Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

how to play against the lag?

Thor_Odinson
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

how to play against the lag? Empty how to play against the lag?

Post by Thor_Odinson Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:39 am

Im not talking about slight lag. I mean the lag where they swing 5 feet to your left and hit your for damage. Or the lag where they just begin a swing and shows them hitting you. I die seriously 9/10 duels do to some major lag similar to this. Its the one reason I dont get mad at turtles because 3/5 duels is just straight laggy hits killing you
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

how to play against the lag? Empty Re: how to play against the lag?

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:42 am

One doesn't play against lag. One learns how to guess the level of lag and adjust. Its just practice.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:16 am

You get a katana and just keep swinging.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:39 am

aprilmanha wrote:You get a katana and just keep swinging.
    That a good way to do it if you don't mind being parried, poise stabbed, flattened by a spell or stunlocked by a ugs.

Mindless, hyper aggressive r1 spam won't accomplish anything against any but the least capable opponents.

As I said, the trick is recognising the current level of lag.

You take phantom hits, its above normal and you need to think a step ahead. The opponent is finishing the swing as you see it start, so dodge early.

if the opponents feet don't move properly its getting bad so think 3 steps ahead. Dodge whenever you're in range of their weapon. Out range them if possible, if not hunt hard for a roll bs or spell hit.

if the opponent teleports and lands blows from long ranges while not even facing the right direction, its downright terrible, just pray at that point because its out of your hands.
    aprilmanha
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by aprilmanha Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:49 am

Forum Pirate wrote:
    aprilmanha wrote:You get a katana and just keep swinging.
    That a good way to do it if you don't mind being parried, poise stabbed, flattened by a spell or stunlocked by a ugs.

Mindless, hyper aggressive r1 spam won't accomplish anything against any but the least capable opponents.

As I said, the trick is recognising the current level of lag.

You take phantom hits, its above normal and you need to think a step ahead. The opponent is finishing the swing as you see it start, so dodge early.

if the opponents feet don't move properly its getting bad so think 3 steps ahead. Dodge whenever you're in range of their weapon. Out range them if possible, if not hunt hard for a roll bs or spell hit.

if the opponent teleports and lands blows from long ranges while not even facing the right direction, its downright terrible, just pray at that point because its out of your hands.

Ehh it works against me, since I can't parry well against all the lag.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:01 am

Settup parries can be done reliability with the first 2 lag teirs I mentioned. Eat the first hit and immediately parry. I take 200 damage, I deal 900.

It usually won't work on good players, but good players rarely spam r1 unless its deadangles, which the kat r1s can't do, and most all of them can setup parry like that.
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:57 am

It's the slight lag that is a problem, especially when facing dark bead (I think). I nearly always roll to avoid, sometimes I take no damage, others times its a OHKO, I thought this may be down to stats and/or rings, but I vaded a max sl player who spammed dark bead I rolled and took no damage, he wasn't wearing crown of dusk, and using tin crystal cat, it could be down to crown of dusk and bellowing I guess, but I'm starting to think its down to slight lag.
    Thor_Odinson
    Thor_Odinson
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thor_Odinson Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:44 pm

I generally go with the dodging tactic you stated here. Last night playing against a few very very laggy people in the township was making me furious. Would get great combustion spammed 20 feet from it. After it happened 3 times i started just suiciding off the cliff lol. I later left the township to invade in painted world and the lag almost disappeared. I dont know if it was just the township last night or me getting people in other countries/bad interwebs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 3:25 pm