Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ChizFreak
6 posters

Do you guys in the UK or US have "milanesas"?

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Do you guys in the UK or US have "milanesas"? Empty Do you guys in the UK or US have "milanesas"?

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:33 pm

See this for further reference:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milanesa

Do you guys in the UK or US have "milanesas"? Milanesa1

I love them. Milanesas and french fries are a classic combo here, but I like them even more when I eat them alone as sandwich. Some ketchup and mayonnaise and good to go!

I live in Argentina and at the end of this year I will go on holidays to Europe so I would love to eat those while I stay in London.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Do you guys in the UK or US have "milanesas"? Empty Re: Do you guys in the UK or US have "milanesas"?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Don't know about the UK, but in the US, if you go to certain restaurants, you can find that dish easily.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Do you guys in the UK or US have "milanesas"? Empty Re: Do you guys in the UK or US have "milanesas"?

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:36 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Don't know about the UK, but in the US, if you go to certain restaurants, you can find that dish easily.

How are they called?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:40 pm

Usually it's called whatever meat is being served and whatever sauce it's in (if applicable) a milanese.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:08 pm

I haven't seen it called that specifically (or at least don't recall it) but in the US there's all sorts of breaded and fried meals. Often around these parts (Western NY State) it's not a thin cut of anything but I've seen very similar food.

I'll see your Milanesa and raise you a Chicken Fried Steak. The picture is a different coating but I've had chicken fried steak with breading that looks almost identical to the Milanesa picture.

Chicken Fried Steak

It's also interesting that the article on Wikipedia makes note of the similarities. Chicken Fried Chicken (Or just fried chicken) can be similar but around where I live it's usually a thicker cut of meat.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Yes, but where I live, S. Florida there's a very strong Latin influence everywhere you turn so this type of food is commonplace.

Heck, Miami has about 3 Argentinian steakhouses and probably more than a dozen Brazilian ones.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:29 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Yes, but where I live, S. Florida there's a very strong Latin influence everywhere you turn so this type of food is commonplace.

Heck, Miami has about 3 Argentinian steakhouses and probably more than a dozen Brazilian ones.

I should go there...

Is there any Disneyland around there silly?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:10 pm

nooooo!! the whole point of traveling is to see and experience new things, you should never eat something you can eat at home when youre away even if you love it, jut go out and eat where the locals eat, try to stay away from touristy places, sure you can go to the touristy places and take pictures of you infront of the landmarks but you dont need to go in or explore cause you wil never get to explore everythign since you usually have very little time. you should be trying new foods and going out and getting wated and meeting people and having sex with new people. you can eat milanesa when you get home.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:16 pm

Disney World is in Orlando but I agree with Rant as well. silly
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:55 pm

On our honeymoon to Puerto Rico my wife and I decided we didn't like the hotel restaurant prices and instead walked a few miles to a local grocery store. We didn't get into too much local cuisine but tried to pick stuff up at the store that we couldn't get back home. Definitely a good experience
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:04 pm

We have milanesas in spain too big grin And i shall tell you that adding any kind of pepper makes it even better!
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:09 pm

skarekrow13 wrote:I haven't seen it called that specifically (or at least don't recall it) but in the US there's all sorts of breaded and fried meals. Often around these parts (Western NY State) it's not a thin cut of anything but I've seen very similar food.

I'll see your Milanesa and raise you a Chicken Fried Steak. The picture is a different coating but I've had chicken fried steak with breading that looks almost identical to the Milanesa picture.

Chicken Fried Steak

It's also interesting that the article on Wikipedia makes note of the similarities. Chicken Fried Chicken (Or just fried chicken) can be similar but around where I live it's usually a thicker cut of meat.

Haha we Mexicans just refer those chiken fried steaks as Milanesas too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:28 pm