Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
GkMrBane
RedderAI
raecor14
XachAttack
DoughGuy
Sentiel
10 posters

Which miracle would you choose in this situation?

Poll

Which miracle would you choose in this situation?

[ 4 ]
    Which miracle would you choose in this situation? I_vote_lcap31%Which miracle would you choose in this situation? I_vote_rcap [31%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Which miracle would you choose in this situation? I_vote_lcap46%Which miracle would you choose in this situation? I_vote_rcap [46%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Which miracle would you choose in this situation? I_vote_lcap15%Which miracle would you choose in this situation? I_vote_rcap [15%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Which miracle would you choose in this situation? I_vote_lcap8%Which miracle would you choose in this situation? I_vote_rcap [8%] 

Total Votes: 13
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Which miracle would you choose in this situation? Empty Which miracle would you choose in this situation?

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:26 am

I am currently in the process of making a Dex/Faith build, with 45/50 respectively and I have run up against a wall, or a Covenant problem to be precise. Look Skyward

There are several Miracles that I am considering to use, but their usage requires to be in their respective Covenant, so I would like to ask for your opinions about them and for further information regarding some of the Miracles.

Darkmoon Blade
    Darkmoon Blade is, arguably, the strongest weapon buff in the game, it requires me to be a Darkmoon. I don't know the % differences between damage it offers, but mugenbuilder helps with this by using actual numbers and it is well worth going for Darkmoon+3 for it.

However, Darkmoon Blade is a magic buff, meaning it can be countered with Great Magic Barrier and users of Crest Shield will reduce my chip damage to next to nothing.

Sunlight Blade
    Sunlight Blade, while being also very strong, isn't as strong as Darkmoon Blade, but offers lightning Damage instead of magic, which will allow me to do more types of damage and will also do better chip damage. It's best benefit is that it doesn't require a Covenant to be used.

Sunlight Spear
    This is a very strong Miracle that not only does huge damage, but it also has strong knockdown/kockback effect. I'm not worried about it using two Attunement slots, nor it having only five casts. I'm worried about it's damage, if it is enough for the price it asks for and also, if my rank in Warrior of Sunlight Covenant affects it's damage. I know that Covenant rank doesn't affect Lightning Spear and Great Lightning Spear. They do the same damage on 0 and +1. I've tested that yesterday, to be sure. But is this tha case of Sunlight Spear as well and is it's damage comarable to Souls Spear Sorceries (without Tin Crystalization Catalyst for starters)?

Gravelord Greatsword Dance
    I will be using a Pyromancy Flame with this build and I would like some AoE attack. So I was thinking about Fire Tempest, or Gravelord Greatsword Dance. This miracle is great in that it can be fully casted two times and it throws people in the air (which is just pure coolness). However it's damage seem rather low to me, but I've read that you actually get a 10% damage reduction if you're not in Gravelord Servant Covenant and you get 10% damage bonus per rank in the Covenant, so on +3 it gets +40% damage in comparison to not being in the Covenant at all.
    How is the damage of the miracle on Covenant rank +3 and how is it in comparison with Fire Tempest?
    Since it has no Faith requirements, would this be a viable AoE for an Dex/Int build, with 45/50 respectively?

Getting 80 Sunlight Medals and Souvenirs of Reprisals is an easy task for me and it's only a matter of some time, however getting 80 Eyes of Death seems impossible. From all the times that I tried Gravelord Servant Covenant, I got little to no Spirit of Vengeance invasions and in many cases, I haven't received an Eye of Death upon the players defeat. Since I was invaded several times by the same players, it is hard to believe they would be Darkmoons. I guess, that in this case I would have to ask for a trade and some serious guidelines on how to Gravelord. I've read a lenghty post about it and know all I need to know, but it still doesn't work for me...

PS:
    Is there a way to tell apart Darkmoon and Gravelord invaders?

Thank you in advnace for your opinions. Proper Bow
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Which miracle would you choose in this situation? Empty Re: Which miracle would you choose in this situation?

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:29 am

On NG kill Dolin and grab SLB. On NG+ join the DMs and grab DMB. GO into combat and cast DMB. If they cast GMB then cast SLB over the top of DMB.
    ????
    Profit!
    So yeah you can have both the fth buffs if you're willing to go into NG+

(Wow that's a lot of acronyms)

You can farm EoDs from the basilisks in the depths. As far as I know SoVs are SoV whether they are DMs or players invading your DM sign. A GL player can probably give you a better answer.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Which miracle would you choose in this situation? Empty Re: Which miracle would you choose in this situation?

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:32 am

Well..you could always use a combination of your choices.

Like Sunlight Blade and Gravesword Dance, ect.

Also, with the Eyes of Death. Basilisks, or more commonly known as "Those frogs in the Depths" drop Eyes of Death pretty often, so you could use them as an alternative.

EDIT: Dammit Dough, freakin ninja'd me lol.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:39 am

i say SLB because while stronger, its not worth the crappy invasions of a darkmoon
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:43 am

XachAttack wrote:EDIT: Dammit Dough, freakin ninja'd me lol.
    I'm everywhere twisted
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:59 am

I am aware about the SLB and DMB and that I can have both. This was more about the Covenant behind the respective Miracle. Unless I will pick DMB, I will use SLB, in which case, there is still the question about Sunlight Spear and Gravelord Greatsword Dance.

Out of the four Miracles, three are bound, or strongly affected by my Covenant, so I need to pick one Covenant and stick with it, my question is which...

Thanks for the farming tip though, I totally forgot about it. Look Skyward
    Spoiler:
    PS:
    DAMN! Why does only Faith have this :dung: ?!
    Nor Int, nor Pyro has no such Covenant issues.
    I don't have to be a Chaos Servat to use Chaos Pyromancies and there's not even a Sorcery that is Covenant related at all.
    What the hell From?
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:11 am

By the way, thanks for making this topic lol. I totally forgot that Greatsword Dance existed XD, I've found a spell for that Int build I've been working on.
    RedderAI
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by RedderAI Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:18 am

It's because of TWoP, WoG, miracle spamming. Etcetera
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:23 am

XachAttack wrote:By the way, thanks for making this topic lol. I totally forgot that Greatsword Dance existed XD, I've found a spell for that Int build I've been working on.
    I'm actually wondering if I can use this miracle on my Int build with Velka's Talisman effectively.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:18 am

Shameless self bump.

Guys I really need help with this.
    I would like some info about the damage of the Sunlight Spear and Gravelord Greatsword Dance with their respective Covenant level and a suggestion about which of these miracles + covenants to pick.
    GkMrBane
    GkMrBane
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by GkMrBane Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:55 am

Pyro and magic both benifit from high dex for casting speeds. Just thought Id mention that.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:16 pm

GkMrBane wrote:Pyro and magic both benifit from high dex for casting speeds. Just thought Id mention that.
    I know, that's why all of my toons sport a nefty 45 Dex. ^^
    Dante_000
    Dante_000
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dante_000 Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Pretty much chose Sunlight Spear, Why go to 50 Faith if you are not planning to use either Sunlight spear or the princess miracles... That my reasoning anyway.

Anyway Sunlight Spear does around 1k damage to most enemies as well as knocking them flat on their ***, it looks so funny when you first use it.

Oh and being a higher level in the covenant does not increase its damage, Does the same damage at Rank 0 than at Rank 4
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Dante_000 wrote:Pretty much chose Sunlight Spear, Why go to 50 Faith if you are not planning to use either Sunlight spear or the princess miracles... That my reasoning anyway.

Anyway Sunlight Spear does around 1k damage to most enemies as well as knocking them flat on their ***, it looks so funny when you first use it.

Oh and being a higher level in the covenant does not increase its damage, Does the same damage at Rank 0 than at Rank 4
    I got 50 Faith for max damage. My reasoning behind this is, that if I bother myself to actually cast something, it better do it's job to the fullest.

Can I get more casts of Sunlight Spear? Like, if I trade Gwyns Soul's, can I get one Sunlight Spear per soul, even if one per NG, or is it like Great Chaos Fireball, one and that's all no matter what?
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:31 pm

I belive they do not stack per NG.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:31 pm

For PvP, Sunlight Blade. For PvE, Sunlight Spear. Because both are so friggin' awesome. Whenever I use Sunlight Spear, I feel like a GOD!
    AzureCrow
    AzureCrow
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by AzureCrow Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:46 pm

If your aiming for mainly pvp and maximum damage go dark moon on NG+ for the DMB SLB combo. At 50 faith a +3 DMB should give you about 475 damage compared to 406 from a SLB and the biggest advantage is that you can use it to constantly damage you opponent via the weapon of your choosing.

You can only receive one sunlight spear per character because it's a covenant event spell like DMD and GLGSD and it takes a lot to connect on a player.

The GL dance can be extremely powerful a +3 but its cast time prevents it from being used as a primary attack and it also doesn't allow as much potential damage.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:52 am

AzureCrow wrote:If your aiming for mainly pvp and maximum damage go dark moon on NG+ for the DMB SLB combo. At 50 faith a +3 DMB should give you about 475 damage compared to 406 from a SLB and the biggest advantage is that you can use it to constantly damage you opponent via the weapon of your choosing.

You can only receive one sunlight spear per character because it's a covenant event spell like DMD and GLGSD and it takes a lot to connect on a player.

The GL dance can be extremely powerful a +3 but its cast time prevents it from being used as a primary attack and it also doesn't allow as much potential damage.
    This is exactly what I've been looking for.

I was trying GLSD and GLS in Depths yesterday and they are hard to hit, but if they do hit, they do an awesome job. GLS has an awesome AoE effect if it hits water. big grin
    GLSD send my opponent flying after a backstab, shich was very cool.

Well, I will go with SLB and Sunlight Spear for now.

Thank you for your help guys! Proper Bow

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 12:27 am