Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
WyrmHero
Forum Pirate
RANT
Rifter7
Joichiro
IV_Mark_VI
Automancer
11 posters

Rant: Trash talk for not being in the SL meta

Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Rant: Trash talk for not being in the SL meta Empty Rant: Trash talk for not being in the SL meta

Post by Automancer Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:00 am

So i've been playing with only SL150~300 pvp and i'm getting so much hatemail after they find out what SL i am. Like i'm a noob for not staying in the meta or i'm salty and griefing other players.

Like, really? So just because i don't conform to the standard meta that i'm a noob? Do i really need to be like every one else to be accepted? Can't i just be myself and play how i want? A least i'm playing fairly and not doing bullsh1t like ganking or griefing.

I'm ranting because i was trashed in one of the livestreams after revealing that i was playing on my SL200 toon. :roll:
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Rant: Trash talk for not being in the SL meta Empty Re: Rant: Trash talk for not being in the SL meta

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:10 am

When you say you "PvP" I'm assuming you wait around to be invaded and are not the invader right? If so, in which area? Forest, Dark Londo or somewhere else?

I think it depends on your build and the area you're hanging out in. For the sake of the discussion I'm going to assume the Burg where the 120 pvp action is (or township). If you're focused at SL200 and pvping 120's, then you have an advantage I think. Unsure how much extra defence you'd have due to weight from a higher END as well as level, but definitely it would be an edge at the least.

Don't think it deserves hatemail though, but to me it'd cheapen wins as you have advantages the other player doesn't.

If you're in Dark Londo or Forest it's fine I think.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Rant: Trash talk for not being in the SL meta Empty Re: Rant: Trash talk for not being in the SL meta

Post by Automancer Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:24 am

I usually play in the Burg or the Forest but yeah, i get invaders around the 120 SL. I thought people once bragged that it wasn't the SL that makes you a good player but your skill? I'm a higher SL mostly because of my End or Vit. I usually play a quality build but i want to have a decent amount of Vit like around 1708. I don't fight cheap because i adapt to their playstyles and patterns yet they complain when i manage to beat some veterans. *facepalm*

My defense is normally around 250~340 range with 1708 HP. I honestly don't see the point of all the hate.

Like, they have shields with WoG, DMB, SLB and all that bullsh1t and i'm just a midroller with no shields and 4 weapons. =/
    Joichiro
    Joichiro
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Joichiro Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:36 am

well... DW don't have a limit to invade higher SL players... so if they are invading i think they accept the possibility that they may come up with a host with higher SL than his/her.

just kill them without hesitation
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Rifter7 Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:08 am

people took serious drawbacks for certain things available at the normal soul levels for pvp when they decided to duel.

do whatever you want... but don't come here ranting about something when you've gone out of your way to broadcast and present something to dark souls players that you'd know would tick them off.

that's like me recording footage of world of warcraft where i ganked lower level characters and sold it to people as true pvp on youtube.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:13 am

if you go to specific places where you know people pvp at levels than you than that's not cool and you know people are gonna let you know they dont like that, go to the foresst or host somewhere where you know people with certain sl pvp at. or if you dont care about what people say just keep hosting where youre hosting.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:18 am

Do whatever you like. You don't need to follow their rules. I maintain that sl 80+ is where is kindof stops mattering anyways. They might be more versatile or have better defense, but you're both (most likely) at 40 in vit/end/damage stat so its not terribly uneven.
    Automancer
    Automancer
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Automancer Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:55 am

Rifter7 wrote:people took serious drawbacks for certain things available at the normal soul levels for pvp when they decided to duel.

do whatever you want... but don't come here ranting about something when you've gone out of your way to broadcast and present something to dark souls players that you'd know would tick them off.

that's like me recording footage of world of warcraft where i ganked lower level characters and sold it to people as true pvp on youtube.

Oh, i'm sorry about that. It's just gotten on my nerves way too often in the past too.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:44 am

The question is, how do YOU feel playing with people that will most likely be underlevel? It's not the same as being a darkmoon since you are mostly looking for duels right. When I'm dueling I like following the rules, and if I know there are some dueling areas where people usually duel at SL 120 then I would feel bad dueling them at a much higher SL. At SL 150 you can have the perfect build, there's nothing else to sacrifice after that SL. At SL 120 there are some sacrifices and you can see all kinds of builds from elementals to hybrids.

People set SL caps for build variety, however some caps are more balanced in terms of build variety. For example at SL 50 the best builds are the elementals/no scaling weapons builds, at SL 100 we see more variety but Dex builds rule this SL since they can get everything due to low equipload. Str builds at 100 have it more difficult to be viable that's why I prefer SL 120. At SL 120 you start to see more hybrids however the hybrids aren't full stat (some have low HP or stop at 30 Faith/Int), but I think SL 120 is the most balanced one. At SL 150 I can make my dream build:

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=130616333581673752

With DSS as backup, yeah DSS at almost full stats haha.

Not saying it's not gonna be fun as hell but after that SL it's hybrid builds paradise lol.

TL; DR: If you're looking for fair duels try SL 120 or 100.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:53 am

People are stupid, especially on sites like Youtube.
    If you get killed by, or manage to kill and get streamed a streamer, you will get trash talked every time. People do that. No reason getting worked up about it.

You should do what you want to do and ignore their rant.

Wanna have SL 200? Go ahead, who's there to say you can't, or to try and stop you?

The SL meta, of 100 and 120 is because it was agreed upon by the users to be a decent level to keep builds original and not having too many points...I think.

The point is that on SL 200, you won't see that much action as you would on lower SL, but as long as you like it you should stick with it.
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:57 pm

@ForumPirate: disagree. SL120 vs SL200; 80 extra points. Put 40 more in END, and 40 more in another damaging stat (faith for WoG maybe). Combined with the extra defence it's definitely an edge. 10 extra units of weight if you're aiming to fast roll is very helpful.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:55 pm

I didn't say the didn't have an edge, that would be flatout wrong most of the time. I don't see it as a big advantage though, especially past 120. With with 4 stats at the diminishing returns point, there's really not going to be a way to deal much more damage. Its either some roll speed or 3 extra unbuffed non counter hits from a kat. An advantage yes, but not a big advantage. (imo)
    Saturday-Saint
    Saturday-Saint
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Saturday-Saint Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:10 pm

"I am twice as powerful as everybody I'm fighting against, why are people upset with me? *** conformists."
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    OrnsteinFanBoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by OrnsteinFanBoy Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm surprised that you're surprised. You're aware that people predominantly PvP at SL120 or lower but choose to go to Sl200 giving yourself an advantage over most people you'll be dueling.

PvP at 120 is the meta because you can't have your cake and eat it. You have to sacrifice something to max out your offensive power, whether it's End, Vit or the ability to cast one has to be given up to max out damage output. This is the standard.

You however are the fat guy in the corner who ate all the cake is wondering why the rest of the people at the party are annoyed at him
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Onion Knight Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:35 pm

Welcome to the internet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:17 pm