Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Sonic Adventure 2 (Our all time favourite childhood game)

Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Sonic Adventure 2 (Our all time favourite childhood game) Empty Sonic Adventure 2 (Our all time favourite childhood game)

Post by Digitalyzed Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm

So, with the not-so recent release of Sonic Adventure 2 in HD for the PC, I was considering purchasing it as I loved that game on the Dreamcast as a child, and on the Gamecube later on.

My problem is, I can only find releases for Steam, which annoys me greatly as I dislike using Steam a good deal.

Does anyone here know of any places I can buy it that aren't Steam-based, or will I have to torrent it?
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Sonic Adventure 2 (Our all time favourite childhood game) Empty Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (Our all time favourite childhood game)

Post by tinypantha Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:44 pm

I haz a topic bout this ;( topc thief
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Sonic Adventure 2 (Our all time favourite childhood game) Empty Re: Sonic Adventure 2 (Our all time favourite childhood game)

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Seeing as how you are on these forums, and as such probably play Dark Souls, that also means you probably have an XBox 360 or a PS3. In which case I ask, why not get it for PSN or XBL?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Through Google I found this, if it is what you are looking for.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/sonic-adventure-2/107006

Even if the Download doesn't entice you, I imagine their shops would carry it too.

I remember enjoying this game quite a bit as a child, especially the Chao raising. Hell, I could probably go back and still get into taking care of those little fellows. The story was a bit generic, but it was a fairly fun experience. Though I never did like the Knuckles/Rouge levels.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:12 pm

Tolvo wrote:Through Google I found this, if it is what you are looking for.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/sonic-adventure-2/107006

Even if the Download doesn't entice you, I imagine their shops would carry it too.

I remember enjoying this game quite a bit as a child, especially the Chao raising. Hell, I could probably go back and still get into taking care of those little fellows. The story was a bit generic, but it was a fairly fun experience. Though I never did like the Knuckles/Rouge levels.

I waste...I mean...spent so much time with the Chao raising happy

I even picked up Sonic Advance so that I could get the special items and Jewel Chao from it big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:23 pm

I was very tempted to as well.

It's always embarrassing the bonds you can make with such things, I remember as a Kid one time I had to get rid of one of my Chaos, and you have to send it away through that machine. I almost cried.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 pm

Tolvo wrote:I was very tempted to as well.

It's always embarrassing the bonds you can make with such things, I remember as a Kid one time I had to get rid of one of my Chaos, and you have to send it away through that machine. I almost cried.

It's the music. It just keeps telling you over and over how "you'll never see them again" and how "it's going to live a life far away" while they force this onto you. It's not fair. Developers OP, Riot plz nerf.
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:11 pm

Thank you all, and now to address everything at once:

@Tinypantha

Sorry Tiny, didn't see you're thread. Was kind of rushed so I just had to get the question out :o

@Reaperfan

I would but I like the option of modding capability on PC without having to go through hell transferring files to and fro and working out what encryption they use.

And yeah, I wasted so many hours of my childhood raising Chao, and so to get to experience it again would be heaven. In my personal opinion this game marked the end of Sonic for me, and I loved every bit of it.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:15 pm

You didn't address me, and I linked a download without steam. sad
    Digitalyzed
    Digitalyzed
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Digitalyzed Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:18 pm

Sorry Tolvo my good man, completely overlooked you. Unfortunately, looking at the details page it says it needs the Steam client to use it sad

Guess I'm bound to an emulator then. I just hope there weren't too many changes made that I'll miss.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:06 pm