Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
bunnywink
Automancer
6 posters

Problems connecting to other players

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Problems connecting to other players Empty Problems connecting to other players

Post by Automancer Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:52 am

I've been able to be summoned by other players or even successfully invade as well. But yesterday, Isirith and i have been trying to summon one another in the moonlight forest but it's been unsuccessful. He's SL99 while i was SL100, shouldn't we be able to see each other RSS?

Not only that but i keep failing to invade only him. Could there be something wrong happening on either of our sides?

EDIT: It's not the first time this has happened between both of us.
    bunnywink
    bunnywink
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning!

Problems connecting to other players Empty Re: Problems connecting to other players

Post by bunnywink Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:07 am

Usually when I'm not able to connect with someone on my friends list, I will reload the game. Are you guys seeing each other's signs?
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Problems connecting to other players Empty Re: Problems connecting to other players

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:11 am

Sometimes you just cant connect with someone, or it takes a long time and you have to force the connection by alternating Red and White signs, if it plays up next time have them drop an RSS every ten seconds for one minute, if you dont see anything have them drop a WSS and leave it there for 1 minute if nothing appears YOU the host Quit and reload and repeat the RSSS spam again, could take upto 5 minutes to connect but once you do you will instaconnect for the rest of your game session until one of you turns your console off
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:19 am

This is due to the massive failure that P2P is. The decision to not provide dedicated servers (as was done for DeS) is really the only thing that was done poorly in DkS. Hopefully, we will see a return of dedicated servers for DkS2.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:22 am

crbngville2 wrote:This is due to the massive failure that P2P is. The decision to not provide dedicated servers (as was done for DeS) is really the only thing that was done poorly in DkS. Hopefully, we will see a return of dedicated servers for DkS2.

i would hate for this ti happen, my reasoning for this is simple region locking servers blocks me off from all the great friends i have made with this game and this forum, the dodgy connections is a small trade off for playing with friends
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:24 am

I remember Brokewilly and I having the same problems the first time we tried to connect. I think one of us just restarted our Xbox and our Internet connectIon after half an hour of trying stuff and it finally worked. For some reason it never happened again - we connect without trouble every time.
    billy_bayonet
    billy_bayonet
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by billy_bayonet Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:26 am

sometimes you have to Force connections with people, the problem is we have no idea how many other people are standing in an area and every host is basicly another wall between you and the person you want to summon
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:28 am

billy_bayonet wrote:sometimes you have to Force connections with people, the problem is we have no idea how many other people are standing in an area and every host is basicly another wall between you and the person you want to summon

Yup, trying to connect in more quite places helps as well.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:52 am

billy_bayonet wrote:
    crbngville2 wrote:This is due to the massive failure that P2P is. The decision to not provide dedicated servers (as was done for DeS) is really the only thing that was done poorly in DkS. Hopefully, we will see a return of dedicated servers for DkS2.

i would hate for this ti happen, my reasoning for this is simple region locking servers blocks me off from all the great friends i have made with this game and this forum, the dodgy connections is a small trade off for playing with friends

Sorry Billy,

I feel your pain. However, poor connections and being unable to summon my friends who live in the same state as i do is unacceptable. DeS spoiled those of us who play in NA. I can definately say that 95% of the NA community welcomes the return of dedicated servers.

You can always buy a NA disc. None of us can fix poor P2P connections.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:09 am

I would actually hate to see the game get region locked again.

Lot of good players I know are from NA and I bet lot of guys here, on forum are from NA as well, so we couldn't play anymore, since I'm from EU. sad

On the other side, I would no longer have to deal with terrible Asian lag...but I'm mostly used to lag thanks to MGO letting me play with KSA and Australia players. Nothing against them, but they lag like :dung: in clugged toilet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 8:59 pm