Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Dks 2 needs a revised pvp system

EarthScraper
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

Dks 2 needs a revised pvp system  Empty Dks 2 needs a revised pvp system

Post by EarthScraper Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:59 pm

i am absolutely sick to death of ninja flipping families, buffed up katanas build and stupid impervious backstabbers. I want to see variety in the builds in dark souls 2
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Dks 2 needs a revised pvp system  Empty Re: Dks 2 needs a revised pvp system

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:13 pm

If you don't see variety, you aren't looking hard enough. There's always a most popular load out, but there are always creative or goofy people looking to do something different or push the boundaries.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:16 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:If you don't see variety, you aren't looking hard enough. There's always a most popular load out, but there are always creative or goofy people looking to do something different or push the boundaries.
    This is exactly true.
    I just got invaded by some guy with Obsidian Greatsword right hand Furysword left. He beat me, although it was only because of his Hornet Ring. Variety nonetheless, but terrible in general.
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:30 pm

TBH, I don't really see a lot of variety in PvP. I tend to cosplay of late, but I also completely understand the relative staleness in builds by the more PvP-centric crowd. Why wouldn't one use what works best, if that is what they want to do in being the best dueler? So, overall, I don't think thngs need to change all that much, as the hardcore crowd and highly intelligent community here will always find the best setup, regardless of the variety.

That said, I also would like to have my cake and eat it too with much more weapons and armor being more viable in the next game. I absolutely love it when I see cosplay or odd builds! Fought a dude in full Stone Knight gear the other day in the forest, and while it is not viable PvP-wise, guy was seeming to have a lot of fun with it from the tone of our private message correspondence. In the end, that is ALL that matters, really.
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Can't remember how many times I've actually won an invasion as my PArdoner or Painting Guardian (probably less than 10% of the time TBH), but still find them fun as ****!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:37 pm

I don't think that a different PvP system will increase build variety..

And I'd just rolled up my sleeves to slap anyone in the face trying to change PvP into a non random, wholly separate mode of the game (phew)

Anyways, it's not really FROM's fault that there's not a variety in builds... You can't really have all weapons and armours being equal otherwise it makes things too boring.

To top it off, I know it may surprise some people in here, but Souls is actually more about PvE than anything else, and items are balanced as such. Too bad if this means things aren't quite perfect for PvP but to be honest I'd rather have the main game be better than the online component.
    messremb
    Regular
    Regular

Post by messremb Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I don't think that a different PvP system will increase build variety..

And I'd just rolled up my sleeves to slap anyone in the face trying to change PvP into a non random, wholly separate mode of the game (phew)

Anyways, it's not really FROM's fault that there's not a variety in builds... You can't really have all weapons and armours being equal otherwise it makes things too boring.

To top it off, I know it may surprise some people in here, but Souls is actually more about PvE than anything else, and items are balanced as such. Too bad if this means things aren't quite perfect for PvP but to be honest I'd rather have the main game be better than the online component.
    +1 to everything said here!
    EarthScraper
    EarthScraper
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EarthScraper Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:23 pm

Serious_Much wrote:I don't think that a different PvP system will increase build variety..

Ok fair point this game is for PvE more then PvP, I was just raging TBH 'cause of my PvP session

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:49 am