Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Coryf2209
Serious_Much
Icegodzilla
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Acarnatia
Emergence
Tolvo
DoughGuy
ViralEnsign_
Steel Dragon74
twilightwarwolf
vatar5
Ahhotep1
BeeSeaEss
Hydreigon11
The Letter X
Soris Ice Goldwing
21 posters

Anyone want an all out covenant war?

Poll

Do you want an all out war?

[ 15 ]
    Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap71%Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [71%] 
    [ 6 ]
    Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 3 I_vote_lcap29%Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [29%] 

Total Votes: 21
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone want an all out covenant war?

Post by Steel Dragon74 Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:20 am

How about this
    1 point for killing a random
    5 points for killing someone in a rival cov
    10 points for killing one of a leaders bodyguard
    50 points for killing a cov leader
    -5 points for teamkills
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 3 Empty Re: Anyone want an all out covenant war?

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:26 am

Steel Dragon74 wrote:How about this
    -5 points for teamkills

It could work though the last one might need work. Which reminds me that I still need a way to get involved with more than one cov in this. I'm thinking of some ideas but I doubt it will bring anything but confusion.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:36 am

I like that you can cast your vote for both "yes" and "no." silly

As for the idea, I like it. Provided people can keep things in perspective.
    vatar5
    vatar5
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by vatar5 Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:59 am

What about a cov hosts a global tournament?

Anyone can join to make his/her covenant champion.

And it may be possible that because X from Y cov lost,all members from Y starts massive invasion because the tournament is bulls***!

Just throwing ideas...
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:37 pm

Steel Dragon74 wrote:How about this
    -5 points for teamkills
    what about draws would they just be worth 0 ?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Hows about you guys just forget the score and go fight club style, but make it covenant themed? Just mass invasions and coops and hoping you run into everyone on the forum. It really is just the way forward.

All the fun of the war without the douchey bragging rights that came along with the scoring systems (that are insanely hard to get right on top of that)

I don't get why everyone wants scoring in a war, as noone really 'wins', people just get killed and kill other people, sometimes fighting the same people over and over, not realistic right? Just forget the score and pin one cov against another for fun's sake, thats what it's for right?
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:21 pm

well maybe no scoring but i do like the idea of hunting an enemy covs leaders. also on sl ranges i think 100 or 120 would be the best two in my opinion
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:47 pm

Sorry I'm late had family matters to take care of. I wasn't even planning on having a scoring system for this and Serious_Much is right that scoring systems do bring the douchery bragging rights, which I do not want. The only idea I could think of doing that would involve giving 1 point to the one who kills a covenant leader. The one with the most kills of each covenant would have been chosen to represent their covenant and well take on the Pantheon. But since they don't get involved in these. How I'm going to end this is going to be hard.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:Sorry I'm late had family matters to take care of. I wasn't even planning on having a scoring system for this and Serious_Much is right that scoring systems do bring the douchery bragging rights, which I do not want. The only idea I could think of doing that would involve giving 1 point to the one who kills a covenant leader. The one with the most kills of each covenant would have been chosen to represent their covenant and well take on the Pantheon. But since they don't get involved in these. How I'm going to end this is going to be hard.
    seems like a good way to do it. maybe it ends after a certain time say an hour or two and the team with the most leader kills wins? idk just throwing ideas out there
    Coryf2209
    Coryf2209
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Coryf2209 Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:12 pm

I love how this is going, Soris, and I do agree with members getting a point for killing a leader of another cov. We could all go in a chat room. This one, maybe? Maybe we COULD make it so that whatever covenant wins would go on to fight the Pantheon. Since points are only awarded for killing a cov leader, there theoretically shouldn't be too much of a difference between the scores of at least most of the covenants, so there likely wouldn't be much bragging, and whatever there is, only minor. The scores could be recorded by a neutral third party, like someone from the Pantheon, while they're waiting for the winner to arise and face them.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:34 pm

what thes pathenon?
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:46 pm

Seeing silence here always distrubes me for some reason... Anyhow I came up with a rough draft of the war. It's not the final one and anything can be changed if I see the reasons to. Highlight the part you have questions too, and I'll see what can be done.

Target: the covenant leaders and their second in command to the other systems.

Time: 7PM EST is the hour for people to get any last minute preparations and planning done. At 8Pm EST is when the call goes off and you head out to fight. As for how long is up to debate as with day.

Areas: You will head into the area of the covenant's leader you will face HQ.

Method of invasion: Any method is fine.

SL: 100 because I think this can draw the most of your abilities.

Rules: I'm sticking to the majority of what I posted before. However I'm banning the Hornet ring.

Combat: You will fight by the rules stated in the covenant you are a member to. I'm not being detailed nor nagging anyone but don't spam spells, chain backstabbs etc. You all get the idea.

Leaders: You will need to create a build that best represents your covenant and keep it secret to your most trusted ranks. I want to keep some secrecy and ensure that you will not face anyone with a build designed to take out anyone specificly. Before it begins depending on how many people will be involved you will work on a strategy with your members. This includes: Choosing 1 or 2 members to guard you or going solo. Decide who goes after which covenant leader and, if enough are involved create a strike team. This one is deabateable: If you want you can have a member be a discration and draw the invader to that member instead of you.

Switching sides: I realized early that members of one covenant are members with another. So I think at some point, perhaps an hour in there will be a 10 minute break which, members can switch to another covenant their allied too. Depending on length this may be done once or twice.

Scoring: Two options: A: None at all. or which might new B: Since the leaders and their seconds are the targets only 1 point will be awarded to the covenant who killed them. i.e. if an Exile kills the leader to the darkstalkers/fallen 1 point to the Exiles.

Okay thats it for the moment. Also it would likely be better to have an respected and known member of the forum or two sponsor this. Only because I'm still unknown and trying something that might be a little out of my league to attempt.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:48 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:what thes pathenon?

....blasphemy.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:51 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:what thes pathenon?

The ones who run the forum. Why do they a covenant to them? Why the hell not, is my best guess. Also when a person says no to the poll can I have a reason?
    dancash1808
    dancash1808
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by dancash1808 Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:24 pm

I didnt say no, but I'd guess its a combination of the fact its a pain to organise. can turn kinda nasty and can also flop if the timing is bad.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:31 pm

dancash1808 wrote:I didnt say no, but I'd guess its a combination of the fact its a pain to organise. can turn kinda nasty and can also flop if the timing is bad.

Which is what I fear may happen if I don't ask for help. I want this to be good and fun to people but, putting writing into action only works right if a group effort is made.
    Steel Dragon74
    Steel Dragon74
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Steel Dragon74 Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:25 am

Looks good so far Soris a few tweeks and you should be ready to find a date and then send us all out to kill eachother
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Alright I think I have just about everything done for this! However I do need to double check everthing to see if and I'm missing anything. There are two major issues I need help solving. The first is communication: I'm an xbox player so I have no idea how chats on the psn work, and since the xbox verison doesn't allow a party, I'm going to need ideas for the xbox. The second is the date. Since it seems like some old covenants are coming back I'm holding off the date to allow time for their leaders to rebuild. If you are one of those leaders and are interested please ask for anything that can be done to include your covenant in this.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Skype. Use skype. PSN chat sucks hairy balls.
    Icegodzilla
    Icegodzilla
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Icegodzilla Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:24 pm

Skype, wiki chat, or the forum chat if we are granted permission. that's the best i think we can do
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Skpe: I have never used that and doubt every xbox user can use that. Wiki and forum...yeah that's the admins choice, which I doubt for the moment unless this brings a crowd of people interested in this.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm

My, my it seems like things are getting busy in this section!happy Well I think I'm just about done with everything minus some small matters. The only things left would be the xbox side of communication. I think Dough has the right idea for Skype on the psn side. The two are the dates which I'm considering to be the 23 -24 of febuary or the 1-2 of march. Once that is out of the way I'll make a thread and start looking for covenant leaders to join. If I could get three or four to join that will be enough to start. But repiticion(?) is the death of these thing so the more the merrier!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:35 pm

IF I COULD MAKE A SUGGESTION!

You could always request the use of a built in chatbox like the one that will be employed by the mod team on this site during the ceaseless assault....

That or you can simply use the chatroom/chatbox that is on the wiki, and I can help drunkenly govern (Censor) your inevitably rowdy chatter.. lol!

Seriously though, chatbox is available to all long as you've got computers (I presume you all do), and you can just set a temporary name if you dont wanna sign up permanently (but you will twisted )
    dantheman123
    dantheman123
    Addicted
    Addicted

Anyone want an all out covenant war? - Page 3 Empty The Descended

Post by dantheman123 Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:11 pm

If i can find some followers for my new covenent we will be in big grin
    i like chaos!
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:21 pm

dantheman123 wrote:If i can find some followers for my new covenent we will be in big grin
    i like chaos!

Great! Seems like a lot is going on at the moment with new covenants and several people reviving others. Always a good thing! Also Serious I think a chatbox would have to be used for this on the xbox people. Though I got to see what happens to the covenant thread before I start doing anything. Can't draw hype if I have no means to fullfill it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:10 am