Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Gravelording question

Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Gravelording question Empty Gravelording question

Post by Slarg232 Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:07 am

Hey guys, friend of mine wanted me to ask this;

He is currently Gravelording in the Depths, farming eyes of death at the same time. If he rests at the bonfire while still black and smokey from using his Eye, does he reset the invasion of the other guys, or how does that work?

Beleive me, ANY info that's not on the Wiki's would be of great help.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Gravelording question Empty Re: Gravelording question

Post by ChizFreak Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:10 am

No, the black aura that "gravelording" causes doesn't get removed until you either die or quit the game. Even if you go ahead and kill bosses you still keep it. I'm going to check if this isn't in the wiki already.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:34 am

Sweet, thanks.

Now he wants to know how moving from place to place works. Can he run from Undead Burg to Anor Londo while infecting people all the way? Also, he can't enter Boss Fog Gates while the buff is active, is that normal?
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:40 am

Slarg232 wrote:Sweet, thanks.

Now he wants to know how moving from place to place works. Can he run from Undead Burg to Anor Londo while infecting people all the way? Also, he can't enter Boss Fog Gates while the buff is active, is that normal?

Yeah is normal, my bad I will edit my previous post. I confused things. You can't kill bosses while the Eye of Death is active.

Check the wiki I'm updating it right now, you have all the info you need:

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Gravelord+Servant

I did a serious revamp of how the info was displayed in the page, and added some missing info about how the Eye of Death works.

Some important things to note:

• You can't fight bosses while the Eye of Death is active.
    • You can't summon phantoms of any kind (friendly or hostile, you don't see any signs) while the Eye of Death is active.
    • The effect lasts until you die or reload the game.
    • Using it will start cursing 3 random players' worlds causing extremely powerful AI controlled enemies called Black Phantoms to appear. Additionally a Black Aura around your character will appear.
    • While the Eye of Death is active, a Gravelord Servant Sign appears at your location, and follows you as you move, refreshing every 10 seconds approximately. Through that sign the infected players will be able to invade you. Because of this if you want to be invaded try to put yourself in a high traffic area so players can easily find you sign.
    • Doesn't matter who or what kills you, when you die the curse is lifted from the 3 players.
    • You can only use the Eye of Death while you're in Human form and in an area where you haven't defeated the boss yet.
    • You can move between areas freely without losing the effect, but you will only curse other worlds while you're in an area where you haven't defeated the boss.
    • You can curse other players even if they are in Hollow Form.
    • You can curse the world of players who have already beaten the boss too, and they see your sign and be able to invade normally.
    • Because you can still be invaded by DarkWraiths and Darkmoons, plus the invaders you're infecting, and you can't cross the boss fog gate, Gravelords are easy targets for other players. Keep in mind though that the online players maximum is 4. That means you can't be invaded by more than 3 people at the same time.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:02 pm

you should add that you can be summoned to another world if you place a summon sign while gravelording. the effect of the eye of death disappears when you return to your own world though.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Nybbles wrote:you should add that you can be summoned to another world if you place a summon sign while gravelording. the effect of the eye of death disappears when you return to your own world though.

Thanks for the info, I will ad it.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:15 pm

Nybbles wrote:you should add that you can be summoned to another world if you place a summon sign while gravelording. the effect of the eye of death disappears when you return to your own world though.
    You can also get summoned to a world you infected and the effect will last for your entire visit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:18 pm