. I don't think I'll be able to finish tonight but it's getting there big grin

*update* 13 shields left, I need 114 more shards.... Then I can go to +10s
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:59 am

Pleased to announce all magic upgrades have been done~ wooo now for a break and to build back up my stockpile for divine/crystal.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:21 am

Awesome, I was really looking forward to seeing the results on Magic, since that's where the majority of shields are deficient. Going to check them out right now!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:30 am

Yeah, a few shields perked up my interest. I'm just glad I finished it tonight. Can you believe it? Four whole upgrade paths in a week :p
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:32 am

Wow, I haven't used shields in a long time... but I'm starting to consider picking this one up to parry CMW/ DMB buffers with!

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Warrior%27s+Round+Shield

Look at that magic damage reduction! I don't know about 40 stability... but the idea is to parry the second swing anyway, so I'd just need enough stamina to block one, parry, and riposte. As long a my guard doesn't get crushed with such low stability, that looks like a pretty awesome option. I'll have to try it out for sure.

Looks pretty good for SLB too. But at that equip weight, I could even make both, have both equipped and just switch between them depending on my opponent!
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:26 am

Yeah I had to double check that one to make sure, fire Effigy looks pretty nice too, 3 stats that you have above 80% block again on a small shield. Would be great for keeping a low weight.

The greatshields too kinda surprised me when they took magic reduction, it may only be 7-10% I forget now but that's still 7-10% less xD
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 am

Hi all, I tried to update some of the shields for the divine section. Not very far yet, just done up to Divine +5 for the shields that I have. I noticed a couple of things (and have one question) that I thought I would post here.

First, the question: For the attack values, there are + values beside the number. Are we adding those to the single value for the respective spot in the wiki, or are we excluding these plus values?

Now on to the things I noted:

1) Divine seems kind of useless attack wise, usually much less physical and barely any extra magic attack compared to the magic line.

2) No additions to the stability or damage reductions as of yet.

3) Interestingly, my game always says that divine shields use intelligence rather than faith, confirmation would be awesome.

If anyone gets the time, could they check my values?

Thanks happy
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:22 am

Excluding, to my understanding that's the additional scaling you are getting or something of that order. Any shield aside pierce, spiked, and bonewheel is pretty useless for attacking. Only normal/crystal get stability increases, all elemental paths remain at base.

As for the intellegence I hear it's a glitch but I don't know if it's actually scaling, can you get enough souls for a level just equip the shield and hopefully a single point will do it but see which stat raises the damage of the shield. Which ever that stat is is the one that should be given priority, so if it actually is faith despite it saying intellegence we should mark it as faith and leave a notation on the main page about it.

Also thank you very much for helping~ I shall give you a plus in 2 days as I owe Ublug tomorrows votes :p
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:24 am

Ya, don't worry about the +XX numbers. That's what you're getting from stat scaling. Since that depends on your stat and those go up to 99, we don't provide all the scaling information! Just the base number and the scaling letter will have to do.

Also, we just provide the numbers, and let people draw their own conclusions as to whether the piece of equipment is worthwhile to them. So someone who wants to take advantage of Divine's properties (more damage vs undead, prevents Necromancers from raising skeletons once you've killed them) would be willing to take the deduction in damage for those benefits. Everything is pros and cons, we just give people the information in order for them to make an educated decision.

I don't know about the divine and int thing though, never noticed that!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:54 am