Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
FattyOfDoom
User1
Myztyrio
OrangePledge
Serious_Much
DE5PA1R
morte
11 posters

Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set

Poll

Your opinions?

[ 2 ]
    Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 9 ]
    Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set - Page 2 I_vote_lcap60%Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [60%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set - Page 2 I_vote_lcap20%Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 

Total Votes: 15
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set - Page 2 Empty Re: Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set

Post by messremb Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:22 pm

I'm of the mind that I do want a story told to me, but I like the way it is by having to create out yourself. I feel they can tell us a full story, but still keep it completely ambigious, as every NPC in the game will likely have their own take on whatever events are going on, thus, while giving you a story, still keeps it convoluted and ultimately to your own interpretation at the same time.

Now that I reread this post, i'm not sure it had anything to do with the original intent of the thread......:oops:
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set - Page 2 Empty Re: Theory of when and where Dark Souls is set

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:38 am

I also, feel that this thread has got massively derailed...

I think it was probably someone originally objecting to my idea there needs to be an improved story.. Guess it's my fault silly
    DE5PA1R
    DE5PA1R
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DE5PA1R Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:58 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Get to the asylum...? You get imprisoned there because you are undead. You do not come to the asylum by choice, more over it is at the point of become undead which you are taken to the asylum to rot.

Obviously.

Well lets consider this motivation then. There are two choices here- either you undertake oscar's dying wish, or you are simply escaping- and yes I say ESCAPE because you are trapped and imprisoned. Without oscar you wouldn't have got out the cell to begin with.

Not relevant.

Also, that stuff about blade of the DM is tosh, it is in itself a secret covenant (you need a ring to stumble accidentally upon it), so it's impossible logically you know about the DM. Also like i said you are a prisoner in the asylum, so you didn't go there for any purpose, you were merely unfortunate enough to be imprisoned there as an undead.

You have no idea whether the Blade of the Darkmoon covenant is a secret in Lordran. There are a few descriptions that seem to indicate it isn't (Firekeeper Soul of Darkmoon Knightess, Darkmoon Talisman, Indictment/Book of the Guilty).

Well the obvious difference between crono and crash is that there is a heavily laid out and narrated story surrounding crono, whilst crash has minimal. Actually to put it another way, you just proved my point with that really- the chosen undead is much more suitable to be likened to Crash than crono due to the tiny amount of narrative surrounding them. There's much less depth.

The difference between Crash and DkS is the context (the lore).

I think you should try looking at it in another way, despair. I simply want to make you understand there is as much grounding in reason to say the souls story is rubbish as to say it is clever. As with any entertainment medium there's many ways to look at it and no one person will have an identical view to another of the game.

We can agree to disagree. I think it's imperative to consider the entire story, not just the plot, when reviewing a game. Like I've said before, Dark Souls is hard not just in terms of gameplay, but also in terms of working out the story and the plot. On that basis, I consider Dark Souls an extraordinary game with an extraordinary story.
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:40 am

Now that I reread the title of thread, my thiking would be for Carim. Or the Painted World of Ariamis, as wholly envisioned by its creator/artist/warden/whoever. That would be kinda cool, but also very unlikely. Knowing From, it will probably be Xena (or was it Zena...can never remember) or some other place that barely had any mention in the current game....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:18 pm