Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Spurgun
WaLKA
The Letter X
BLA1NE
DeathlyLemons
9 posters

no dragon eyes.

DeathlyLemons
    DeathlyLemons
    Addicted
    Addicted

no dragon eyes. Empty no dragon eyes.

Post by DeathlyLemons Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:40 pm

i havent seen a dragon eye summon sign for awhile now, why is that, one of the few pvp systems that are actually 1v1 and barely anyone uses it, they just complain about gankers and people invading saying they use cheap tactics.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

no dragon eyes. Empty Re: no dragon eyes.

Post by BLA1NE Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:45 am

My experience with it in the past was not pleasant. People summoning you through the Dragon Eye (or people putting their Eye down too) are more often than not very motivated to win. I didn't find them at all to be in it for a good fight, they were in it to get the Dragon Scale, so they'll do anything to win. The majority of fights I had that were related to the Dragon Eye were bad.

Not trying to hate on a covenant, but it's the way it's built and that was my experience. I PvP to get good fights, not to fight tryhards.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:10 am

Make sure you have a Dragon Scale in your inventory at all times.
    WaLKA
    WaLKA
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by WaLKA Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:17 am

Well. The only thing I never liked about Dragon PvP is that when you're summoned, it spawns you in the area an invader would show, instead of making you rise up out of the ground like an rss or wss would. I dunno, it bugged me. Might just be me.
    Spurgun
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Spurgun Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:56 am

DeathlyLemons wrote:i havent seen a dragon eye summon sign for awhile now, why is that, one of the few pvp systems that are actually 1v1 and barely anyone uses it, they just complain about gankers and people invading saying they use cheap tactics.

That's one of the reasons to why you so rarely see it. You can't see the eye if you're being invaded (which, in PvP hotspots, is practically all the time).
    And because of that, very few people use the dragon eye. Sitting in one place for 1 hour before someone finally summons you isn't fun. Even if that one fight was amazing, i'd rather host somewhere and get 10 (or more) decent ones in that 1 hour.
    Anchises
    Anchises
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Anchises Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:23 am

I get decent invasions with the dragon eye in the burg at SL120 at the right time of day. I like to think I'm a respectful challenging invader, I spam "Thank you" for a while first thing when someone summons me, and I change my weapons around if the same person keeps summoning me to duel, to keep things interesting.

On the other side of things, I've invaded a fair amount of decent-awesome hosts. Yesterday alone I was given about 35 dragon scales by different hosts before duels and I often get repeat invasions with the same people. ALTHOUGH, from time to time I get repeatedly summoned by a spawn ganking try-hard host who must really want dragon scales or a random hacker who really wants to show how he can fast roll holding smough's hammer and swing it endlessly silly

The invasions are tricky though. They don't work anywhere besides the burg and the kiln for me and I can't be human or my sign disappears every few seconds because of an invader. But it's worth it to look like such cool phantom
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:03 am

I saw 2 or 3 just yesterday.
    DeathlyLemons
    DeathlyLemons
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DeathlyLemons Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:36 pm

one of the reasons i like the dragon cov is the color of the phantom, makes them look awesome. im gonna try putting my summon in the burg next time im online, and i always have a dragon scale on me at all times just in case. i always try to fight honorable, i never use spells or pyro, i never use the npcs or the enemies of the area to win, i always locate the host and make sure that they see me before we fight, and i never heal as a dragon phantom, but ive also had a few people rage quit on me.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 am

I see them occasionally. Not as much as I used to, though. I do remember seeing an abundance of them at the Kiln.
    CappuccinoJak
    CappuccinoJak
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CappuccinoJak Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:29 am

on my dragonbro i got a decent amount of action in anor londo by the bonfire. i think the biggest reason people don't see it too much is because of how well hidden the dragon cov't is. since it's in blightown, behind 2 fog walls, through the great hollow, and down a long narrow path, it's not the most easily accessible cov't.

i did have a lot of fun though. a lot of the time i kept getting resummoned by the same host, so we would joke around and/or have good fights. the dragon cov't weirds me out though since it's more "honorable" than other PvP cov'ts. i'm not one for 1v1, i live for the 2v1 they're so much more fun!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:09 pm