Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Lancelot
MsCherryBlossom
6 posters

Need a decent low level to play at.

MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Need a decent low level to play at. Empty Need a decent low level to play at.

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Okay so im at about 62 Humanities now all from playing as a phantom. (Not BP invading) I still wanna stay a low level but level 10 isn't going to cut it for me as im not doing as much damage I would like.

Can anyone tell me a good low level to be on here. Preferably under 50.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Need a decent low level to play at. Empty Re: Need a decent low level to play at.

Post by Lancelot Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:20 pm

I would say around 50, actually, if you intend to keep invading.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Need a decent low level to play at. Empty Re: Need a decent low level to play at.

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:26 pm

No no, I don't invade. I play for the co-op aspect of the game, I never invade. I wanna make sure I don't go too high a level to where I wont get summoned anymore like I did on Demon's Souls.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Oh I'm sorry, I meant co-oping. Low levels tend to not use summoning early in the game, so I would say at least close to 50. Maybe 40.
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Yeah I kinda noticed that, I been getting summoned at the Undead Burg for the past few hours helping kill Havel and Taurus Demon and time to time an invader.

Do you know any good places to get summoned?
    Liff Daddy
    Liff Daddy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Liff Daddy Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:33 pm

Are you staying at one boss or going to different areas? 40-50 seems like a good range all around outside of the Burg.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:35 pm

http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Guide+to+Co-operative+Play
    Here you go, this has recommended levels for areas and tactics.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:36 pm

From what I've heard, new players have trouble with the Capra Demon, and being at around SL 50 is what they would be around.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:40 pm

Soul level 50 is MUCH higher than Capra Demon. Sl 50 is more Anor Londo.

Last edited by Yarxov on Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Original start seemed Rude, sorry in advance.)
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 pm

Yarxov wrote:Nonono, Soul level 50 is MUCH higher than Capra Demon. Sl 50 is more Anor Londo.

I suppose you're correct. I was generally in the 50-area when I got to Capra. Spent a lot of time levelling.

I would say around... 30?
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:45 pm

This says 20-30
    http://daydull.com/tips-tutorials/dark-souls-recommend-levels-for-areas-and-bosses/
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:59 pm

I'm wondering now if Darkroot Garden would be a good co-op area at that level range.
    Mr.Self-Destruct
    Mr.Self-Destruct

Post by Mr.Self-Destruct Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Levels 20-25 i still get good action around the burg (5 minute wait, tops)

Levels 30-45 for the depths i get summoned non-stop

Levels 35-50 not more than a 5 minute wait in Blightown

Level 50 non-stop summons at Anor Londo

I've read the "guide to better summoning" and the "suggested" SL range for different areas, generally i'm 10 SLs above the "suggested" max for the area and still get tons of summons. However, with most of my toons i belong to no covenant, idk if and how that factors in.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:55 pm

I don't know what you were trying to prove with those statements, likely some way to nullify mine judging on the end paragraph.
    The levels you gave all allow summons within the standard level range per area. Those sources supply approximations, players can be found in any area at any level.
    To OP, Just pick the areas you like and think would be fun and shoot for that.
    Lancelot
    Lancelot
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Lancelot Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Of course, you need to know where to place the signs, but I'm assuming that won't be a problem.
    Mr.Self-Destruct
    Mr.Self-Destruct

Post by Mr.Self-Destruct Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:12 am

Yarxov wrote:I don't know what you were trying to prove with those statements, likely some way to nullify mine judging on the end paragraph.
    The levels you gave all allow summons within the standard level range per area. Those sources supply approximations, players can be found in any area at any level.
    To OP, Just pick the areas you like and think would be fun and shoot for that.

not trying to prove anything, least of all to you lol nice of you to get bent out of shape because i posted different numbers than you lol my post was to let the OP know if they were concerned that being 5-10 levels above the suggested max level for the area that it would mean a 15 minute wait instead of a 5 minute wait, that it wasn't the case based on my experience.

feel better now, guy? lol
    MsCherryBlossom
    MsCherryBlossom
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MsCherryBlossom Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:35 am

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. Im going to go to level 30 for now probably wont go any higher than 35.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:46 pm

Mr.Self-Destruct wrote:
    not trying to prove anything, least of all to you lol nice of you to get bent out of shape because i posted different numbers than you lol my post was to let the OP know if they were concerned that being 5-10 levels above the suggested max level for the area that it would mean a 15 minute wait instead of a 5 minute wait, that it wasn't the case based on my experience.

feel better now, guy? lol

I was not "Bent out of shape" Just defensive because of your posts content, you are clearly very arrogant and stubborn so further confrontation would be useless to me. My advice: Stop being rude.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:57 pm

Okay guys lets not get annoyed at each other and be nice and friendly big grin

but Mr self sestruct judging by your level approximations you have little experience in this game, and yarxov is actually more correct.

OP, I would suggest taking your guy to level 40. will allow you to get min stats for elemental weapons while having decent Vit and End.

At this level I would suggest Anor londo, Sen's Fortress and Darkroot forest (sifs area) for summoning, while summoning for the Four kings and for Seath in Dukes and at a stretch for struggling players blighttown would also be possible to mix it up a bit.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:01 pm

Duke's might be a stretch, most players will upgrade a bit after O&S, so they might end up in the 60's, out of summoning range for 40. There will be summons, maybe less traffic than O&S though. (And the way there is a pain.)
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:04 pm

I agree, hence why I said that the last 3 would be options not done a lot and only to change things up really. I reckon you'd get a bit from guys who focus on building equipment first, I see loads of guys getting to Kiln at only SL 60 these days.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:06 pm

Interesting, maybe this will open up new PvP opportunities, an alternative low level cap.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:08 pm

Indeed, I've found there's always been plenty to go at while SL100 or even 80, though then again I've probably then been going against 120's silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:43 am