Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Rifter7
D2Synua
6 posters

Pyro/Faith PVP build.

D2Synua
    D2Synua

Pyro/Faith PVP build. Empty Pyro/Faith PVP build.

Post by D2Synua Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:13 am

So i recently watched DarkSoulsMindEye's "Dark Souls - Faith/Pyromancy Invasions" video
    and made a pretty much identical build to it. But instead of the +15 dagger i went with a +15 bandit's knife since it has higher critical dmg and also put one more point into END just so i could fast roll and still wear the gold hemmed gloves.

I wasn't sure of the rings he used but i went with RoFaP and ring of the firstborn/bellowing depending on situation. Pyro/Faith build

So what do you guys think, is it a viable PVP build?
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Pyro/Faith PVP build. Empty Re: Pyro/Faith PVP build.

Post by Rifter7 Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:48 am

this guy makes it look like hes just wanking it in the videos, but he's actually doing some pretty advanced shiz.

so no, if you're going to just throw fireballs at people and stab them with a dagger you're going to die. a lot, probably.

if you can do half the advanced tech this guys doing then yeah you'll do good- but you'd of had your own build like his if you could i bet.. so probably no.
    D2Synua
    D2Synua

Post by D2Synua Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:55 am

Yeah i do understand that it's far more advanced than most Pyro builds and that's the major reason i want to make one.

But i'll probably have a hard time since i don't have any PVP experiance since the 300+ hours i got into DkrS are only PVE, but i've got a couple of PVP builds that aren't as "advanced" that i'll probably play around with before making a Pyro/Faith build.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:01 am

id suggest you find a fastish weapon that does around 380 or above damage in one type (not split damage like elemental weapons) and then decide if you want to go pyro, faith, int or quality (boosts weapon damage solely) and then pick a soul level- 50, 100, 120 or 200. 100 or 120 are good levels.

try your best to mesh your prefered weapon with the magic you want and show us the build.. once you're happy with it begin learning all you can about what you now have.

heres a mods guide to making builds.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t14581-reim-s-guide-to-making-builds
    heres roanispes pvp guide.. i haven't read it but i'm sure it's good.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t7925-an-introduction-to-dark-souls-pvp-v07
    and heres some builds i've shared with the forum recently.
    https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t16040-my-builds-i-m-working-on-so-far

there's more information out there that im sure most people are willing to share. myself included- good luck.
    D2Synua
    D2Synua

Post by D2Synua Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for the links.

I already grasp the theory of split/elemental dmg and the only real reason this build uses a weapon at all is for the criticals, and SLB is just there for an extra 400dmg, unless the one getting backstabbed has insane lightning resistance.

Well what do you think of my other PVP builds? Here's some that i plan to make.

First off the Str/spellsword-ish build mainly using great club and an off hand lightning shotel for turtles: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=374625309808072018

And then my Murakumo build that's mainly going for dead angles but still using the SLB for an extra 300dmg: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=196103573508281333
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:04 pm

D2Synua wrote:Thanks for the links.

I already grasp the theory of split/elemental dmg and the only real reason this build uses a weapon at all is for the criticals, and SLB is just there for an extra 400dmg, unless the one getting backstabbed has insane lightning resistance.

Well what do you think of my other PVP builds? Here's some that i plan to make.

First off the Str/spellsword-ish build mainly using great club and an off hand lightning shotel for turtles: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=374625309808072018

And then my Murakumo build that's mainly going for dead angles but still using the SLB for an extra 300dmg: http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=196103573508281333
    Your Greatclub build looks alright, but your Marakumo build is severely lacking.

For one, you have a ring slot that's not being used, you already mid roll with just the FaP ring, so Havel's is a waste, you could put a Red Tearstone Ring in to cause some mayhem.

Secondly, you're midrolling which is fine now a days, but you also only have around 36 poise. Which for a midrolling Marakumo build is going to get you ripped asunder. Maybe swap the Havel ring for a Wolf, that'd give you 76, a much safer number.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:11 pm

Looks like his rings are RoFaP and Wolf's.
    D2Synua
    D2Synua

Post by D2Synua Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:29 pm

Your Greatclub build looks alright, but your Marakumo build is severely lacking.

For one, you have a ring slot that's not being used, you already mid roll with just the FaP ring, so Havel's is a waste, you could put a Red Tearstone Ring in to cause some mayhem.

Secondly, you're midrolling which is fine now a days, but you also only have around 36 poise. Which for a midrolling Marakumo build is going to get you ripped asunder. Maybe swap the Havel ring for a Wolf, that'd give you 76, a much safer number.

Oh, didn't even notice that the havel's was a waste, and those 40 points of poise will probably help a lot. Thanks!
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Any build is viable with the right skill to use it. That build has a lot of good combos and power, but also high learning curve.
    D2Synua
    D2Synua

Post by D2Synua Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:50 pm

Yeah and that's one of the reasons why i want to use it. It's probably going to be a hard one but an enjoyable build, which i'm all up for since most DrkS builds are generic and boring as hell.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:57 am

This guy is incredible in PvP...both actual duels and especially anti-gank. Anybody of course can edit videos to make themselves look good, but if you watch him long enough you can tell he actually pulls this stuff off a good amount at minimum.

The only spell I haven't seen him manual-aim effectively (that really needs it) is the lightning spear family, but then again I've never seen anyone too consistent with that in the lag. I can do fireballs pretty well but not with the consistency he has.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 6:56 pm