Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+30
Kirk-Barb
Walter_White
CappuccinoJak
Coryf2209
GrinTwist
BLA1NE
reim0027
Forum Pirate
Z3r0Fear
Jiub of Carim
Yukon
Carphil
Sloth9230
WandererReece
Soris Ice Goldwing
Myztyrio
Kyōkai
Sentiel
sure-magicians
Astardbay
jaythibodeau
TehInfamousAmos
GenericUsername
PlasticandRage
kazumoshi
Tolvo
lextune
The Letter X
Rifter7
Ocule
34 posters

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.-

Ocule
    Ocule

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- Empty My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.-

Post by Ocule Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Just a short rant, im so sick of retarded hosts when they get invaded. They blunder through every doorway and and corner without even checking whats behind it or having their shield up. If they dont immediately see the phantom then they pretend like he is not even freakin there. I as the white phantom usually try to hunt him down if i can i mean *** if you are invaded pick a defendable room and wait if you dont care to kill him. He will either get bored and leave or will get impatient and die. Either way you dont get fireballed off a *** ledge or backstabbed when you enter a room. Or even better, camping out behind a bunch of creatures waiting for an easy backstab. Next point, red phantoms, *** seriously **** tactics. They are immune to aggro from creatures that is just low. So lurking around in every ambush spot waiting for an easy backstab, i mean hell they should at least have to watch out from pissing off creatures.

If i am a white or gold phantom this is what i want my host to do, the invasion message appears. 1) Shield up around every corner, or roll and visually check.
    2) Check around corners before proceeding and if you must open a door, open and roll back immediately.
    3)Proceed an area free of creatures that might kill you during a pvp encounter or follow me to one, (Such as the rooftop of anor londo or the bridge area after they are cleared of creatures, if he isnt already up on the room it wouldnt take much to clear it yourself)
    4)WAIT! DO NOT GO RUNNING AROUND LET HIM TO COME TO YOU!

Once you SEE the red phantom:
    1)Do not engage him alone, unless you both have agreed to a dual via /bow.
    2)DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !CHASE! THE PHANTOM, 9/10 TIMES HE WILL BE TRYING TO LURE YOU INTO A TRAP AND HE IS IMMUNE TO MONSTER AGGRESSION, YOU ARE NOT!
    3)If the battle is 3 vs 1, let your summoned phantoms do the fighting unless you are confident you wont die. Remember if you die, we all lose. And we as white phantoms have a lot less to lose from death.
    4) Always flank him and try to keep him surrounded, go for the backstab or spell to his backside each time where he cant block.

For red phantoms:
    1) if you wait on a ledge where the host must proceed to ambush him with a fireball or kick him off the edge, you are ****. So *** you.
    2)Seriously, running through the level trying to aggro monsters onto your opponent is also *** stupid.
    3) and running twinks with stupidly higher level equipment than your own is also stupid (for low level pvp)
    4) the only time ambushing/hit and run tactics are okay are when all 3 players are currently trying to kill you. But camping out on a spot just to gank the host is a cheap shot.
    5)if you are outnumbered, its okay to go and summon help.

Anyways, rant over.
    Rifter7
    Rifter7
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- Empty Re: My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.-

Post by Rifter7 Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:24 pm

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 3358384175
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- Empty Re: My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.-

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:31 pm

Well What is it
    lextune
    lextune
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by lextune Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:34 pm

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 4174989374
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:38 pm

:dragon-eye:
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Prostration
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:52 pm

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 932657698
    GenericUsername
    GenericUsername
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by GenericUsername Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:07 pm

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 932657698My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 932657698My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 932657698My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 932657698My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 932657698My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 932657698
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Look Skyward

'F'cking Aslan!'
    jaythibodeau
    jaythibodeau
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by jaythibodeau Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:11 pm

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 3378427106 My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 3378427106 My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 3378427106 My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 3378427106 My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 3378427106
    Praise the Sun
    Astardbay
    Astardbay
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Astardbay Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:14 pm

:pendant:
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:28 pm

click it...
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:29 pm

:mask-averice:
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:40 pm

Ocule wrote: They blunder through every doorway and and corner without even checking whats behind it or having their shield up. If they dont immediately see the phantom then they pretend like he is not even freakin there.

Some might call this being new to the game or being inexperienced, I bet you voted yourself a Grandmaster in the 'Are you a Master of Dark Souls' thread, well newsflash, we all have to start somewhere...
    kazumoshi
    kazumoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by kazumoshi Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:44 pm

Ocule wrote:Just a short rant, im so sick of retarded hosts when they get invaded. They blunder through every doorway and and corner without even checking whats behind it or having their shield up. If they dont immediately see the phantom then they pretend like he is not even freakin there. I as the white phantom usually try to hunt him down if i can i mean *** if you are invaded pick a defendable room and wait if you dont care to kill him. He will either get bored and leave or will get impatient and die. Either way you dont get fireballed off a *** ledge or backstabbed when you enter a room. Or even better, camping out behind a bunch of creatures waiting for an easy backstab. Next point, red phantoms, *** seriously **** tactics. They are immune to aggro from creatures that is just low. So lurking around in every ambush spot waiting for an easy backstab, i mean hell they should at least have to watch out from pissing off creatures.

If i am a white or gold phantom this is what i want my host to do, the invasion message appears. 1) Shield up around every corner, or roll and visually check.
    2) Check around corners before proceeding and if you must open a door, open and roll back immediately.
    3)Proceed an area free of creatures that might kill you during a pvp encounter or follow me to one, (Such as the rooftop of anor londo or the bridge area after they are cleared of creatures, if he isnt already up on the room it wouldnt take much to clear it yourself)
    4)WAIT! DO NOT GO RUNNING AROUND LET HIM TO COME TO YOU!

Once you SEE the red phantom:
    1)Do not engage him alone, unless you both have agreed to a dual via /bow.
    2)DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES !CHASE! THE PHANTOM, 9/10 TIMES HE WILL BE TRYING TO LURE YOU INTO A TRAP AND HE IS IMMUNE TO MONSTER AGGRESSION, YOU ARE NOT!
    3)If the battle is 3 vs 1, let your summoned phantoms do the fighting unless you are confident you wont die. Remember if you die, we all lose. And we as white phantoms have a lot less to lose from death.
    4) Always flank him and try to keep him surrounded, go for the backstab or spell to his backside each time where he cant block.

For red phantoms:
    1) if you wait on a ledge where the host must proceed to ambush him with a fireball or kick him off the edge, you are ****. So *** you.
    2)Seriously, running through the level trying to aggro monsters onto your opponent is also *** stupid.
    3) and running twinks with stupidly higher level equipment than your own is also stupid (for low level pvp)
    4) the only time ambushing/hit and run tactics are okay are when all 3 players are currently trying to kill you. But camping out on a spot just to gank the host is a cheap shot.
    5)if you are outnumbered, its okay to go and summon help.

Anyways, rant over.

TL;DR = New players are bad and should feel bad.
    Kyōkai
    Kyōkai
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Kyōkai Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:45 pm

:mask-child:

Wait, what?
    Aw, am I too late?
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Oswald himself is on his way to formally make the gesture in person...
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:55 pm

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 639795459
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:57 pm

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 2707236321How did I get here late?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:05 pm

sure-magicians wrote:Oswald himself is on his way to formally make the gesture in person...
    He's here!:
    Sloth9230
    Sloth9230
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Location : In the Forest, casting the spells that make the gankers fall down

Post by Sloth9230 Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:25 pm

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- Bmwhat11
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:35 pm

Sloth9230 wrote:My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- Bmwhat11

lol!
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:37 pm

I'm grabbing a cold one, this is great stuff!!!
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:39 pm

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 4037-55

You forgot to animate. My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 2707236321
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:40 pm

WandererReece wrote:

My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 4037-55

You forgot to animate. My rant about red phantoms! and stupid hosts -.- 2707236321

He's giving a thumbs up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 01, 2024 3:14 am