Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Animaaal
skarekrow13
BIG TIME MASTER
7 posters

Future Video Games

BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Future Video Games Empty Future Video Games

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:53 pm

We all know what video games are going to be like in the not so distant future. You are going to don a helmet that puts you inside a 3D world, and your body is going to be the controller. They are already working towards this now.

So here's my question, if a game like DKS comes out with a ten pound sword controller and a collectors edition forty pound coat of armor, and you have to run in place to move and swing the ten pound controller to fight, are you still going to play it?

If a game like Super Mario comes out are you going to run in place and jump a million times?

If you don't like the sound of this, I suggest we all make a petition to get rid of Kinect, Wii, and whatever the PS3 equivalent is called. I will also be recruiting a private militia with the goal of sabotaging the factories they are built at should the petition fail. Game developers need to know that exercise has no place in gaming. Any forum members with experience in explosives, espionage, or just a general dislike for unwarranted exercise can submit a fifty page resume to me and a brief video demonstrating some of your skills.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Future Video Games Empty Re: Future Video Games

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:57 pm

50 Pages? Apparently you're misjudging your target audience's ambition level. No way in heck I'm doing that. Typing might tire my video game muscles.

For the record I support motion gaming as a supplement to conventional controls. Wholesale motion controls.....meh. There's a few Vita titles I could mention (with examples) that are flawless examples and do add to the experience. But since I need to rest up to play games later tonight.....elaboration will have to wait.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:04 pm

I was going to commend you for your intelligent response, but meh, I think I remember making some brain effort earlier today.

In all honesty though, I think it would be awesome to get sweaty and be sore as hell from an hour or two of DKS PVP.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:14 pm

They can take my 3 oz controller when they pry it from my cold dead fingers. Besides, it would make my beer curling muscles tired.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:10 pm

If it proves as a substitute for intense weight training and exercising and worked flawlessly, then I'd do it. The reason I play video games is to exercise my mind when my body is tired or I want a break.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:05 pm

BIG TIME MASTER wrote:Game developers need to know that exercise has no place in gaming.

Get off your lazy butt and get some exercise!

Also, once I thought it would be really cool to play Dark Souls in a holodeck. Then I remembered it would have fail safes to protect me, so it would be on super easy mode. sad
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:25 pm

WandererReece wrote:

Get off your lazy butt and get some exercise!

Yeah yeah, I will after one last level.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:29 pm

frankly i don't think stuff like that helmet thing will be true unless it's just your thoughts that control the game.

To be honest they've spent so many years perfecting the controller- a device designed for the fastest and easiest method of inputting commands into the game. I doubt gaming will ever get rid of it.

That being said, i could imagine things like what you describe coming into existence, they just won't be that amazingly popular.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Hell yeah I'd don armor and swing a sword around. I've worn replica armor before and used a replica sword, and it's fun to fight with it. Plus I'd get a good work out while playing.

I wouldn't want that for my normal gaming needs, but donning the helmet to fight XxXenawarriorbishxX might be fun from time to time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:02 am