Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Tolvo
Sentiel
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
ChizFreak
8 posters

Anybody tried shooting Seath arrows to the head?

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Anybody tried shooting Seath arrows to the head? Empty Anybody tried shooting Seath arrows to the head?

Post by ChizFreak Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:33 am

Bows or Dragonslayer Bow? It just came to my mind, after I thought about how shooting Queelag in the body staggered her.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Anybody tried shooting Seath arrows to the head? Empty Re: Anybody tried shooting Seath arrows to the head?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:36 am

Never tried, but I doubt it works.

If it does work though, you may have just discovered a new method with which to chop off his tail.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Anybody tried shooting Seath arrows to the head? Empty Re: Anybody tried shooting Seath arrows to the head?

Post by Sentiel Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:30 am

If my memory serves me right, only bosses that can be staggered by a bow shot are Quelaag, Kalameet and Manus.

I haven't tried any of the Demon bosses though.

...maybe Gwyndolin, or Gwyn? Haven't tried them either and Gwyn is a b*tch to fight with bow.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:34 am

With Demon's, for the Centipede Demon you can shoot off his limbs, including the ones that aren't normally thrown forwards. This forced him to engage you closely rather than launch attacks from far away.
    firefighter_raven
    firefighter_raven

Post by firefighter_raven Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:08 pm

IIRC it doesn't make a difference. I used the slumbering dragoncrest ring and a bow against him my first time. I'll double check when I get to him again soon.
    lalliman
    lalliman
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by lalliman Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:36 pm

Sentiel wrote:If my memory serves me right, only bosses that can be staggered by a bow shot are Quelaag, Kalameet and Manus.
    ...maybe Gwyndolin, or Gwyn? Haven't tried them either and Gwyn is a b*tch to fight with bow.
    So can Artorias, you can interrupt his power up move that way.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:01 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:Never tried, but I doubt it works.

If it does work though, you may have just discovered a new method with which to chop off his tail.
    Well, you can shoot off his tail with a bow. If you're in it for the tail, forget about staggering him with arrows, and just shoot it directly!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 pm

lalliman wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:If my memory serves me right, only bosses that can be staggered by a bow shot are Quelaag, Kalameet and Manus.
    So can Artorias, you can interrupt his power up move that way.
    He's usually too aggresive to try, but I thought it won't work, given his unusual Poise. It doesn't work on O&S, so I thought it won't work on him as well.
    Aznul
    Aznul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Aznul Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:48 am

I don't know about staggering him with arrows, But once I did get him stuck on one side of the arena you fight in, behind some of the cursed corpses. I just killed him with the bow since I already had his tail sword. It never staggered him, but I only hit the chest.

Never tried a bow in any other bossfights besides queelag (torso stagger), ornstein and smough (ornstein lightning spam, respond with arrow spam), and gwyndolin (outranged with dragonslayer bow and hawk ring, only way I have killed him so far, seems like a pain to do it any other way).

Though, breaking the crystal staggers him, and I believe that he is staggered when you cut off his tail as well. Mostly I use pyromancy at close range for this fight, but that is just if I am soloing and already have the tail.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:56 am

It's not possible, I can confirm it, I tried the other day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 10:05 am