Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+24
befowler
densetsushun
raecor14
Paragon
Serious_Much
Dutchy
WaLKA
EeAyEss
Forum Pirate
Hue
Noob-of-Artorias
Animaaal
reim0027
Ghadis_God
Saturday-Saint
The Letter X
Zeta Prime
Infighter
Brigade
Jodecho
Carphil
User1
NPCWhiteMage
Sentiel
28 posters

Rant about weapons

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Rant about weapons - Page 4 Empty Re: Rant about weapons

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:58 am

Dark bead/wog them in the face when they attack. Thats about as foolproof as it gets.

Theres nothing to be done about phantom range except to remember that its there. Just dodge whenever you're in doubt and the iframes will do the work. They'll stop the bleed damage to if you time it right.

It seems you're getting past the point where any 1 technique will stop something. Its more about prediction, adaptability and improvisation at the stage you describe.

Weapons deadangle best in alternating patterns. If you learn it, then you can poise stab them when they turn. Watch the next tracer dead angler and notice he'll probably alternate left/right as he swings. Tank the "left" hit and poise stab the "right" swing, or vice versa. Its all in the timing.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:06 am

Forum Pirate wrote:Dark bead/wog them in the face when they attack. Thats about as foolproof as it gets.

Theres nothing to be done about phantom range except to remember that its there. Just dodge whenever you're in doubt and the iframes will do the work. They'll stop the bleed damage to if you time it right.

It seems you're getting past the point where any 1 technique will stop something. Its more about prediction, adaptability and improvisation at the stage you describe.

Weapons deadangle best in alternating patterns. If you learn it, then you can poise stab them when they turn. Watch the next tracer dead angler and notice he'll probably alternate left/right as he swings. Tank the "left" hit and poise stab the "right" swing, or vice versa. Its all in the timing.
    I only got Pyros. Even though Black Flame usually makes short work of these guys, some of them, especially gankers love to have very high Poise, so even BF won't stop them from slicing me into sushi.

Phantom range is now #1 reason why I die. GT and MLGS just love to hit me after I rolled away. It's hard to explain...
    It's like this: The guy comes, swings (MLGS 2H R1 for example), I roll away, clearly evading the attack, yet it still hits me as I exit the roll, meters away from both the guy and his sword + it does that extra damage. Makes me mad every time.

I completely agree. I think I've hit the point where I have to counter my opponents counter to my counter. big grin
    It's pain to do, but it's fun.

That's a good tip and I tried it, but the problem here is that I usually end up backstabbing for 0 damage. :/
    I had this one guy who just GT spammed me with over 80 Poise and I did a total of 18 :!: backstabs to him for 0 damage.

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:21 am

Timing. He's altering his to bs-cancel and so you need to adjust or yours was off to begin with (so you need to adjust). Its tougher with faster weapons, and tougher if they know how to bs-cancel.

The backstep bs might help.

Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:35 am

I know about Ravioli Step, but I don't know how to do it. Well I can learn that of course. However the reason why I didn't learn it so far is because I just fail to see it's usefulness. Only a handful of players ever used it against me and it didn't do them much good. I can't remember exactly, but I think almost all of them ended up being backstabbed by me.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:52 am

Then they did it wrong. Its like a poise stab+roll bs. The Iframes soak the damage and you're in a position to immediately bs some attacks that are difficult to roll/poise bs like tracer dead angle spam and katana running r1's.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:14 am

Well if someone would've do it to me while I use a Claymore it would've worked.
    But for some reason they decided to do it while I had Chaos Blade, so I just unlocked, turned around and cut them anyway.
    But it's faster than roll bs. I don't think I could pivot parry it in time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:14 am