Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
Back Lot Basher
Forum Pirate
VaanVoid
XachAttack
PlasticandRage
aceluby
LunarFog
FinPeku
Sentiel
Automancer
14 posters

Freaking BS Fishers!!!!!

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Freaking BS Fishers!!!!! Empty Freaking BS Fishers!!!!!

Post by Automancer Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 am

In my duels at the Burg a couple of minutes ago, 3 out of 20 people played properly. I died to all the other fishers except for one because he was an idiot. One guy from Europe lagged so bad he made the X-Files look like a 5 year old kid. I heard you can counter-BS these jerk-offs but i just can't seem to do it. Apprently i have to circle them in the opposite direction but when i try, i just get BSed! How the freak?!

Sorry, i'm just pissed. Happy day at work, though i could have an even better day doing some PvP. But, NOOOOO.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Freaking BS Fishers!!!!! Empty Re: Freaking BS Fishers!!!!!

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:01 am

Welcome to Dark Souls PvP Well What is it

You will have no problem fending these fishmen off in no time soon, just have patience and practice, like we all do, since you're already heading in the right direction. winking
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:05 am

I just can't seem to counter them though. Even more so when they do it with Sunlight/Darkmoon Blade + Hornet Ring. I mean, seriously? Do you really need to be that much of a tryhard? Why so desperate?

Normally, you'd expect proper matches when you summon invaders through the RSS but instead, i get punk'd. :x
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:07 am

If 17 people out of 20 use any tactic in the game, you should probably figure out a way how to use it to your advantage, right? If you can't counter it, why shouldn't they backstab you? They are there to win fights.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:11 am

Automancer wrote:I just can't seem to counter them though. Even more so when they do it with Sunlight/Darkmoon Blade + Hornet Ring. I mean, seriously? Do you really need to be that much of a tryhard? Why so desperate?
    Some people are like that. Don't ponder about their reasoning, you will most likely not comprehend it, nor will I, because I agree with you.

Ignore their buff, it does more damage, so what? It will only make you nervous and you're more likely to do a mistake.

Most backstab fishers are terrible and wouldn't catch even a small fish with their fishing skills. It is best to simply go back from them, then suddenly forward and lean in their direction. That way you end up behind them, instead of them behind you and you can backstab them.

It's called a counter backstab and I find to be the best way to deal with backstab fishers.

Here's a two part tutorial about backstabs.

PS: When somebody decides to backstab, you either get backstabed, or you're the doing the backstabing.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:19 am

I'm in the process of watching the tutorial but i suppose that if they're trying to BS me, if i simply walk back, i'll end up behind them and can BS them instead?
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:25 am

If you simply walk back nothing happens. Or, they will unlock and go for pivot backstab.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 am

Try a weapon with horizontal swings. Like 1-handing a greatsword, or an ultra greatsword. When your swinging a 7-foot weapon in a complete circle, it's hard to get behind you without getting hit.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:32 am

Ok, that was confusing, just finished watching it. So much info just flooded my mind.

I thought EWGF said by strafing/moving back slightly while they're doing a lock BS, i'll end up behind them and BS them in return? What do you mean by nothing happens. At least i have some knowledge to help protect myself. Thanks for the share!
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:36 am

I just cast a dark bead or wotg and call it a day. Counter backstabs are also a great tool, but I always end up doing the both people BS at the same time w/ no damage.

Looks like I need to take my pure caster to the Burg and teach those BS fishers a lesson...
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:38 am

Automancer wrote:

I
    thought EWGF said by strafing/moving back slightly while they're doing a
    lock BS, i'll end up behind them and BS them in return? What do you
    mean by nothing happens. At least i have some knowledge to help protect
    myself. Thanks for the share!

^ I've been using this same tactic a lot lately, and I ran into somebody in the arena the other night who I think was either exploiting lag, or has figured out a way around it. He kept starting by trying to spam DB, so I started crowding him so that if he tried I'd be in range to punish him every time he tried to cast, so he'd start BS fishing instead, and every time he tried to wheel around me, I'd arc around wider behind him and he'd appear inside of my toon BSing, then move away during my BS animation, the way you do when you don't quite catch the BS, but the animation happens anyway for no damage, only he was continuing to damage me with it. Not sure what I could have done about that.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:40 am

Automancer wrote:Ok, that was confusing, just finished watching it. So much info just flooded my mind.

I thought EWGF said by strafing/moving back slightly while they're doing a lock BS, i'll end up behind them and BS them in return? What do you mean by nothing happens. At least i have some knowledge to help protect myself. Thanks for the share!
    Going back = nothing, it would work if people didn't lag, but they do, so it won't work in most cases.
    Strafing = they backstab you and it will look very strange on your screen.
    Going back + strafing in their direction = you backstab them, counterbackstab
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:45 am

Sentiel wrote: Moving back + strafing in their direction = you backstab them, counterbackstab

Either this has never worked for me, or I'm doing it wrong. How exactly is this supposed to look? I've gotten to where no damage is dealt on both sides, but never an actual counter.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:49 am

XachAttack wrote:
    Sentiel wrote: Moving back + strafing in their direction = you backstab them, counterbackstab

Either this has never worked for me, or I'm doing it wrong. How exactly is this supposed to look? I've gotten to where no damage is dealt on both sides, but never an actual counter.
    It's for pivot backstabs, when they run at you, unlock and do a 180* R1 to bs you, if you keep backpedaling and then strafe to the side they're coming from, you will counter bs them.

Against normal circling, just cricle them in the same direction they come at you and backstab them.

Ok, maybe I'm explaining this wrong. I really suck at explaining things...
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:51 am

No, that was fine. I was just using the wrong method apparenly lol. I guess I'll just have to look into it.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:51 am

aceluby wrote:I just cast a dark bead or wotg and call it a day. Counter backstabs are also a great tool, but I always end up doing the both people BS at the same time w/ no damage.

Looks like I need to take my pure caster to the Burg and teach those BS fishers a lesson...

I was using a Pyro build but i mostly melee so yeah, got punished hard. If it were my faith build, i would conuter those BS attempts with unlocked Force. Oh well, time for some hard learning!

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Automancer wrote:

I
    thought EWGF said by strafing/moving back slightly while they're doing a
    lock BS, i'll end up behind them and BS them in return? What do you
    mean by nothing happens. At least i have some knowledge to help protect
    myself. Thanks for the share!

^ I've been using this same tactic a lot lately, and I ran into somebody in the arena the other night who I think was either exploiting lag, or has figured out a way around it. He kept starting by trying to spam DB, so I started crowding him so that if he tried I'd be in range to punish him every time he tried to cast, so he'd start BS fishing instead, and every time he tried to wheel around me, I'd arc around wider behind him and he'd appear inside of my toon BSing, then move away during my BS animation, the way you do when you don't quite catch the BS, but the animation happens anyway for no damage, only he was continuing to damage me with it. Not sure what I could have done about that.

That never works out for me. I almost always get one-shotted in the face by a Dark Bead. Even in the arena, it's quite bad. My pure melee toon that's there get roughed up a lot. Dark Beads, man. Dark Beads everywhere~

Sentiel wrote:
    Automancer wrote:Ok, that was confusing, just finished watching it. So much info just flooded my mind.

Going back = nothing, it would work if people didn't lag, but they do, so it won't work in most cases.
    Strafing = they backstab you and it will look very strange on your screen.
    Going back + strafing in their direction = you backstab them, counterbackstab

Hmm, gonna have to test it out!
    VaanVoid
    VaanVoid

Location : Firelink Shirne, trying to assure the firekeeper that talking isn't a bad thing!

Post by VaanVoid Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:07 pm

The ol' backstab counter works wonders but there is another way, try kicking them as they try to get behind you, it's not foolproof, but it's pretty funny when you keep kicking a backstab fisher away from you, it's like without their backstabs, they can't do anything else. Agian this isn't as effective as the backstab counter, but it does work and it's a good way to get in the ego of a backstab fisher! silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:14 pm

There are many ways to stop bsing. Fighting unlocked and pivioting as you swing or kicking them as they approach will stop it.
    VaanVoid
    VaanVoid

Location : Firelink Shirne, trying to assure the firekeeper that talking isn't a bad thing!

Post by VaanVoid Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Hey Forum Pirate, you're everywhere on here, lol! Why is that? Did you help make the site if you mind me asking.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:24 pm

No. I'm just bored while I job hunt, so this is alt tabbed.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:56 pm

Sentiel wrote:

Against normal circling, just cricle them in the same direction they come at you and backstab them.

This is pretty much all I do and I don't have a problem most of the time. Although if I'm using heavy weapons, I'm usually screwed the first time I miss. If I'm fast rolling, I don't usually get BS'd.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:57 pm

If you look at around 8:45 in the video, when he is fighting the blue phantom with quelagg's sword... I saw DEFLECTION IN PVP!
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:19 pm

Automancer wrote:In my duels at the Burg a couple of minutes ago, 3 out of 20 people played properly. I died to all the other fishers except for one because he was an idiot. One guy from Europe lagged so bad he made the X-Files look like a 5 year old kid. I heard you can counter-BS these jerk-offs but i just can't seem to do it. Apprently i have to circle them in the opposite direction but when i try, i just get BSed! How the freak?!

Sorry, i'm just pissed. Happy day at work, though i could have an even better day doing some PvP. But, NOOOOO.

The key is timing. Everytime you see some one strafing around you for bs, counter strafe and bs them. With lag you have to do it much earlier so you gotta be fast. If you get bsed, try fishing for a bs to get things even. You can also lure then by attacking without hitting them.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Great advice about countering backstabs. But, Automancer, what do you mean by 3/20 people played "properly"?
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:36 pm

Does nobody get the signifigance of this fact? DEFLECTION IN PVP. IT. EXISTS. HOLY CRAAAAAAAAAP!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 4:43 am