Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Mr. Tart
JoeBroski09
Rynn
morte
8 posters

What is your favorite challenge run?

morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What is your favorite challenge run? Empty What is your favorite challenge run?

Post by morte Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:01 pm

Title says it all. What's your favorite challenge run and why? Also, which is the hardest one, in your opinion? My personal favorite run is the boxing run, but that's because it's the only one I've done so far.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

What is your favorite challenge run? Empty Re: What is your favorite challenge run?

Post by Rynn Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:55 pm

A "Do everything" Speedrun. Going from Start to finish having killed all bosses, attaining all lootable objects, killing all non-respawnable mobs, and killing all NPC's.

My fastest time right now is 3:41 min for that.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

What is your favorite challenge run? Empty Re: What is your favorite challenge run?

Post by morte Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:57 pm

Rynn wrote:A "Do everything" Speedrun. Going from Start to finish having killed all bosses, attaining all lootable objects, killing all non-respawnable mobs, and killing all NPC's.

My fastest time right now is 3:41 min for that.

3 hours and 41 minutes? Damn! :affraid: It takes me that long to get into Blighttown! Bow You, sir, have my respect!
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:00 pm

I don't really do challenge runs, but my new favorite thing to do is to make a whole new build I haven't done before. I just made a pure castor.. more or less. *shrug*

Next one I make will probably be a dragon build.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:06 pm

I'm not really much for challenge runs to be honest. I generally just stick with roleplaying and having fun. I did do an archer(bow only) run for a while though. Although i eventually got tired of it and quit.

Edit: I suppose in its own way, you could say that my Artorias build is a challenge run. I started the build off with Artorias cursed greatsword and his greatshield with the Dark set before the DLC was released. Once it was released i got his armour, dark hand and abyss greatsword. I use the dark hand as a shield, although i rarely even rely on it, and only use it for the parry more or less. So i suppose, depending on how you look at it, you could say i did half a challenge run without ever using a shield to protect myself.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Fat roll while always alive to face vaders has to be the most fun.
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Gambs_the_Grey
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gambs_the_Grey Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 pm

I could not do a fat roll play through..
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Gambs_the_Grey wrote:I could not do a fat roll play through..

I did once. I didn't realize the glory of the fast role. It was a nightmare, fighting the bosses.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:24 pm

morte wrote:

I did once. I didn't realize the glory of the fast role. It was a nightmare, fighting the bosses.
    Tank and spank. Easiest way to play Dark Souls. I know, it's what my sister is doing.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Yeah tanking Is pretty easy but the hard part is facing invaders.
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:35 pm

RantFromRant wrote:Yeah tanking Is pretty easy but the hard part is facing invaders.
    Yeah... I just hid in the smallest room, and spammed R1. I usually got lucky haha! It only takes 2 hits.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:28 pm

My favorite run was my naked human run, it took around 11 hours to do but it wasn't that bad. The funny thing about it was that Nito was the boss that gave me the hardest time, while every other boss took 2-3 attempts before I beat them aside from BoC.

The run that I had the most trouble with though was my SL 1 playthrough it took around 18:30 min to do. The worst boss I had to deal with in that was obviously the four kings it took two tries but the second time I was dealing with all four of them and rolling around like a madman on speed.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:06 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    morte wrote:

Tank and spank. Easiest way to play Dark Souls. I know, it's what my sister is doing.

I actually disagree. I tend to get **** when I tank, so I go for light armor and just avoid attacks. I don't even have to block a good portion of the time now.
    GodOfPaperclips
    GodOfPaperclips
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GodOfPaperclips Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:20 pm

Anyone tried a COMPLETELY (no weapon, shield, magic etc) naked, lvl 1, collect everything speed run?

... Blindfolded...
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:36 pm

No.
    But I have done an item only playthrough.
    Defeat Gwynn with Black Firebombs.
    I *** dare you.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Rynn wrote:No.
    But I have done an item only playthrough.
    Defeat Gwynn with Black Firebombs.
    I *** dare you.

Were you allowed to level up your vitality and armor?
    JoeBroski09
    JoeBroski09
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by JoeBroski09 Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:23 pm

morte wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    morte wrote:

I actually disagree. I tend to get **** when I tank, so I go for light armor and just avoid attacks. I don't even have to block a good portion of the time now.
    Did you see ENB play his tank? I mean, jeez! Just get the rite of kindling, get a good, low stat weapon (zwei cough cough) , and end/vit gauge with some pyromancies to go with it. Upgraded heavy armor. Ring of steel protection, FaP. Boom. My sister, whose only played Kingdom Hearts, can kill S&O solo with that set up.

What did you do? Cause my set up only requires R2 and chugging estate flasks. Though, I did build it with a beginner in mind. Tested stuff out and did research on all the weapons and armors before my sister started playing so I could help her the best I could.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:33 pm

JoeBroski09 wrote:
    morte wrote:
    JoeBroski09 wrote:
    morte wrote:

Did you see ENB play his tank? I mean, jeez! Just get the rite of kindling, get a good, low stat weapon (zwei cough cough) , and end/vit gauge with some pyromancies to go with it. Upgraded heavy armor. Ring of steel protection, FaP. Boom. My sister, whose only played Kingdom Hearts, can kill S&O solo with that set up.

What did you do? Cause my set up only requires R2 and chugging estate flasks. Though, I did build it with a beginner in mind. Tested stuff out and did research on all the weapons and armors before my sister started playing so I could help her the best I could.

Don't get me wrong, I did most of that, although I did go for more of dex for higher attacks between using my shield and didn't focus as much on vit as I should have, still had ~35. I made it through pretty easily, but I find it easier to go for a light armor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 6:07 pm