Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Shindori
nsane32
AnCapaillMor
User1
Longshot
densetsushun
Seignar
11 posters

Single Player games you would recommend...or help my lag?

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Single Player games you would recommend...or help my lag? Empty Single Player games you would recommend...or help my lag?

Post by Seignar Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:03 pm

So, this happened...I had received news that my Internet's speed was increased. However, the only thing it has done is slow down everything and cause me to lag in Dark Souls consistently.

As such, I must now refrain from most, if not all online activity (Except sneak kills in Dark Souls) and I'm practically locked into playing DMC HD collection for my Single-Player. If anything, that will soon lose its luster. So, I must ask you my fellow forumites: What would be good Single-Player games for the PS3 (PSN included; already tried Persona 3 FES, so don't recommend that).

...or help me fix my lag?
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Single Player games you would recommend...or help my lag? Empty Re: Single Player games you would recommend...or help my lag?

Post by densetsushun Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:06 pm

What is it about your internet that was done? Check with your ISP though, you may have faster download and upload speeds but your ISP may be throttling your gaming bandwidth.

As for singleplayer games, all HD collections are amazing(particularly stuff like PoP, Hitman or ICO/Shadow of Colossus). There are always JRPG's too.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Single Player games you would recommend...or help my lag? Empty Re: Single Player games you would recommend...or help my lag?

Post by Longshot Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:09 pm

Valkyria Chronicles and if you have a PC, Civilzation (4/5) and Homeworld.

These games are like crack, that you can enjoy a single rock for several months.

It was good knowing ya. Single Player games you would recommend...or help my lag? 1361424789
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:57 pm

I can suggest Cave Story. Also, check out vsauce's DONG's on Youtube. There's always some single player games mentioned on there.
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:28 pm

Wait Longshot. I never said I was quitting Dark Souls, just I wouldn't be doing straight out PVP.
    Anyways, thanks for the recommendation on Valkyria, I remember having downloaded the demo on 2010 and liking it in general. Although, I was a bit annoyed I had at least 2 of everything and my opponent had like 5 scouts or something...

I suppose the actual game does feature opposing forces of all kinds? The demo was kind of easy because they had so many Scouts and not enough Shocktroopers to impede my straight-forward tactics...

What is it about your internet that was done? Check with your ISP
    though, you may have faster download and upload speeds but your ISP may
    be throttling your gaming bandwidth.
    I don't know the details, apparently the "speed of the internet" was boosted, although I have only seen quite the opposite, most noticeably on console. Mostly everything involving my internet has been slowed and I have not noticed any performance upgrades.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:25 am

You going wirelessy or wired to the PS3? Could also be a net connection with a crap contention ratio, so basically crap internet at peek times. Is the internet bad on pc\laptop etc as well or is it just ps3.

As for games, there's so many, the hd collections like den said although he left out the bob of war collection. It's early in the morning so i'm scratching my head to think of others but there are great games out that will keep you going for ages.
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:03 am

MGS HD, Darksiders, Dead Space 1 2 and 3, if you got a half decent computer Icewinds Dale, Fallout 3, Killzone, Uncharted
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:06 am

Tokyo Jungle
    Very fun game. You start off as a little pup in the streets of a city in tokyo, roaming aroundjust trying to survive. Eventually you can unlock other animals. It's especially fun being a velociraptor.

inFamous: Blood Carnival
    Very short campaign, but the game is just so fun to play. Unlike the other inFamous games, this one is actually fun because you don't have to worry about choosing a side, just about powering up. Plus, you get to be an eltricity-controlling vampire!

Gungrave: Overdose
    Game based on an anime based on a manga about a dead gangster who comes back to life to protect those he loves with awesome gunslinging action. It's a PS2 title but you can get it on PSN.

Way of the Samurai 4
    All the Way of the Samurai games are amazing, this latest being the best. You're a samurai in Japan on the turn of an era where europeans and guns are introduced to Japan. You walk around, encountering people. Some attack you, some don't. You can choose to do 'missions' which progress the story, or just go around fighting everyone and everything. Plus you can create your own weapons from different parts, and trust me there's a lot. It's a game worth playing, one of my favorites.

all these are from PSN, definitely worth the money.
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:40 am

densetsushun wrote:As for singleplayer games, all HD collections are amazing(particularly stuff like PoP, Hitman

You mention the Hitman HD collection, I really enjoyed those on PS2 but I have read mixed reviews about the remake, is it any good?
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:19 am

Dead Space 1, 2 and 3 - Third person horror games. Great, fun and exciting gameplay with interesting story.

Red Dead Redemption - Third person shooter game. AmazingBeautiful story. Great gameplay.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - A hack and slash game. Although short, it provides fun gameplay.

Heavy Rain - I've heard good things about it.

Sonic Adventure 2 HD/Battle - I believe it was released for PS3 as well as 360. It's a great and fun game that offers more than just the general Sonic games do. You can take care of "Chaos". These Chaos can be leveled up and taken care of by you. They can also die. All in all, if you care for the "taking care of Chaos" aspect of the game, it can also offer some emotional relations to the game. Atleast it did to me. Still miss my chaos. sad
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:24 am

sure-magicians wrote:
    densetsushun wrote:As for singleplayer games, all HD collections are amazing(particularly stuff like PoP, Hitman

You mention the Hitman HD collection, I really enjoyed those on PS2 but I have read mixed reviews about the remake, is it any good?
    I honestly don't know if the HD collection is good, but I do know the old games are good and the two HD collections I own(PoP and DMC) are great. I'll probably pick it up next month(or maybe even this Friday) so I'll let you know.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:25 am

Mr. Tart wrote:
    Sonic Adventure 2 HD/Battle - I believe it was released for PS3 as well as 360. It's a great and fun game that offers more than just the general Sonic games do. You can take care of "Chaos". These Chaos can be leveled up and taken care of by you. They can also die. All in all, if you care for the "taking care of Chaos" aspect of the game, it can also offer some emotional relations to the game. Atleast it did to me. Still miss my chaos. sad
    Dude, you better not be messing with me. I loved that game! :shock: Is it out on PS3?

Edit: Damn you Tart, I just spent 8 euro silly
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:41 am

densetsushun wrote:
    Mr. Tart wrote:
    Dude, you better not be messing with me. I loved that game! :shock: Is it out on PS3?

Edit: Damn you Tart, I just spent 8 euro silly

You got it for the PS3? cheers

Yeah it should be on PSN, as it is on XBL.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:47 am

Yeah, went to check it on Wiki and I bought it immediately. silly Not sure if want the Battle DLC though, I am miffed that they split that up.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:02 am

Armored Core: For Answer
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:22 pm

Stop. Just STOP.

Dead Space 3 is awful. Heavy Rain is awful.

And while we're at it, Koei games are awful.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:24 pm

Call Heavy Rain awful again, and I will press circle, and cry all over you.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:35 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Call Heavy Rain awful again, and I will press circle, and cry all over you.

Have you played Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit?

Heavy Rain is awful.

JASON! JASON! JASON!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:45 pm

I've played Fahrenheit, and enjoyed it a lot.

That's it, it's crying time.

No comment.
    Shindori
    Shindori
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Shindori Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Longshot wrote:Stop. Just STOP.

Dead Space 3 is awful. Heavy Rain is awful.

And while we're at it, Koei games are awful.
    No. Shut your mouth. Dynasty Warriors, Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi are amazing. D:<
    sure-magicians
    sure-magicians
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by sure-magicians Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:09 am

I actually enjoyed Heavy Rain, it's a great game...
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:46 am

Admittedly I've never played Heavy Rain, I saw some gameplay of it and didn't really like what I saw. The game looks beautiful itself, but I'm no fan of quicktime events so I just ended up avoiding it.

Dragon's Dogma is singleplayer with the multiplayer being used differently than in most games.

Any of the Atelier games that you could find, they're JRPG and have an time limit on them so there is actually some pressure to the decisions you make within them.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:53 am

HeavyRains not a game, it's something very different but it's good, worth checking out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:50 am