Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Animaaal
aprilmanha
ComaPrison
hageshisa
defacto
Sir-flicker
Shkar
Ashran
Onion Knight
FattyOfDoom
Marino.
Acarnatia
Serious_Much
Sloth9230
mr_no_face
DE5PA1R
crbngville2
aceluby
tinypantha
steveswede
24 posters

Bad feelings about online for Dark Souls 2

TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Bad feelings about online for Dark Souls 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Bad feelings about online for Dark Souls 2

Post by TheBigLebowski Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:24 pm

steveswede wrote:
    TheBigLebowski wrote:I am happy the maker of Demon Souls wants back the servers of demon souls. He hated the crappy p2p system of dark souls. With good maintained servers it will be a blast again to play dark souls! Also the message system will be far better.

Thanks for that.

Good but quiet. Region locking online for the privilege of dedicated servers is what makes the EU servers of Demon's Souls a ghost town.

Hmmz. Maybe you have a point, but from my experience (I played all 3 versions of demon souls, so from 3 regions) only the EU version was a bit like a ghost town. (Also the bandai namco one go figure). I still play the asian version (JapanStudio) and it is still busy as hell!

And with the US version I had absolutely no trouble with the online too. (Atlus)

For me dark Souls is far more quiet with that crappy p2p system. 90% of the messages are zero rated and summons fail 50% of the time. With Demon Souls I didn't have that trouble at all (100% success rate and almost always, with the exception of the EU bandai version, 6 or more summon signs available.

So I vote for dedicated servers. Happy that the demon souls producer thinks the same. winking
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Bad feelings about online for Dark Souls 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Bad feelings about online for Dark Souls 2

Post by steveswede Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:32 pm

But at the cost of that you have three copies, plus separate character slots for each game. Do you really want to have to buy three copies again just so you can have the option to go to any server?
    TheBigLebowski
    TheBigLebowski
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by TheBigLebowski Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:35 pm

steveswede wrote:But at the cost of that you have three copies, plus separate character slots for each game. Do you really want to have to buy three copies again just so you can have the option to go to any server?

I bought them because I wanted to get all the trophies again big grin

And the strange thing is I am from the EU, but still I can connect the best with people from Japan or the US. For me DS Bandai version was a ghost town too. You are absolutely right.

DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:48 pm

Region-based servers aren't necessarily region-locked.
    swordiris
    swordiris
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by swordiris Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:09 am

PS3 will not region lock.

They are known for not region locking. Part of the PS3's appeal.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:14 pm

swordiris wrote:PS3 will not region lock.

It doesnt have anything to do with the PS3, it depends on the Game.

There were three version of Demons Souls .
    NA, Europe and Asian each version had their own servers while Derp Souls only has one international server as far as i know .
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:19 pm

Marino. wrote:

NA, Europe and Asian each version had their own servers while Derp Souls only has one international server as far as i know .

I'm pretty sure DkS uses P2P connection...

But it makes no difference in the end, demons had region locking, and region lockin for Dark 2 would suck for players like myself who only actually play souls during the prime time hours of american dks time or on weekends..

That and I would be unable to play with the majority of forum users, which would suck way too much.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:29 pm

But nothing was stopping you getting the NA version, and dealing with pretty much the same lag issues as now. Not ideal, but functional.

Last edited by Forum Pirate on Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    Marino. wrote:

I'm pretty sure DkS uses P2P connection...

But it makes no difference in the end, demons had region locking, and region lockin for Dark 2 would suck for players like myself who only actually play souls during the prime time hours of american dks time or on weekends..

That and I would be unable to play with the majority of forum users, which would suck way too much.

Yes, P2P was what i was looking for silly

Now that Darks 2 is being developed for the PC too i think that it will have several Servers with the ability to chose them .
    Just like any MMORPG .

And honestly, i think P2P is just fine.
    Now that i have a better connection i have no Problems whatsoever .
    The only thing i would add is the ability to directly connect with a Player so you could immediately summon each other .
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:31 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:But nothing was stopping you getting the NA version, and dealing with pretty much the same lag issues as now. Not ideal, but functional.

One Problem with that Pirate .

The NA version is sold in America while the EU version is sold in Europe .
    I had to order it and wait 6 Weeks for it .
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:But nothing was stopping you getting the NA version, and dealing with pretty much the same lag issues as now. Not ideal, but functional.

And then I wouldn't be able to play with the other half of the people on the forum?

What I'm getting at is, for this community specifically but for wider online play as Souls isn't exactly CoD in the sales department, I think just letting people have maximum number of potential connection chances is better than region locking.

I can get that people dislike lag, but what's worse really- having lag (that is totally manageable most of the time), or not being able to play with who you want?
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:48 pm

Like I said, not ideal, but functional. From doesn't do online passes, so having multiple copies, after a bit, won't be too bad. I intend to. It is possible you'll get to chose your server as you log in. That would be a good compromise between lag and player-base. Email From.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm not emailing them, last time I did that I sent them an email with a data sample asking about the discrepancies between the Elite knight armour poise between different regions and consoles.. They never replied..

Though I still nicknamed 1.06 the serious patch silly
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Just a suggestion. Most mmo's I'm aware of do exactly that, perhaps from should follow suit.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:53 pm

Yeah, the best solution would be being able to chose your Server .

I mean i was able to play Demons NA here in Europe just as lag-free as Demons EU and my connection wasn't even all that good
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:Like I said, not ideal, but functional. From doesn't do online passes, so having multiple copies, after a bit, won't be too bad. I intend to. It is possible you'll get to chose your server as you log in. That would be a good compromise between lag and player-base. Email From.

Excellent suggestion, but vaguely familiar. It's almost like I said that on the 1st and 5th pages...
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:36 pm

I didn't read the first page (at least not recently,) just the most recent page. I was drawn by serious's input, more than the subject.
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Your name is forum pirate. No hard feelings.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Personally, I'm for servers. It would mean less disconnects, lag, waiting, etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 10:04 pm