Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Carphil
Seignar
sunbro
Sloth9230
wahwah
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
AzureTear
11 posters

Quick Way to Level your SL?

AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Quick Way to Level your SL? Empty Quick Way to Level your SL?

Post by AzureTear Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:39 am

One problem I've been having is trying to get to my optimal soul level 125, on some of my builds without spending a ridiculous amount of time farming souls.

Is there any "most" efficient way of farming souls and leveling SL? Or would it be best to just pvp and get souls that way?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Quick Way to Level your SL? Empty Re: Quick Way to Level your SL?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:40 am

PvP is definitely the fastest way if that's what you're asking.
    wahwah
    wahwah
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wahwah Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:54 am

get the rss and have a high sl summon u so u can kill him, or join the forest hunters, go afk with the ring on ^^
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:35 am

wahwah wrote:get the rss and have a high sl summon u so u can kill him, or join the forest hunters, go afk with the ring on ^^

. . .

Whatever you do, don't listen to this guy.

Pendant is right though, PVP is the best way to Level up fast. Joining the FH's is a probably the fastest way. Just don't go AFK, nobody likes those guys. Hell, just run around and distract the host if you're not confident in your PVP skills; it's better than wasting an invasion slot.
    wahwah
    wahwah
    Regular
    Regular

Post by wahwah Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:11 am

Sloth9230 wrote:
    wahwah wrote:get the rss and have a high sl summon u so u can kill him, or join the forest hunters, go afk with the ring on ^^

. . .

Whatever you do, don't listen to this guy.

Pendant is right though, PVP is the best way to Level up fast. Joining the FH's is a probably the fastest way. Just don't go AFK, nobody likes those guys. Hell, just run around and distract the host if you're not confident in your PVP skills; it's better than wasting an invasion slot.
    and running around distracting and not fight aint a waste of invasion slot?
    afkers u can kill in a sec, ppl running around hiding/not fighting etc ruins the forest pvp alot more than afkers
    sunbro
    sunbro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by sunbro Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:39 am

if you go to the tomb of giants were the skelly babies are equip symbol of avarice and the silver and gold serpent ring

beat up the babies and it wil get you tons of souls and humanity at the same time
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:29 am

I though it was renown fact that following the NPC suicide path in Darkroot Forest was the quickest and most reliable way to farm souls. About 7,000 souls in less than a minute.

Of course, PVP'ing is really the quickest way since the amount of souls you get for killing hosts is equivalent to the souls required for their level up, but that ain't as reliable unless you're a pro invader. The next method is to make contact with some high level player (710) and get a RSS, then kill him. It might be rare, but it saves you 100 hours of farming...
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Lol I did think of the 710 SL player helping, but where would I request that?

Also I'm confident in my pvp skills, but the toon I'm trying to level is the hyper glass cannon dex faith build. So with minimalistic health and the ganking situations I run into, it's a pain in the @ss especially when I don't have weapon buffs yet, nor the dex to max out my damage on my dex weapons. and I always invade high level gankers for some reason.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:55 pm

a risky way but fun its to host dark anor londo. Kill Gwynevere, stack tons of poise, go to the rotating bridge and just stunlock everyone to death.

Its fun because you will kill a lot, but still there are those good darkmooners who can buff and kill you in 3 hits
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Carphil wrote:a risky way but fun its to host dark anor londo. Kill Gwynevere, stack tons of poise, go to the rotating bridge and just stunlock everyone to death.

Its fun because you will kill a lot, but still there are those good darkmooners who can buff and kill you in 3 hits

But if I did that on the build i'm trying to level right now, I would be killed in like 3 or 4 hits from an unbuffed weapon since I'm keeping base vit at 10 lol.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:08 pm

AzureTear wrote:
    Carphil wrote:a risky way but fun its to host dark anor londo. Kill Gwynevere, stack tons of poise, go to the rotating bridge and just stunlock everyone to death.

But if I did that on the build i'm trying to level right now, I would be killed in like 3 or 4 hits from an unbuffed weapon since I'm keeping base vit at 10 lol.

oh right I forgot to read that you're a glass cannon. Well that may be a problem. Try to forest anyway, theres a lot of space to move, and pray so you can get a 2 vs 2 against a very leveled host
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:46 pm

Carphil wrote:
    AzureTear wrote:

oh right I forgot to read that you're a glass cannon. Well that may be a problem. Try to forest anyway, theres a lot of space to move, and pray so you can get a 2 vs 2 against a very leveled host

Yeah I can usually hold my own, although it's annoying when I get taken out since I misroll once against a WoG spammer ganking me. But then again it is a miss-roll.

Sigh I wish there was a way to consistently invade non-ganking high SL ppl, at least until I can get my faith up high enough so I can use my weapon buffs silly, still SL 60~, almost have 30 faith, Got a +15 balder swag, got red tearstone, power within, WoG

Now all I need is dragon form and sanctis plus more dex and faith lol.
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:14 pm

The Painted World Farming method is really nice. Found out today, Just run up to the statue with all the shield things and use a AoE pyro or miracle, 7k souls per run and takes like 20 seconds so you basically make enough souls in like 5 minutes to level once or twice if your approx. SL 60~. Going to spam that till I'm high enough SL to pvp effectively, then i'll switch out and pvp my way to lv 125.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:16 pm

AzureTear wrote:The Painted World Farming method is really nice. Found out today, Just run up to the statue with all the shield things and use a AoE pyro or miracle, 7k souls per run and takes like 20 seconds so you basically make enough souls in like 5 minutes to level once or twice if your approx. SL 60~. Going to spam that till I'm high enough SL to pvp effectively, then i'll switch out and pvp my way to lv 125.

Equip Silver Serpent Ring and Symbol of Avarice to speed things up.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 pm

Never tried that method, but isn't there a likeliness of you getting speared to death before you pull it off...or even not killing them all with 1 cast?
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:27 pm

They don't react until you're close and it takes them a while to turn. 4 great firballs should kill/all most of them. But killing them with 1 cast is pretty much impossible, unless you can find a way to get in the middle and have enough pose to get a WOG off... without dying.
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Seignar wrote:Never tried that method, but isn't there a likeliness of you getting speared to death before you pull it off...or even not killing them all with 1 cast?

Nope, tried it 10 times, each run took like 20 seconds or less, you have to unlock the shortcut though, and when you run up it takes a good 5 seconds before they aggro you, since i'm a faith user I just spam WoG, I usually get all of them with the first one but if I don't the 2nd one gets every one of them.

Where do you get silver serpant ring? And symbol of avarice requires you too have visited a lot of areas that I haven't yet.
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Sloth9230 Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:00 am

the silver ring requires Tomb of the giants. You have to drop next to the corpse by the archer across from the 2nd skeleton beast. Symbol of Avarice is a matter of luck, but I think you can force the mimics to drop it by spamming lloyd's talisman.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:58 am

Farming is so boring though. The best ways, for me, are either:

- PvP
    - Speed-running NG+

If you're good at PvP, it's a great way to make a lot of souls. Invading isn't the best, though, since you get much fewer souls per kill. It's great when you get those random hosts that give 200k, 500k, 800k+ souls at once, but they're quite rare. Hosting, though, you can make a lot of souls fast. Only problem with PvPing for souls is that it's so inconsistent. Sometimes you'll get tons of souls really fast, other times you won't get very many. If you want a reliable way to level fast, PvE is better.

Speed-running through NG and NG+ (kill only the bosses, get to and through them as fast as possible, keep running!), you can get to SL120 about mid-way through NG+ and it only takes a few hours. Problem with this is it's more annoying getting all your gear together once you're in NG+, so it takes a bit of planning to get your gear and level up at the same time while running through the game as fast as possible. I'd recommend making a short checklist of the things you absolutely need to get in NG, and those you want and that can only be obtained once per playthrough, then get the rest once you're done leveling in NG+.

Having said all that, if you're keeping your Vit at base, then out of the two I'd definitely recommend hosting! You can farm until you've got the minimum gear to be able to kill invaders (do what sunbro said: serpent rings, skele-babies, that way you'll get souls and humanities, which you'll both need), and after that just host PvP.
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:42 am

BLA1NE wrote:Farming is so boring though. The best ways, for me, are either:

- PvP
    - Speed-running NG+

If you're good at PvP, it's a great way to make a lot of souls. Invading isn't the best, though, since you get much fewer souls per kill. It's great when you get those random hosts that give 200k, 500k, 800k+ souls at once, but they're quite rare. Hosting, though, you can make a lot of souls fast. Only problem with PvPing for souls is that it's so inconsistent. Sometimes you'll get tons of souls really fast, other times you won't get very many. If you want a reliable way to level fast, PvE is better.

Speed-running through NG and NG+ (kill only the bosses, get to and through them as fast as possible, keep running!), you can get to SL120 about mid-way through NG+ and it only takes a few hours. Problem with this is it's more annoying getting all your gear together once you're in NG+, so it takes a bit of planning to get your gear and level up at the same time while running through the game as fast as possible. I'd recommend making a short checklist of the things you absolutely need to get in NG, and those you want and that can only be obtained once per playthrough, then get the rest once you're done leveling in NG+.

Having said all that, if you're keeping your Vit at base, then out of the two I'd definitely recommend hosting! You can farm until you've got the minimum gear to be able to kill invaders (do what sunbro said: serpent rings, skele-babies, that way you'll get souls and humanities, which you'll both need), and after that just host PvP.

True, skele bab farming is the way to go, except I absolutely despise going through the Tomb of Giants, even when it's not bad I like seeing things lol, and since I have no light source other then the skele lantern which takes up my shield slot (which is bad since dodging in the tomb of giants usually gets you falling to your death).

Hosting with base vit, is actually quite annoying as a lucky hit can kill me, and I simply don't have the humanity to restore the humanity I would lose. Hence the reason why I need to farm baby skele, I have to go there anyway to get Sanctis from LEEEEROY! Quick Way to Level your SL? 639795459

But I hate traveling through there QQ

Last edited by AzureTear on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:43 am

Sloth9230 wrote:They don't react until you're close and it takes them a while to turn. 4 great firballs should kill/all most of them. But killing them with 1 cast is pretty much impossible, unless you can find a way to get in the middle and have enough pose to get a WOG off... without dying.

Um no I have pulled off killing all of them with 1 WoG, so its not impossible. I just run straight up in front of them and WoG, usually if one survives its the one that was directly in front facing me with shield up, or the one at the very back, when I don't get close enough.
    ryan0wens
    ryan0wens
    Casual
    Casual

Post by ryan0wens Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:53 am

The painted world is definitely a great place to farm outside of pvp, i managed to get 2.1m souls in an hour on my 4th or 5th playthrough.
    WoG becomes useless on them by that point though, but chaos firestorm/ fire tempest does the job pretty well
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:02 am

AzureTear wrote:True, skele bab farming is the way to go, except I absolutely despise going through the Tomb of Giants, even when it's not bad I like seeing things lol, and since I have no light source other then the skele lantern which takes up my shield slot (which is bad since dodging in the tomb of giants usually gets you falling to your death).
    You should make a quick detour through Lost Izalith first and get the Sunlight Maggot. No need to dodge when you can just run by everything! (That's pretty much the whole game right there... silly)
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:09 am

BLA1NE wrote:
    AzureTear wrote:True, skele bab farming is the way to go, except I absolutely despise going through the Tomb of Giants, even when it's not bad I like seeing things lol, and since I have no light source other then the skele lantern which takes up my shield slot (which is bad since dodging in the tomb of giants usually gets you falling to your death).
    You should make a quick detour through Lost Izalith first and get the Sunlight Maggot. No need to dodge when you can just run by everything! (That's pretty much the whole game right there... silly)

Lol guess I gotta search up Lost Izalith run videos now. Well I wanted to kill Solaire for his armor and Tailsman anyway, for testing purposes. Quick Way to Level your SL? 2905764326
    AzureTear
    AzureTear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by AzureTear Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:11 am

ryan0wens wrote:The painted world is definitely a great place to farm outside of pvp, i managed to get 2.1m souls in an hour on my 4th or 5th playthrough.
    WoG becomes useless on them by that point though, but chaos firestorm/ fire tempest does the job pretty well

True I was just about to mention I would recommend those pyromancies over WoG but you beat me to it.

Although I do think I'll still be able to beat them with WoG since I'm a hyper glass cannon. I'll simply Power Within, Wear crown of dusk with miracle rings and WoG ^.^

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:42 pm