Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Need help with backup Weapons

Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Need help with backup Weapons Empty Need help with backup Weapons

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 pm

This is my current build
    http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=491501081734483753

The MLGS is my main back up weapon, after the buff on my Iaito runs out. I also plan on carrying a +5 Chaos Claymore in case I need a fire weapon. I currently have +5 Lightning Flamberge, but I'm not sure if I want to keep it.

My question is, should I keep the flamberge as lightning or should I make it +15 and make a Lightning Bastard Sword instead. How noticeable is the loss in reach of a bastard sword? It's pretty small compared to the claymore or flamberge when standing still, but how does that affect it during attacks?

Also, how noticeable is the difference between slash and regular damage on heavily armored opponents? I plan to mostly fight gankers in the forest, so heavy armor is the assumed target.

I only have 2 titanite slabs left, so I'd like to know the pros and cons of a bastard sword before I upgrade it anymore.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Need help with backup Weapons Empty Re: Need help with backup Weapons

Post by Jansports Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Silver Knight Spear, with 35 dex it's scaling is respectable. I'd reccomend the MLBH but it seems like you're looking for diverse damage options and the Horn like the MLGS is pure magic (gmb)

The BSS is also a great weapon, which you could use +15 no problem (you'll get more damage than an elemental one at 35 dex) And if it so suited you could even buff it in place of the Iiato.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:06 pm

Yeah, I intend to carry the BSS, Shotel, and maybe PGS too. I had completely forgotten about spears though.

Edit: MLBH and Velka's rapier seem pretty good. I'll have to work on them though. I tend to use halberds and straight swords so my poking skills aren't up to par.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:07 am