Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+26
Nugget
Rynn
HazelrahFiver
CarverUpqik
Aevun
nsane32
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Slarg232
Frank_White
Djem
WaffleGuy
hey its andres
Reaperfan
Naxek
samster628
Ashran
Leeroy_Jenkins
User1
swordiris
Infighter
Dubscythe
Nybbles
gmwdim
GrinTwist
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Johnthethird
30 posters

Which characters would you like to see in Dark souls 2 who were only mentioned in dark souls ?

HazelrahFiver

Which characters would you like to see in Dark souls 2 who were only mentioned in dark souls ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which characters would you like to see in Dark souls 2 who were only mentioned in dark souls ?

Post by HazelrahFiver Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:39 am

Djem wrote:Let's list the chaos family:
    The Witch of Izalith is the mother and the bug at the core of Bed of Chaos. She has 7 children as seen in the intro.
    1-) Quelaag is one of the daughters.
    2-) Quelana is one of the daughters.
    3-) The Fair Lady is one of the daughters.
    4-) The woman wearing the Gold-Hemmed Black Set, who drops the Izalith Catalyst, seen before you enter the Bed of Chaos fight is one of the daughters.
    5-) The corpse from which we can get the Gold-Hemmed Set is one of the daughters.
    6-) Ceaseless Discharge is one of the siblings, and the only son of the Witch of Izalith.

One of them is missing.

Actually, two of them are missing. The introduction movie shows seven daughters specifically, and never even mentions a son. It's only in-game that we are introduced to the son. It's a theory that the two pillars that have to be destroyed to access the Bug of Chaos are the last two daughters, but there is unfortunately no way to know.

Also, Izalith IS in the game. She was absorbed by the Bed of Chaos, so to speak, but is most certainly not the bug. When you take out either or both of the pillars a fiery woman is loosed atop the Bed, one who even uses Pyromancy against you. This is Izalith, and I'm always surprised at how many people don't realize, and argue against, this.

(I'm not saying you didn't know, I'm just stating that in general is surprises me.)
    HazelrahFiver

Which characters would you like to see in Dark souls 2 who were only mentioned in dark souls ? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which characters would you like to see in Dark souls 2 who were only mentioned in dark souls ?

Post by HazelrahFiver Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:47 am

Slarg232 wrote:Except for Gwyn, The Witches, and the Pygmy were all human,

Whoa, whoa, that is a very incorrrect statement. They are not at all human, and have no connection to humanity. I don't want to start an entire thread derailing with this, but let's be clear that humanity did not exist before the Abyss. That is where it came from. It's not an organic race, it is the creation of the Darkness.
    We can literally see humanity spawning in the DLC Abyss. The humanity item descriptions state that our player characters and them are one in the same. Both Gough and Ciaran refer to the player as human, meaning they are BOTH something different than, despite Ciaran being the exact same size as us.
    All the inhabitants/soldiers of Anor Londo are something humanoid, but they are not human. I've always called them Lords, but that gets confusing because that is what they refer to themselves as after obtaining their Lord Souls from the First Flame. The best race name is something silly that stands out, and I've always gone with OtherGuys.
    HazelrahFiver

Post by HazelrahFiver Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:03 am

Now, as for the characters mentioned that I would like to appear in DkS2:

1. Velka. There is a decent chance this is her in the only DkS2 trailer so far, but in case it is not, I am truly hoping for her to be around. Especially since I have an entire "Velka = Maiden in Black theory," I'm hoping her story gets expanded upon in large quantities.

2. First Born Son Confirmation. I, like many, believe that Solaire is the First Born Son. If he is in the game, then it basically has to be Solaire, but if he is not in the game, then it was Andre and From removed the content (If you don't know, originally Andre was supposed to be the Son, but that storyline got entirely removed). Either way, I would prefer if they said so one way or another, or introduced another character entirely to fill the gap.

3. Gwynevere. The real one. If this ends up including Flann as well, that's even better. I don't need her to be a boss, or to even have that many lines of dialogue. Anything about her father's actions and how the Lords wrought their own destruction, and I will be giddy.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Frank_White wrote:Also I think when the Pygmy finds the Dark Soul in the opening sequence, that too is a hint about him being Manus. It hasn't been explained what the Dark Soul does exactly, but the name sounds like that kind of soul gives you the ability to create something like The Abyss. (Dark Soul / Abyss is eternally spreading darkness).
    It would also explain how Manus, once a human has turned into an ogre-like monster. It was the most powerful Lord Soul of them all and had sinister qualities.
    In addition, the Furtive Pygmy is the only human we've seen or even know about who has been in Lordran in the very beginning. And so has Manus, since he is a "primeval human".

The reason your logic is flawed is, Manus' grave is small. And Gough mentions that Oolacile residents woke up Manus and 'drove him mad.' This means Manus was a normal human before he was risen/awoken from his grave by Oolacile residents.

Now, if as you say Manus is the way he is because he posseses the original Dark Soul, he should've been that way from the beginning. But the proof shows he turned into what he is now later.

And I honestly don't think that Dark Soul is something that gives you the power to create Abyss. I believe Dark Soul simply IS humanity, and the furtive Pygmy was simply the first Human, and that is why Kaathe calls him the progenitor of the playable character.

I also think Abyss is Humanity went wild. This is said by a certain NPC in the DLC I believe. Thus the 'Dark Soul' is responsible for the creation of Abyss in a way, but not directly.

This can also mean that Manus is indeed the Pygmy, the first Human. But not by the logic you presented.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:34 am

Johnthethird wrote:One thing that makes me believe that manus is not the pygmy, is that when you kill manus and get his soul, it is not a lord soul, or even a lord soul fragment.

As a matter of fact it is but just isnt mentioned as such. it looks different as it is the dark soul and much of it has split into many fragments - humanity.
    For a long time manus slept with his pendant which helped him maintain control over his living soul. Then the Oolicilians dug him up and nicked his pendant which made him lose control. he was difformed by the great power of the soul and fragments split out from time to time as humanity. Ya'see because the soul is alive its power can grow as the power of the other lord souls fail. all oh humankind act as carriyers of humanity.
    At least that is how i see it.
    Also liking the we are all manus and lore is out pendant analogy.
    Finally we should call it a day on discussing manus. that is more for the archives.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:42 am

I want Tarkus as an NPC, we know nothing of him, depite his appearance as a phantom.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:23 am

Rynn wrote:I want Tarkus as an NPC, we know nothing of him, depite his appearance as a phantom.

Tarkus is Dead I dont know how he would make an appearance
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:02 pm

nsane32 wrote:
    Rynn wrote:I want Tarkus as an NPC, we know nothing of him, depite his appearance as a phantom.

Tarkus is Dead I dont know how he would make an appearance

We are not sure if its a prequel.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:38 pm

[/quote]

We are not sure if its a prequel.[/quote]

I think we can be fairly certain that it is, but this is still just speculation. After reading this I'm thinking that we will only get a nod or two towards Dark Souls 1, in terms of characters and lore. I doubt we will see any of the locations mentioned as they would too close to the "North Pole." I think the most popular belief though is that Velka and/or the Firstborn will play a role in this sequel.
    Nugget
    Nugget
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nugget Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:14 am

Am I the only one who wants to know who the hell Sen is?
    krump0
    krump0

Post by krump0 Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:23 am

Allfather Loyd is definitely a prime candidate for me, mainly because of the items description on Loyd's Talisman:

"Talisman utilized by Allfather Lloyd's cleric knights to hunt down the Undead. Blocks Estus recovery within a limited area.
    In the outside world, the Undead are accursed creatures, and Lloyd's cleric knights are widely praised for their Undead hunts.
    This blessed talisman blocks Undead recovery, allowing the knights to fight with impunity."

With that in mind, it'd be pretty neat if you could fight his cleric knights as npcs in the second game as well as gives you a means of fighting enemies that prevents you from healing temporarily. I also believe the narrator's line in the trailer "You are of the undead. Forever without hope, forever without light" sounds a lot like it could be Loyd denouncing someone as an undead.
    samster628
    samster628
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by samster628 Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:10 am

krump0 wrote:Allfather Loyd is definitely a prime candidate for me, mainly because of the items description on Loyd's Talisman:

"Talisman utilized by Allfather Lloyd's cleric knights to hunt down the Undead. Blocks Estus recovery within a limited area.
    In the outside world, the Undead are accursed creatures, and Lloyd's cleric knights are widely praised for their Undead hunts.
    This blessed talisman blocks Undead recovery, allowing the knights to fight with impunity."

With that in mind, it'd be pretty neat if you could fight his cleric knights as npcs in the second game as well as gives you a means of fighting enemies that prevents you from healing temporarily. I also believe the narrator's line in the trailer "You are of the undead. Forever without hope, forever without light" sounds a lot like it could be Loyd denouncing someone as an undead.

maybe dundundun the knights in the video are the all fathers knights!!! to be fair i find this unlikly but its possible.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:09 pm

HazelrahFiver wrote:
    Slarg232 wrote:Except for Gwyn, The Witches, and the Pygmy were all human,

Whoa, whoa, that is a very incorrrect statement. They are not at all human, and have no connection to humanity. I don't want to start an entire thread derailing with this, but let's be clear that humanity did not exist before the Abyss. That is where it came from. It's not an organic race, it is the creation of the Darkness.
    We can literally see humanity spawning in the DLC Abyss. The humanity item descriptions state that our player characters and them are one in the same. Both Gough and Ciaran refer to the player as human, meaning they are BOTH something different than, despite Ciaran being the exact same size as us.
    All the inhabitants/soldiers of Anor Londo are something humanoid, but they are not human. I've always called them Lords, but that gets confusing because that is what they refer to themselves as after obtaining their Lord Souls from the First Flame. The best race name is something silly that stands out, and I've always gone with OtherGuys.

All of that is speculation. We see Humanity Sprites, this is true; but what are Humanity Sprites if not fragments of the Dark Soul.

For all we know, The only difference between the Humans and the Lords is which soul they got ahold of. We all have the same base of being (Hollow).
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:39 pm

what about knight king rendall it would be pretty cool if boletaria was in it and you ran into him before he left to try to get to anor londo i mean he is mentioned a few times in DkS
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 pm

Boletaria does not exist in the Dark Souls universe. FromSoft has already stated that Demons Souls and Dark Souls take place in different setting altogether.
    Actually, Miyazaki actually has said that Humanity were basically pieces of the Dark Soul. And, no, Hollows did not necessarily exist at all before the First Flame, aka the Flame of Disparity, was born. Note that the gods and their servants are almost all well taller than humans, and even those that are refer to humans in a manner that insinuate they are something other than human. Hollows are also born because of the Darksign, which is related to the Dark, which was created because of the Flame of Disparity. In the introductory video, the narrator says, "And with Fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course, light and dark." Hollows are a much more modern phenomenon than humans and gods.
    I also offer that many (I think most) religions openly state that humans and the gods look exactly alike. Dark Souls' gods are just a little bigger.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Acarnatia wrote:Boletaria does not exist in the Dark Souls universe. FromSoft has already stated that Demons Souls and Dark Souls take place in different setting altogether.
    Actually, Miyazaki actually has said that Humanity were basically pieces of the Dark Soul. And, no, Hollows did not necessarily exist at all before the First Flame, aka the Flame of Disparity, was born. Note that the gods and their servants are almost all well taller than humans, and even those that are refer to humans in a manner that insinuate they are something other than human. Hollows are also born because of the Darksign, which is related to the Dark, which was created because of the Flame of Disparity. In the introductory video, the narrator says, "And with Fire came disparity. Heat and cold, life and death, and of course, light and dark." Hollows are a much more modern phenomenon than humans and gods.
    I also offer that many (I think most) religions openly state that humans and the gods look exactly alike. Dark Souls' gods are just a little bigger.

The Knights are most likely automic, hollows, or at the least something similar, are clearly seen in the intro walking toward the first flame, and the Darksign is seen as something new; the Mark of the Undead.

The Darksign signifies an accursed Undead. Those branded with it are reborn after death, but will one day lose their mind and go hollow.

And we know from in game items that the Curse of the Undead is recent; It only started with the dying of the First Flame.

Hollows are attracted to Flame, hence why they would have gone into the First Flame to begin with.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 pm

Acarnatia wrote:Boletaria does not exist in the Dark Souls universe. FromSoft has already stated that Demons Souls and Dark Souls take place in different setting altogether.

i meant balder not boletaria i was just in a demons souls state of mind was playing it when i wrote that lol (loooooove boletaria)
    CakeThiefPro
    CakeThiefPro
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CakeThiefPro Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:57 am

I'd like to see or at least have references to:
    Lloyd
    Velka
    Flan
    Sen
    Gwynevere
    Serpents (Mostly so I can kill one of those bastards)
    Chester (We have no idea when he's from)
    Old Man Mcloyf (Copper coin)
    Vamos or his ancestors with the royal helm
    Ariamis (he could have painted more than one world)
    Havel (has his death actually been confirmed?)
    Gwyn (Pre Lord Soul, depending on how far in the past this might go)
    Patches (Because we all love him really)
    Ring of Evil Eye Abyss monster thing
    Beatrice

Also a reference to the first born called Gwynson or some name with Gwyn that we wont recognise and then a remark implying he was turned into a statue...
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:53 pm

I want to see a titanite demon with both legs. He would be a hidden boss and would be the fastest, strongest, and hardest boss in the game. He would be the Majora's Incarnation of the game.
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:30 pm

I also want to see a titanite demon in it's fullest, that shhht would be fudgin awesome, not to mention fighting him.

I'd like to see the Blacksmith Deity, this mothafudga would be makin Godly weapons though I don't know if it would conflict with seeing the titanite demons, since the description states, "When the nameless blacksmith deity PASSED,
    from several Slabs, great beasts arose."
    This sounds like he died, THEN the *** demons came into existence.

Wait one freakin moment...I thought ALL demons came from the chaos flame and the witch and that whole shebang?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 6:44 am