Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Nightmare Moon
dsg78gaming
jankenneth_10
7 posters

I regret this decision immediately

jankenneth_10
    jankenneth_10
    Casual
    Casual

I regret this decision immediately Empty I regret this decision immediately

Post by jankenneth_10 Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:58 am

This thing started when i obtained ornstein's soul.

I made the dragonslayer spear by "breaking" my 'lightning spear+2' to a 'spear+10' and i tried to use it, turns out its base stats are actually lower than my 'lightning spear+2', a lot heavier, and i cant even wield it properly because of the 24 DEX requirement. but upgrading it twice yields better results.

right now im making do with my claymore+10, my question is what path should i follow now?

earn 24 dex for the spear? (quite good at using spears now, because i had to use it throughout anor londo)
    or claymore+15? (little training with greatswords but these are my weapons of choice or swords)

dsg78gaming
    dsg78gaming
    Casual
    Casual

I regret this decision immediately Empty Re: I regret this decision immediately

Post by dsg78gaming Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:08 am

For me I would choose a claymore upgraded it to +15. Buffed makes this a serious weapon and can do serious damage with the right stats invested.
    Nightmare Moon
    Nightmare Moon
    Regular
    Regular

Post by Nightmare Moon Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:15 am

I would go for the +15. Ornsteins spear is good if you invest in dex and faith(lightning damage scales with faith) but as DSG said, claymore can be buffed happy
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:52 am

Dragonslayer Spear is good, but a Winged Spear +15 w/ Sunlight Blade has better damage, less weight, and a lower strength requirement.

If I had to choose between Dragonslayer Spear and Claymore, then I would choose Claymore. However, Dragonslayer Spear is really fun.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:37 pm

The Dragonslayer Spear also wears out quickly, so unless you have plenty of souls to invest in repairing it, I'd look for another option.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:31 pm

It does have a laser though. Vitally important characteristic, lasers.
    jankenneth_10
    jankenneth_10
    Casual
    Casual

Post by jankenneth_10 Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:28 am

It shoots LaSeRs?

That changes 28% of my decision, might try that spear on my next playthrough.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:32 am

You have done the best thing. I always use the lightning spear to get a DSS. You should give it a go, it's such a classy weapon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:02 am