Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Seignar
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Rynn
7 posters

Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge.

vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge. - Page 2 Empty Re: Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge.

Post by vageta31 Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Rynn wrote:How have you two-shot Qualagg, if I may ask?

I'm holding off explaining exactly how I'm doing things as I'm waiting to see if others do it differently and I'm quite sure there is more than one way to do it.

For my own update, as of last night I was at 17 points still at level 1 using only melee. I know I can get 1 more point but after that I either have to resort to using Pyro and staying level 1 or just leveling up and getting a better weapon. I'm also working on the video as well so the first part will be whatever I can accomplish before leveling up.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge. - Page 2 Empty Re: Logging my progress in the one-shot challenge.

Post by Rynn Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:22 pm

No problem.
    I was checking out the hydra on another character. It has 5000 HP, so if I can aim dark bead correctly, it's possible to one shot it.
    However, I've also concluded, it's not worth the effort. I will be slaying the Hydra and sacrificing it's level point for the 20% damage boost from the dusk crown.

So 20% crown, 20% ring, 40% PW, 35% Dragon Body, and most importantly 50% RTSR
    408% damage per hit. I should easily two shot Qualagg. Qualagg is the giant hump in my build. Once I get past her, I get soul spear. Using Soul Spear I should be capable of doing the rest.

Oolacile Catalyst will last me a while, but I definitely need to get my hands on Logans Catalyst and later the TCC if I'm to succeed. So after Anor Londo, I need to attempt to two shot Seath. Once I get Seath out of the way and get the TCC, It is literally smooth sailing through the rest of the game.

Do the Moonlight Butterfly's in Seath's respawn, or are they mini-bosses? I'm plotting my levels.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:57 pm

THAT WAS *** AWESOME!
    Plunging attack on Taurus with a +5 fire club. 2700 damage with power within and RTSR.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Rynn wrote:THAT WAS *** AWESOME!
    Plunging attack on Taurus with a +5 fire club. 2700 damage with power within and RTSR.

Was that with the F+R2 into the plunging? I don't remember how much damage I did, but it was ridiculous.

Also remember that you can't use the dragon body while wearing the dusk crown so it has to be either or. As far as the butterflies goes, I honestly haven't considered it but I'm thinking no. Reason being there are Capras and Taurus Demons in the ruins which would be very easy to one shot by that time, so it would end up giving too many extra points for no difficulty. Once anyone reached a certain breaking point then everything would become to easy, so limiting the amount of level ups is needed.

Also it seems you completely understand the point of the challenge in that you realize that losing out on a point with the Hydra is a sacrifice in order to gain the equipment beyond it. I'm in a similar situation in that the Gold crystal golem is an easy point early on, but I'd also have to sacrifice the Hydra to do so. It might be possible to come back and one shot the Hydra later, but that golem point may be required to kill Quelaag in 2 or less.

I did the math and I believe it is possible to get 26, possibly 27 points before Quelaag if everything is done with a single shot, which I believe is definitely possible. It all depends on if you can kill the Hydra and Gaping dragon in one.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:50 pm

Gaping Dragon...
    I'm going BACK for him after Qualagg, as he's resistant to spells.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:55 pm

340% damage is still well enough. I bet I can get to dark bead with that.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:12 am

So I went on a rampage.

Killed(1)
    Taurus demon (3)
    Burg Knight (4)
    The big black guy in the parish (5)
    The 2 knights in the asylum (7)
    The Iron Boar in the Parish ( 8 )
    The black knight in Darkroot Garden (9)
    I'll work on havel tomorrow. I can easily get him with a parry, but I suck at parries. Already tried a backstab, it's not good enough.

I'm going to kill the Hydra tomorrow, but I'm going to find a way to get that damn golem's level, because I'm certain I can one shot him. I need the oolacile catalyst.
    vageta31
    vageta31
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by vageta31 Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:57 am

You're on the basic route that I took. I've also taken out Gargoyles, Capra, both Butchers, Parish BK and the Parasitic wall hugger in blighttown. I basically suicided to get power within early on and then came back for him later. I could also probably take out the BK in the catacombs, but I'll wait until I level up and get a better weapon so I can also do Pinwheel on the same trip.

Pinwheel btw seems impossible at SL 1 with melee. On my test run I got him down to within a few points using RT, PW and dragon roar with the highest damage weapon available. I suppose I could do it with firestorm at sl 1, but since I'm leveling anyways I might as well just do it the easy way.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:36 am