Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+18
Henkyona
Slarg232
Rifter7
Digitalyzed
Serious_Much
skarekrow13
Yarxov
Reaperfan
Carphil
dancash1808
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Saturday-Saint
User1
Hatsune Miku
Quarik
Artoriasflagg
Wade_Wilson
Marino.
22 posters

Brony Thread

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Brony Thread - Page 40 Empty Re: Brony Thread

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Yeah, it's focus is more so a legal thing. So I just don't understand what sort of rights he would want as being married to a fictional character.

I'm just hoping there isn't a rights movement for this sort of thing. I can understand the want for *** marriage. There are issues such as taxes, getting to see your spouse if they are in the hospital for dire reasons, etc.

What is the purpose of him having it be documented that he is married to Twilight?
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:12 pm

Wade_Wilson wrote:
    Tolvo wrote:https://i.imgur.com/Q9b1YUK.png

I was a bit curious to see what exactly the Bronies think of this man and his situation.

As an outsider I don't really want to say anything or give a view on it, I'm just curious how you guys feel about the idea of someone sending this message to another person in all seriousness.

Hah, what an autist.

^This, is the worst part. Why use this as an insult? I don't think 4chan is a very valid excuse. What the hell is your problem, Wade? Do you not have your own personality? Do you have to copy people on the Internet, especially on a website known for being strange?

Edit: Sorry about the subject change. Back on track:

I don't really think there is a reason to have the marriage documented in any way, since it is just a toy. And I think something like this would be all over the news, more with the popularity laughing at him more than asking why he's married Twilight.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:13 pm

Yeah, it is weird and actually pointless, i don't understand why he made this a real thing other than for "trolling" .

Unless he wants to have an actual marriage that is aknowledged by the government for taxes and such...
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Renegade just let it go. Wade possibly didn't mean it as an insult. He might not have realized the implications. Or he might have just thought it was harmless. Let's just calm down.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:16 pm

I'll try to calm down, Tolvo. But I've had that insult used against me for nearly 20 years. It's not easy to just calm down after hearing it so much, and for someone to say it so casually.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:18 pm

I warned you about keeping this sh!t on 4chan, Wade .
    The People outside of 4chan don't understand the "Jokes" from there and might take offense to that .

Please don't be mad at him Ren, he's just a Kid . A Kid that needs to get his mind washed but a Kid nonetheless .
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 pm

I understand, I really dislike how people use it. I actually find it worse than the term retarded.

Using that as an insult could make sense, since it just means literally the person is slow. It's association with people who have mental handicaps of course spurs an issue. However flat out using Autism or other such problems as an insult can be very offensive. However most people probably just don't realize it. It's similar to using Ga y as an insult.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Marino. wrote:Unless he wants to have an actual marriage that is aknowledged by the government for taxes and such...

I doubt the government would financially support a marriage to a plushie toy.

As for the Wade/Renegade thing (which I think is infinitely more important than that letter you cited, Tolvo) it sounds like a misunderstanding. Wade may have thrown it about as an insult but chances are >0.01% that it was directed at you personally, though I respect your sensitivity re: said insult given your condition. I empathize deeply. Brony Thread - Page 40 3149687655

Tolvo, yes, that letter is odd but is it really any different from anything any other fandom has done before? I know of a guy who wanted to marry his Ducky (that's a true infantile character, moreso than the ponies) plushie from the Land Before Time, keep in mind this was years ago.

And everything Reaper said - co-sign.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:22 pm

Ducky? That's pretty *** up.

I consider that case definitely more unhealthy and possibly dangerous to others. Since that is definitely a child, while a dinosaur, a child.

It also doesn't help that it reminds me of Ducky's voice actor and what happened to her.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:22 pm

No government in the world would recognize a marriage between real and not.
    Did anyone even see those builds I made on pg 65?
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:23 pm

Tolvo wrote:I understand, I really dislike how people use it. I actually find it worse than the term retarded.

Using that as an insult could make sense, since it just means literally the person is slow. It's association with people who have mental handicaps of course spurs an issue. However flat out using Autism or other such problems as an insult can be very offensive. However most people probably just don't realize it. It's similar to using Ga y as an insult.

That's exactly what i was trying to say this whole time lol!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:24 pm

Believe me, it's not so easy to let go of something like that. I thought the period of my life of being insulted for a problem that isn't my fault was over. I will, however, try to ignore Wade the next time he mentions something like that. And he really does need to stop acting like other people do, find his own personality. I've never liked 4chan. I don't really see the appeal to go on it.

Edit: I just saw the posts posted while I was writing this. I understand it won't have been aimed at me personally, but I still take offense to it. And thanks for the understanding on the situation at hand. And I find that someone else wanting to marry a plushie kind of confusing now. As I said before, I no longer know what to make of it.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:26 pm

And also, yes, I did see them, Soris. Good job on trying to relate them to each character. I can't have done any better myself.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:29 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:I've never liked 4chan. I don't really see the appeal to go on it.

I go there frequently .
    There are some cool and intelligent People on there and you can have really good discussions but at the same time it's full of Teens who just want to have their fun at someone else's expense .

It is a double edged Sword .
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:30 pm

And Wade .

Get in here .
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Every time I try to go to 4chan my anti-virus goes nuts. So no.

-------

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=19432

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:54 am