Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Demo - IT'S TOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! (PS3)

ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Demo - IT'S TOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! (PS3) Empty Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Demo - IT'S TOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! (PS3)

Post by ChizFreak Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Oh my god, it's so awesome and so fun, and the boss fight was extremely hard for me haha, took me like 5 tries to kill the darn thing. You guys gotta play it! I see the best big hack-n-slash action/adventure game since the God of War series.
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Demo - IT'S TOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! (PS3) Empty Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Demo - IT'S TOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! (PS3)

Post by IceIfrit666 Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:14 pm

I've played the xbox disc demo, not sure if it's different from the downloaded demo but this game is amazing.
    There are so many ways to kill soldiers. My two favorites are:
    Knighting- Cut off both legs then the arms. Leave them, cut them vertically in half, or decapitate. It's a Monty Python reference.
    Cucumber- Start at the legs and chop horizontally. Move up to cut or let them fall into the sword's path.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Demo - IT'S TOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! (PS3) Empty Re: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Demo - IT'S TOO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! (PS3)

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Really? I was quite confused at the whole thing, it has no form of dodging so combat is just odd and it seems as though it wants you to stealth, yet you can't effectively stealth around the place. Also blade mode seems unnecessarily awkward. It does seem like a good game, but I can't quite get what the game is aiming at.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:Really? I was quite confused at the whole thing, it has no form of dodging so combat is just odd and it seems as though it wants you to stealth, yet you can't effectively stealth around the place. Also blade mode seems unnecessarily awkward. It does seem like a good game, but I can't quite get what the game is aiming at.

You're supposed to run from opponents when you want to dodge an attack but you're aren't in combat, and while you can't dodge in combat in the normal way, pressing Square at the right during a combat does a roll in the wished direction and follow up attack. Plus if you press Square while facing your opponent just before your opponent's attack hits you can make a parry and a counter attack.

No stealth at all what do you mean lol, only stealth function is that you can go up behind someone and press Circle to kill them instantly, and it only works against common Cyborgs. And it's very easy given they are not facing your direction. You can even run behind them and do it, they won't even notice, this is not a stealth game man, you got it completely wrong, looks like indeed as you said, you didn't get the game at all lol

PS: The Katana Mode works great, it's true that it's annoying that sometimes when you activate it the camera automatically looks other way instead of where you're facing, but it's very intituive to use and nice. You're supposed to do combos with it. Just activate it and spam combinations of Square and Triangle and you're good to go. Though you need to cut specific parts of the dying opponent in order to extract his fluids and be healed up and have the katana mode bar recharged, that's when you need to use the analogue stick to be precise with the cuts. As I said, it seems you didn't "get" the point of the game.
    Hydreigon11
    Hydreigon11
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Hydreigon11 Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:54 pm

^ Ah right, I just got a little confused when I saw the out of blade mode combat, I though blade mode was redundant. Also the exclamation mark above an enemy's head made me think it was supposed to be stealthy. I'll need to replay the demo to get a better impression of the game. Thanks for the explanation.
    ChizFreak
    ChizFreak
    Revived
    Revived

Post by ChizFreak Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Hydreigon11 wrote:^ Ah right, I just got a little confused when I saw the out of blade mode combat, I though blade mode was redundant. Also the exclamation mark above an enemy's head made me think it was supposed to be stealthy. I'll need to replay the demo to get a better impression of the game. Thanks for the explanation.

Don't worry man, but as I said, don't play it "stealthy", this is a game of action and beat them up, like Bayonetta, or Devil May Cry games, but with more focus on a cinematic "spectacularity" with fits wonderfully the game and Metal Gear. Also if I'm not mistaken, the developers are the same of Bayonetta, so it's supposed to be a very hard game too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 12:17 am