Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
lextune
tinypantha
PlasticandRage
JaffaCakes
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Bioraptor
Green__Eagle
Shindori
12 posters

I heard White Dragon Breath is useless...

Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... Empty I heard White Dragon Breath is useless...

Post by Shindori Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:27 pm

Tell that to Kalameet. that's what killed him.

I just finished.. well.. every boss cept Gwyn. I got a pretty decent character, and hopefully will be doing the first recording of Mini-Seath soon. I got fraps but.. dat watermark, ugh. Anyone know of another recording software?
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... Empty Re: I heard White Dragon Breath is useless...

Post by Green__Eagle Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:55 am

WDB, in my opinion, isn't strong enough to warrant the 50 Intelligence required to use it.

Sometimes the spell will cross empty space, but I like the Crystal Spear spell better.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... Empty Re: I heard White Dragon Breath is useless...

Post by Bioraptor Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:19 am

Green__Eagle wrote:WDB, in my opinion, isn't strong enough to warrant the 50 Intelligence required to use it.

Sometimes the spell will cross empty space, but I like the Crystal Spear spell better.
    As we all know aswell the WDB is corrupted by conection.What I mean by this is you can see it coming and dodge it due to lag.Not to say you can not use it effective b/c you can.You have just got to use it taticaly and when least exspected.But valid point on 50Int.Way to high.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:37 am

It's because you get 20 casts of it as opposed to just 4 with CSS. Multiplicatively it is stronger than CSS.
    JaffaCakes
    JaffaCakes

Post by JaffaCakes Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:53 am

I really like WDB, mostly because I have long used spells unlocked (because locking on with spells is awful in my experience). It can catch a lot of people off guard in PvP, and if you have enemies grouped very closely, it'll hit them all happy
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:42 pm

Aiming it certainly takes some getting used to, but before the inclusion of dark magic I think I'd probably gotten more kills with it than any other sorcery. I don't think I've ever hit anyone with it and had them survive it. You just have to know what to use it for and what not to use it for. It's really great for catching people by surprise who don't know that you're there, for example somebody whose climbing up a ladder that you're at the top of, or coming around a corning or through a doorway that you're on the other side of. It's also really awesome in the Kiln, because people will try to hide from your other spells behind the dunes, and you can cast WDB which will go over the dune and down the other side, hitting them anyway. It's pretty risky to cast in close combat though, because it's animation is slow and it's easy to strafe out of the way of.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:44 pm

get an older version of fraps, they often go for free.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:58 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:It's because you get 20 casts of it as opposed to just 4 with CSS. Multiplicatively it is stronger than CSS.
    Valid point....Although on my SL394 save it will only give me around 5 cast..I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... 2707236321 As we know the more NG+ you are your spells and other items get halfed.But then again if I stack them I end up with around that figure although its used 3 or 4 slots to get that....I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... 1330857165
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Bioraptor wrote:
    WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:It's because you get 20 casts of it as opposed to just 4 with CSS. Multiplicatively it is stronger than CSS.
    Valid point....Although on my SL394 save it will only give me around 5 cast..I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... 2707236321 As we know the more NG+ you are your spells and other items get halfed.But then again if I stack them I end up with around that figure although its used 3 or 4 slots to get that....I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... 1330857165
    Whoa whoa spells get halved in NG+?! WHAT'S THIS ********?!
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:32 pm

Bioraptor wrote:Valid point....Although on my SL394 save it will only give me around 5 cast..I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... 2707236321 As we know the more NG+ you are your spells and other items get halfed.

Is this supposed to be a joke?
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:56 pm

Bioraptor wrote:
    What? I hope you are trolling

Ontopic, with the 20 casts, you can use TCC and still have 10, which is very good for a spell that takes only one slot and does 600+ damage without buffs, and throws your enemies in the air, also lingers on the grounds for a few seconds. I'm sure this spell was designed to be used with the TCC. Add Dusk Crown, BDCR and high dexterity to shorten casting time, stack 2 or 3 of them, and you have 30 casts of the 3rd most powerful sorcery with your full health, the best mag.adj. catalyst and 7 free slots if you have 50 att

Looks totally worth it in close quarters, plus, i'm pretty sure it can go up the walls like DGS 2 handed R2
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:35 pm

Bioraptor wrote:As we know the more NG+ you are your spells and other items get halfed.

Yeah, that's not accurate. Maybe you equipped one of the items, like the TCC that cut your spells by half and thought it was NG+?
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:53 am

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Bioraptor wrote:As we know the more NG+ you are your spells and other items get halfed.

Yeah, that's not accurate. Maybe you equipped one of the items, like the TCC that cut your spells by half and thought it was NG+?
    Sorry guy's I did'nt mean to give you all a scare.What I'll do is vid it on my phone (bad quality I know) and i'll show you what I mean...Give me a few hours.Although I have a feeling PlasticandRage may be right though an I did not know the TCC did this.To be honest I don't know what TCC is short for...:oops:

Last edited by Bioraptor on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:57 am

I don't think anyone is scared. silly

We're just pointing out the fact that going into NG+ (or ++++ etc. ) does nothing to your items or spells.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:48 pm

WDB is a glorious PvE spell. 20 casts of HURT. Even with Logan's instead of TCC, Dusk crown and BDCR you can Breathe your way through most area's I know I cleared the hell out of township with it, then used all my CSS and HCSM on Manus.

I genuinely beleive it's primary purpose is so you can mow down mooks and save the soul spears for bosses/hard gangsters like the PW Berenike in NG+
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Bioraptor wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

Sorry guy's I did'nt mean to give you all a scare.What I'll do is vid it on my phone (bad quality I know) and i'll show you what I mean...Give me a few hours.Although I have a feeling PlasticandRage may be right though an I did not know the TCC did this.To be honest I don't know what TCC is short for...:oops:

TCC = Tin Crystalization Catalyst. It halves your spell castings, so if you've been using it that's where your spells have gone. I'm positive it's not accurate. I'm in NG+++ with my cleric, and part of the appeal of doing it is that each time I do I get 3 more WoG castings and one more Sunlight Blade casting
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:17 pm

Jansports wrote:WDB is a glorious PvE spell. 20 casts of HURT. Even with Logan's instead of TCC, Dusk crown and BDCR you can Breathe your way through most area's I know I cleared the hell out of township with it, then used all my CSS and HCSM on Manus.

I genuinely beleive it's primary purpose is so you can mow down mooks and save the soul spears for bosses/hard gangsters like the PW Berenike in NG+

Yeah, I've seen even mid-level mages one shotting the Anor Londo sentinels and knights with WDB, right through their shield blocks. I basically had nothing to do the entire run until the boss fight.
    Bioraptor
    Bioraptor
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Bioraptor Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:40 am

PlasticandRage wrote:
    Bioraptor wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

TCC = Tin Crystalization Catalyst. It halves your spell castings, so if you've been using it that's where your spells have gone. I'm positive it's not accurate. I'm in NG+++ with my cleric, and part of the appeal of doing it is that each time I do I get 3 more WoG castings and one more Sunlight Blade casting
    Hi friend,well in all the hours I have put into this game I am still being told an shown new things.Your right about the TCC.I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... 3149687655I really never tryed using a different one then the TCC as this one gives me the best stats.I guess this is why they half your cast?.Before I post next time i'll do my home work as to not end up getting egg on my face....I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... 1330857165
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Bioraptor wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:
    Bioraptor wrote:
    PlasticandRage wrote:

Hi friend,well in all the hours I have put into this game I am still being told an shown new things.Your right about the TCC.I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... 3149687655I really never tryed using a different one then the TCC as this one gives me the best stats.I guess this is why they half your cast?.Before I post next time i'll do my home work as to not end up getting egg on my face....I heard White Dragon Breath is useless... 1330857165

Don't worry about it man. That's part of what the forum is all about. I've been playing for over 1000 hours now, and done quite a bit of experimenting with different things, and I'm still wrong all the time.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:47 pm

Jansports wrote:WDB is a glorious PvE spell. 20 casts of HURT. Even with Logan's instead of TCC, Dusk crown and BDCR you can Breathe your way through most area's I know I cleared the hell out of township with it, then used all my CSS and HCSM on Manus.

This is EXACTLY what I use it for. Tried it in PvP and ended up getting BS almost every time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:59 pm