Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+40
sure-magicians
Seth Winternight
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
inchymo188
AshLumi
shadowzninjaz
LordRevan
ViralEnsign_
Taueth
RePaused
GrizzlyJunkz
dantheman123
ThatPerson
Murkulanvippi
raecor14
FattyOfDoom
Ghadis_God
NinjaVanish
BeeSeaEss
billy_bayonet
Hydreigon11
KusaiCharlz
Hisoka
The Letter X
Jansports
Hokucho
Artorias The Abyss Walker
WaLKA
bunnywink
hageshisa
Demon Slayer
FinPeku
slowturtles
ChaosMoogle
Forum Pirate
robsthedon
DoughGuy
twilightwarwolf
Spurgun
Ahhotep1
44 posters

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising! - Page 14 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Post by Ahhotep1 Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:26 pm

HAHAHA!!! I remember that "Nortic Team" talk, Blue. Ya gotta wear Vamous' Horned helm!!
    GrizzlyJunkz
    GrizzlyJunkz
    Addicted
    Addicted

THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising! - Page 14 Empty Re: THE EXILED of ARIAMIS! Epoch Two: The Rising!

Post by GrizzlyJunkz Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Ahhotep1 wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:
    Ahhotep1 wrote:
    raecor14 wrote:im all for allowing roll BSing, because yes its a bit cheap, but compared to most of the others its harmless. id be more concerned about dead angles really.

I am in total agreement on "dead angling"...especially since it is a game glitch and unrealistic.

apart from the WOG variation dead angling is entirely accurate. think about it, the hilds only cover your frount, in you sliced to the side you would do atleast SOME damage. i was comparing it to dead angling to get my point across.... as it turns out i suck at english.

Now I understand your intent.
    However, any tactic where you are standing "in front" of your opponent yet can (because of a glitch) still hit that opponent "in the back"....is messed up. I am not underestimating the skill it takes to pull off a dead angle attack. I, myself have spent several hours with my mentor learning to dead angle when it was first "discovered". I simply chose not to use it because it doesn't feel right to hit someone in the back when I'm standing in front of them!

It is not on the "NO Can Do" list in the OP because...it was discovered much later and I never bothered to add it LOL

Besides, it is way to hard to learn and pull off in actual battle and way too easy to avoid. :D

What I don't tolerate well about dead angling is that you don't get the opportunity to parry those attacks, at least 90% of the time. So when an opponent only fights untargeted, it's like they're not allowing you the option to parry by exploiting a mechanic flaw. Oh boy, might get heat from people for saying that, but that's my opinion. I agree with what you said about why you don't do dead angling.
    As long as someone doesn't use dead angles for an entire fight then I don't really mind it all that much.
    (Anyone's allowed to reply here, right ?)
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:16 pm

Well we can't stop you now can we?

Anyways, thats the point. When using weapons that can be sight parried (mura, dgm, large club, ect.) if you don't deadangle you just get parried and die. They have to refuse to allow it or it and roll bsing all that happen to them. Shorter, faster weapons have a much tougher time deadangling and many weapons just cant do it at all.

Considering that, if you get hit by one you deserve it, hence it not being forbidden.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:19 pm

People are really chain bs happy lately, I keep getting roll bs'd and defeating the attempt with a pivot parry. I fought maybe 20 matches (excluding ganks) and 8 of them ended like that.
    GrizzlyJunkz
    GrizzlyJunkz
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by GrizzlyJunkz Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:43 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Well we can't stop you now can we?

Anyways, thats the point. When using weapons that can be sight parried (mura, dgm, large club, ect.) if you don't deadangle you just get parried and die. They have to refuse to allow it or it and roll bsing all that happen to them. Shorter, faster weapons have a much tougher time deadangling and many weapons just cant do it at all.

Considering that, if you get hit by one you deserve it, hence it not being forbidden.

I can avoid getting hit by them fine.. I was talking about dead angles ignoring the parry mechanic.
    You shouldn't have to dead angle to avoid getting parried. You (the general player) should learn how to be unpredictable with your attacks instead of just taking away someone's chance of parrying almost entirely. Only one of those ways requires skill.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:34 pm

Again, the weapon classes I mentioned can be SIGHT parried. Like the attacks in pve can. They can see your attack start and land a parry without any need for a more advanced parrying technique.

This makes parrying them hilariously easy, so they have to deadangle or they'll never land a hit against a half decent opponent, and even then skilled players know that weapons deadangle best in patterns, and roll bs one anyways.

Its not "spam deadangles into a shield" the vast majority of the time, thats how one gets bsd or eats a db and dies, its either countering a turtle, or predicting an attempt to bs or parry and deadangling to stop it.
    dantheman123
    dantheman123
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dantheman123 Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Since I'm new to the forum I don't know a lot of the abbreviations and some off the terms you use so forgive me when I ask what a dead angle is??
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:16 pm

dantheman123 wrote:Since I'm new to the forum I don't know a lot of the abbreviations and some off the terms you use so forgive me when I ask what a dead angle is??

A dead angle is where during a horizontal sweeping attack, you unlock and turn 180 degrees causing your weapon to hit behind a sheild for regular damage.
    dantheman123
    dantheman123
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dantheman123 Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:29 pm

Well that's kinda cheap but do anyone know when psn is gunna be back up??
    And does anyone know where I can find a list of the events on dark souls?
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:16 pm

i hate to agree but i think dead angles should be on the same lvl as bs, you cant do it consistantly but once MAYBE twice seems ok to me. besides i find it easy to roll out of the way lik any other attack so ,including myself as i get hit as often as i dodge, i believe it should be allowed as it is easy to dodge and dont constantly use it thenits cool. as for bs rolling i cant even do that so anyone who has the skill to do that should be able to use it ONCE at a time not chain roll bs but since i cant maybe i dont have a say on this or dead angles since i am unable to do so but yeah so those are my thoughts. cuz really it seems like another tool to use like parrying and you dont ban that right?
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:21 pm

If someone is fishing for dead angles, that means he is turning his back to you a lot, right? I can think of one really obvious way to punish that winking I don't quite understand the problem with dead angling. Glitch or not. If you only rely on your shield as your defense, the mistake has already been made when making the build.

Edit. Unless someone quotes me, this will most likely be my last post on this subject so that everyone else gets a chance to say their opinion.
    dantheman123
    dantheman123
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dantheman123 Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:08 pm

So does anyone know when psn will be back online or what their doing
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:48 pm

It works for me.........google it?
    dantheman123
    dantheman123
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dantheman123 Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:46 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:
    dantheman123 wrote:
    Forum Pirate wrote:Building is my biggest strength. I'll be happy to help, if you like. I need to know what weapon type/roll speed/poise you want, and any other specific desires (ie if you don't like wog or dark magic or want a demon spear as backup or something like that)

could i get a mid roll character with faith, dragon slayer spear, and that crystal moonlight sword??
    Not if you want health, Thats all 4 damage stats at once.

http://mmdks.com/sfl this is a better option. The claymore is very similar to the moonlight great sword, and it can be buffed.
    I just wanted to thank you forum for building me a character now I don't have all those wasted skills and I've already got all the equipment for it and most of the stats I just changed the head to the dark moon head and the legs to the chanallers leggings but it was really cool of you to help me and we should duel some time!
    dantheman123
    dantheman123
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by dantheman123 Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:03 pm

So is it better to stop leveling at 99 or 100 because it says on The first page that the tournaments are 99 but the events are about 100
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:13 am

from what i remember the events and such are pretty much whatever level you have as long as its a cov level but maybe thats gonna idk just how its been. speaking on such ive heard there is an event soon of some sort can someone explain as ive not been filled in.
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:19 am

Dan! I had same problem yesterday! I hope it works better now thou :/
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:36 am

dantheman123 wrote:So is it better to stop leveling at 99 or 100 because it says on The first page that the tournaments are 99 but the events are about 100

If you feel your build is finished at 99 leave it at 99, if you need that extra stat somewhere use it, 99 is more of a cov thing, I use a 99 to duel 100 doesn't really matter, only if there is a 99 tourney, but most are gonna be 100 right?.
    Murkulanvippi
    Murkulanvippi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Murkulanvippi Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Nvm.

Last edited by Murkulanvippi on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Nevermind actually)
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:20 pm

dantheman123 wrote:So is it better to stop leveling at 99 or 100 because it says on The first page that the tournaments are 99 but the events are about 100

Murk, sl 99 is /was considered a "traditional" tourney build and a hold-over from from the Lifehunt cove. That one sl, is negligible...which is why I usually write as 99/100. Sl 100 is fine if that's what you want. But i would highly suggest that you do a 60 or 80. Exiled is not a sl 100 only cove. And not a FC!

You can only invade up...so get a 60 or 80 worked up too!! You and everyone else will need it....soon!! big grin
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:22 pm

Murk...I PM'd you happy

lol!

Last edited by Ahhotep1 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    hageshisa
    hageshisa
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by hageshisa Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:20 pm

I still cant connect to psn! Just says maintenance! What is this? sad Ive tried to reboot ps3 and router multiple times since yesterday, still no success. Anyone hlep
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:30 pm

hageshisa wrote:I still cant connect to psn! Just says maintenance! What is this? sad Ive tried to reboot ps3 and router multiple times since yesterday, still no success. Anyone hlep

This happened to me a couple days ago, I rebooted my router(because my internet wasnt working either).Even if your internet is fine, then I guess You could try that? Shrug
    Ahhotep1
    Ahhotep1
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Ahhotep1 Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:18 pm

For those who are still unable to log into Playstation Network here is a helpful link:

lihttp://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/18/psn-maintenance-extended-through-to-this-morning/nk:

I can't log in yet sad
    BeeSeaEss
    BeeSeaEss
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by BeeSeaEss Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:40 pm

PSN is working just fine for me, I just invaded someone...hmmmmm, I wonder what's going on :|

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 10:11 am