Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
JY4answer
PPG-3-
Yesuurd
strangejoy
8 posters

Losing my soul(s)

strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Losing my soul(s) Empty Losing my soul(s)

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 am

Does anyone know of a way to quickly dispose of my souls without also losing my humanity? I think I've already maxed out on most of the expensive consumables (lightning bolts, twinkling ttnite, dragonslayer arrows, purging stones, dung, green blossoms, red orbs, etc.), so that's not an option. I also don't want to level.

Fyi, I'd like to do this to see if it alters the amount of souls that my opponents get for killing me.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Losing my soul(s) Empty Re: Losing my soul(s)

Post by Yesuurd Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:49 am

strangejoy wrote:Does anyone know of a way to quickly dispose of my souls without also losing my humanity? I think I've already maxed out on most of the expensive consumables (lightning bolts, twinkling ttnite, dragonslayer arrows, purging stones, dung, green blossoms, red orbs, etc.), so that's not an option. I also don't want to level.

Fyi, I'd like to do this to see if it alters the amount of souls that my opponents get for killing me.

and how many souls would that be on you? curious post...
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Yesuurd wrote:
    strangejoy wrote:Does anyone know of a way to quickly dispose of my souls without also losing my humanity? I think I've already maxed out on most of the expensive consumables (lightning bolts, twinkling ttnite, dragonslayer arrows, purging stones, dung, green blossoms, red orbs, etc.), so that's not an option. I also don't want to level.

and how many souls would that be on you? curious post...

About 4.5 million.
    PPG-3-
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by PPG-3- Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:10 pm

what level are you?

you can buy me 999 moonlight arrows if your in the mood winking
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:18 pm

Buy 99 twinkling titanite, dump it, repeat. They are the priciest thing to buy, and can dump all in one go, unlike weapons where you have to dump one by one.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:19 pm

PPG-3- wrote:what level are you?

you can buy me 999 moonlight arrows if your in the mood winking

Lol, that only sets me back 500K, right? Anyway, I'll be a sport. SL125, psn. I'll be online (psn: Eight_Way_Santa) at about 9:30 est tonight. Any hard humanity or dragon scales would be appreciated.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:19 pm

JY4answer wrote:Buy 99 twinkling titanite, dump it, repeat. They are the priciest thing to buy, and can dump all in one go, unlike weapons where you have to dump one by one.

Excellent idea. Thank you, sir.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:22 pm

NO!!!!!!!! upgrades man! try out buying all kinds of titanite and upgrade every piece of armor, weapons, shields, I have made it my goal to have almost everything attainable in this game and I have spent millions on it since I don't want to level.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:25 pm

Yesuurd wrote:NO!!!!!!!! upgrades man! try out buying all kinds of titanite and upgrade every piece of armor, weapons, shields, I have made it my goal to have almost everything attainable in this game and I have spent millions on it since I don't want to level.

I've upgraded so much crap already. Anyway, I'm having some second thoughts about just dumping souls. I've set up a red orb exchange in the trading section. I assume some people will want to buy red orbs. I always seem to be short on them when I'm not a DW.
    callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by callipygias Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Don't forget to max-out 99 of the items you use (like green blossoms and such) in your BB as well so you're holding 198 of each.
    JY4answer
    JY4answer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JY4answer Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:42 pm

callipygias wrote:Don't forget to max-out 99 of the items you use (like green blossoms and such) in your BB as well so you're holding 198 of each.

I'm pretty sure all PvPers do that already.
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:44 pm

I do not believe the amount of souls you have has anything to do with how many someone gets for killing you.

I have done a little experimenting with it myself. I had over 500,000 souls and the guy that killed me got 2000 and change, I went and spent nearly all of it, went back and invaded him again, and he got the exact same amount.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:50 pm

lextune wrote:I do not believe the amount of souls you have has anything to do with how many someone gets for killing you.

I have done a little experimenting with it myself. I had over 500,000 souls and the guy that killed me got 2000 and change, I went and spent nearly all of it, went back and invaded him again, and he got the exact same amount.

there you go...
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:54 pm

After thousands of invasions I am pretty sure that the amount of souls you get has to do with level differences.

If I invade a much higher level than myself and take him out I get a boatload of souls. If I beat someone only a few levels higher I only get a few thousand souls.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:57 pm

I hate the guys who hide in the forest but yesterday I found one, he just stood there like an idiot using his fog ring, that sucker gave me 855k when I killed him can you believe that?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Use your souls to upgrade weapons along the many paths and help fill out the wiki :O
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:26 pm

I agree that the soul level theory seems consistent with most pvp experience. However, it doesn't seem to explain everything. For instance, two hosts that killed me in the forest each reported that they got 200K souls from me. I'm SL125, so they should have only received a fraction of 99,180, which is the price required to level up from SL124 to SL125. I've also heard of people getting enormous quantities of souls (several million) in ways that don't match up with the soul level theory.

My suspicion is that hosts might receive the greater of (1) a derivative of soul level; and (2) a derivative of held souls. Lextune, perhaps 500K is not enough to active #2.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:40 pm

lextune wrote:After thousands of invasions I am pretty sure that the amount of souls you get has to do with level differences.

If I invade a much higher level than myself and take him out I get a boatload of souls. If I beat someone only a few levels higher I only get a few thousand souls.

I'm very sure that it's not by level difference but by level itself. If you kill a Lvl 120, either while being 60 or 120 you will get the same amount of souls.
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Whknight wrote:Use your souls to upgrade weapons along the many paths and help fill out the wiki :O

Hmmm... I can upgrade twinkling ttnite items, but it looks like you guys really need people with chunks and slabs. Am I wrong?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:26 pm

True, I'm not certain how many different items using twinking are complete. If you want to do a look through and fill any of those in that may be missing it would be greatly appreciated ^^
    strangejoy
    strangejoy
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by strangejoy Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:27 pm

Whknight wrote:True, I'm not certain how many different items using twinking are complete. If you want to do a look through and fill any of those in that may be missing it would be greatly appreciated ^^

Will do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:33 pm