Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+37
Nightmare Moon
Sentiel
Zephryl
raecor14
Somayoshi
callipygias
PhlyingDutchman
Akatik
reim0027
Forum Pirate
Dark75Messiah
ErrJon6661
PoofyPhantom
Gowardo
aceluby
theAnimus
Comodreha
LordRevan
Yarxov
Unforseen
Domhnall
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Big Ben
Baynay
xXDaemonarchXx
Eliteknight
GrEeNgObLiN
Pharaun
Robotech
zzCLR2Rzz
Carphil
Soulkrazy
Scudman_Slayer
Godless Servant
ChizFreak
Toastfacekillah
lextune
41 posters

Do you wear the Ring of Favor and Protection?

Poll

Do you wear the Ring of Favor?

[ 57 ]
    Do you wear the Ring of Favor and Protection? I_vote_lcap67%Do you wear the Ring of Favor and Protection? I_vote_rcap [67%] 
    [ 28 ]
    Do you wear the Ring of Favor and Protection? I_vote_lcap33%Do you wear the Ring of Favor and Protection? I_vote_rcap [33%] 

Total Votes: 85
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Do you wear the Ring of Favor and Protection? Empty Do you wear the Ring of Favor and Protection?

Post by lextune Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:29 pm

Pretty straightforward poll. Do you give up the slot and wear the ring?

It is the only way there is in the game to increase the all-important stamina to above the max 160. But would 160 and a stacking of the Mask of the Child and Cloranthy ring be a better choice? What is better; more stamina or a faster regeneration of the stamina you have?
    Toastfacekillah
    Toastfacekillah
    Addicted
    Addicted

Do you wear the Ring of Favor and Protection? Empty Re: Do you wear the Ring of Favor and Protection?

Post by Toastfacekillah Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:32 pm

Yeah I wear it, just mostly for the extra HP. I have a ton of Green blossom if I need faster regen.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Do you wear the Ring of Favor and Protection? Empty Re: Do you wear the Ring of Favor and Protection?

Post by ChizFreak Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:34 pm

I only wear it with pure vit/end build, that uses elemental weapons. In my other builds, the second slot it's used for rings that increase in some way the damage I do with my current main stat i.e bellowing crest ring for int build.
    Godless Servant
    Godless Servant
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Godless Servant Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:35 pm

If I'm playing a new character yes I will wear it so I can hold off putting some extra points into vit and end, once I get my other stats in the nice spot or get two rings I feel I must wear at all times then yeah I'll break it.
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:37 pm

i wear i until i get either the the cloranthy ring or the wolf's ring
    Soulkrazy
    Soulkrazy
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Soulkrazy Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:37 pm

I tried it on my 2nd playthrough and took it off after a while. If you're already high level and planned your stats well, letting go of the ring is easy. and there are better rings to put in your slots that are more useful imo.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:48 pm

I wear this instead of dark wood grain ring
    zzCLR2Rzz
    zzCLR2Rzz
    Casual
    Casual

Post by zzCLR2Rzz Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:52 pm

Yeah it depends on the class, but I do the same, wear it for a while so i can focus stats on other things
    Robotech
    Robotech
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Robotech Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:57 pm

i wear it and love it, no wonder this ring is so imba that they had to make it crack when removed to even up the great stats you get by wearing it
    Pharaun
    Pharaun
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Pharaun Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:12 pm

No. I'm too much of a ring shuffler to wear a ring that will break when I remove it.
    GrEeNgObLiN
    GrEeNgObLiN
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by GrEeNgObLiN Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:14 pm

its one of the best rings in the game
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:28 pm

You think any of the rings gives something better than 20% more health and equip burden, I'd love to hear it. Clothany ring? People waste a ring slot on that when green blossoms are so easy to stack loads of? Pfft....
    xXDaemonarchXx
    xXDaemonarchXx
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by xXDaemonarchXx Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:33 pm

I am currently wearing one of the 3 I have on my faith build.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Just to play devil's advocate here....

....the green blossoms, grass shield, MoC and Cloranthy ring stack.

Ever try using all of them or even a combo of just 3? Your stamina bar fills back up almost instantly.

Is the extra stamina that the RoF provides better than a virtually instant supply of "only" 160?
    Baynay
    Baynay

Post by Baynay Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:21 pm

I'm using the FaP Ring on all my characters, any build, I really can't see where I won't need it at all, and something better than this one. As we can't switch it, I'm using it from start to end of the game, leaving only 1 slot for any change depending on my character build, but most of time, the dark wood grain ring is the second one ...
    Big Ben
    Big Ben
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Big Ben Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 pm

I use it so that I don't have to put as many stats into vit/end and put them into other things.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:29 pm

lextune wrote:Just to play devil's advocate here....

Ever try using all of them or even a combo of just 3? Your stamina bar fills back up almost instantly.

Is the extra stamina that the RoF provides better than a virtually instant supply of "only" 160?

Thanks for posting this otherwise I would post a rage comment.

Don't mess up with the obsessive guy
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:59 pm

it's good till about lvl80. by then you've got the stats for mosts weapons (except heavy weapons like grant) and then you can just push vit and end till 120 or whatever you're personel lvl cap is.
    Domhnall
    Domhnall
    Regular
    Regular

Location : Crosslegged in the Sewers, Occasionally Under a Bridge

Post by Domhnall Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:08 pm

I used to use it, but then when I use it I always forget to go heavy into vit/end, so when I take it off the game becomes 10x harder. It's fun sometimes, but not always.
    Eliteknight
    Eliteknight
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Eliteknight Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:02 am

lextune wrote:Just to play devil's advocate here....

They stack? Really?

Shows what I know I guess. :oops:

Does that stamina regen boost from power within also stack on top of all that? Cause my elementalist toon is a pyromancer.....
    Unforseen
    Unforseen
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Unforseen Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:07 am

It is a great leveling ring but once you get towards your final sl (if its a high level such as 120) then its not really needed as much anymore.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:28 am

I'd rather have the two ring slots so I can use Plate Rings and Havels or Darkwood Grain.
    LordRevan
    LordRevan
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by LordRevan Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:23 am

I Usually use FaP with darkwood grain. Saves points needed for vit/end till later
    Comodreha
    Comodreha

Post by Comodreha Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:13 am

Depends on the build I have but out of all my builds only 1 is currently using it.
    theAnimus
    theAnimus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by theAnimus Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:16 am

I wouldn't be caught dead in mask of the child

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 4:46 pm