Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Sentiel
reim0027
Juutas
Argetlam350
8 posters

Dark Souls Debugging: Cut Enemies, Cut Bosses, and More.

Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Dark Souls Debugging: Cut Enemies, Cut Bosses, and More. Empty Dark Souls Debugging: Cut Enemies, Cut Bosses, and More.

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:04 am

Okay so I don't think I've seen this posted anywhere and I
    just recently found it. This guy is messing around with Dark Souls debugging
    menu. A lot of it is just a ton of enemies that we know and have seen in the
    game and showing off most of their animations but some are things that are not
    in the game at all which I found interesting. Though since it is so long I'll
    just say which parts people should check out:

http://www.twitch.tv/gibbed/b/370861445

1:07:20
    Not Beatrice's summon model. It appears that perhaps the player was going to be able to meet Beatrice in human form as an NPC but was cut.

1:12:36
    Looks like Chester without his coat and hat would be my
    guess. Yet this enemy carries a sword rather then the usual crossbow that
    Chester has.

1:25:26
    Appears to be the screamer ghost (Idk what it is called but
    there are only two in New Londo that when you approach them scream). Found it
    interesting because if the designs are the same one in game then I've never
    noticed the baby looking ghost in its arms.

1:34:18

Okay just curious but is it actually possible to see
    Sieglinde in the Golden Crystal Golem because I sure haven't but if you can
    that's pretty cool and again another thing I have never noticed.

1:53:02
    Definitely an enemy that is not in the game. Dregling with a
    craig spider parasite on its back. Reminds me of some of the concept art of
    Dark Souls 2 which has a similar design.

2:17:12
    Demon's Souls Crystal Lizard. Perhaps they were going to
    reuse the design but decided not to.

2:32:00
    Looks like an odd throwback to the Primeval Demon. Though
    the name given calls it a Brain Bug? Wonder what it would of done or where it
    would of been found.

3:23:40
    Kalameet looks like he was a bit bulkier and lower to the
    ground. And it does appear that he has three eyes when they have the close up
    to the side of his face.

3:42:28
    The Crow was suppose to be some odd hybrid of golem and crow?

3:44:00
    Blue Wyvern. Could of been a cool concept to add an

Another vid with some things that are not in the game as well:
    http://www.twitch.tv/gibbed/b/370932062

00:42:39
    Early concept of Bed of Chaos. Seems like that it would be able to seperate itself at some point in the fight from the ground. Probably would of been way more fun of a fight.

1:10:43
    Well we've seen the armor for this boss before. There's been some images of people having the armor floating around after the release of the DLC through the means of hacking but it appears to be true that you get the armor from what might appears to be a cut boss from either the main game or the DLC. Funny how the sound effect placeholders are of False King Allant's grunts from Demon's Souls. My guess is he somehow ties in with the Darkwraith Covenant or was one of the original Four Kings maybe, just because of the lifesteal attack he has which is similar to the Darkwraith hand and the Four Kings grab attack, at least to me it does. Also if I remember correctly, the name for this boss was going to be Undead King Jar-Eel, here's an image of the armor on a player who hacked it into their game.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcx1opZZLu1rwjq9po1_1280.jpg

After that, the second video doesn't offer much else. The Undead King Jar-Eel was probably the most interesting thing. Anywasy figured I'd share this stuff with everyone. Hope you like.

Last edited by Argetlam350 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Dark Souls Debugging: Cut Enemies, Cut Bosses, and More. Empty Re: Dark Souls Debugging: Cut Enemies, Cut Bosses, and More.

Post by Juutas Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:39 am

Whoa! nice~ *watching the video*

EDIT:

+1 really interesting stuff!
    Now...WHY wasn't Bed of Chaos like that? seems pretty awesome!
    Those spider parasite guys will have their turn in the sequel happy
    The golden armor boss looks kinda cool (except the horrible cape physics)
    reim0027
    reim0027

Dark Souls Debugging: Cut Enemies, Cut Bosses, and More. Empty Re: Dark Souls Debugging: Cut Enemies, Cut Bosses, and More.

Post by reim0027 Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:29 am

LOL. The language filter messed up your last URL. lol!
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:21 am

It looks like our buddy Chester was supposed to be a DkS version of the Fat Official. But damn, his clothes move, it looks so good. All those inanimate things you can wear piss me off. It's like we're on PS2. His sword version looks pretty epic and I love his riposte. I wanna do it to someone online so bad.

Chaos corrupted dregling? The hand and the spider legs make it look like miniature and less corrupted version of Ceaseless, or Crag Spiders in Blighttown. Why did they remove it? They would fit into Lost Izalith more than the current mobs.

That Brain Bug thing looks similar to Rockworms in Demon Ruins. Since Solaire gets the Sunlight Maggot as a aparasite on his head, it's possible that it was supposed to be in Demon Ruins.

BoC actually looks better this way, but I can understand why they didn't put it in the game. Making the fight for that thing would be very difficult, considering that it moves.

When seeing the Parasite Wall-hugger from Blighttown up close, it slightly reminds of those enemies from Lost Izalith...

Undead King, that guy in gold armor sounds a lot like Allant fro DeS.

Great find!
    Thank you for sharing with us.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:56 am

I'm working on fixing the link that has the image showing a player wearing the undead king's armor after they hacked it into their game. Where I got the original image has **** in the web name so the site didn't like it.
    As for why Undead King sounds like Allant, its probably just as a sound placeholder would be my guess since a lot of his attack sounds are sounds that are all ready in the game.
    I agree on the Chaos Spider Dreglings. They would of been a welcoming enemy in Lost Izalith.
    As for the brain bug, that was what I was thinking, it does look a lot like the Rockworms though I spaced on the name of those. XD
    BoC was an intersting one. I would of liked seeing it in game but yeah it would be difficult plus they would probably have to enlarge the arena a bit more so it is rather large and being able to move would make the place it is currently in quite cramp. But still would of been worth it I feel, would of been better then how BoC is now.

EDIT:
    Fixed the image link.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:15 pm

That gold armor looks so good. :O
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:12 am

densetsushun wrote:That gold armor looks so good. :O
    Yeah, shame the boss nor the armor made it into the game.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Ceaseless Dregling looked cool, dangerous and with much potential. Why did they just fill up the last zones with Statue Demons? WHY!?
    IV_Mark_VI
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by IV_Mark_VI Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Brain bug is from starship troopers.

The guy in gold; the hilt of his weapon reminds me of the statue at the altar of sunlight. Grab attack is similar to Gwyns. Could this be the firstborn of Gwyn?
    Jester's Tears
    Jester's Tears
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Jester's Tears Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:02 pm

IV_Mark_VI wrote:Brain bug is from starship troopers.

The guy in gold; the hilt of his weapon reminds me of the statue at the altar of sunlight. Grab attack is similar to Gwyns. Could this be the firstborn of Gwyn?

WE WILL NEVER KNOW.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:26 pm