Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
WandererReece
Serious_Much
alchemydesign
7 posters

An Apology...maybe?

alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

An Apology...maybe? Empty An Apology...maybe?

Post by alchemydesign Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Okay, so, recently I posted several impassioned defenses about the locations of Oolacile and Darkroot not being the same locations and with much looking and exploration I have that they are INDEED the same locations, HOWEVER, I do not believe they are in the correct spacial coordinates.

If you stand on the Sif bridge/Sanctuary bridge and look into the forest and up you can see Lordran's walls and with this I formally apologize for calling you all wrong...but only insofar as them being the same place. So let me explain further, while they are the same location I don't think that their locations are there REAL locations. I believe that when a land creates a bonfire it creates a physical connection to Lordran.

I posit this theory because I simply CANNOT believe that the Oolacile represented in the game is the full land, given the location of the tomb of Manus it's waaaay to close to Lordran to merit ONLY Artorias and Gough no matter how exceedingly talented they were. I believe that when the aforementioned Knights arrived in the land they created Bonfires to link certain sections to Lordran, and by extension Anor Londo. Gough also mentions that, in relation to Kalameet, "even mighty Anor Londo dare not provoke his ire." Now, that would make sense if there was a relatively large distance between them, a buffer zone in which Kalameet would be no direct influence but if it's current spatial coordinates are correct it would be completely out of line to leave an extremely powerful enemy at your doorstep.

Gough grounded Kalameet easily enough which makes me think that it would be no problem for a legion of AL Knights to take him down. Perhaps I'm wrong but also looking at the warping factor of bonfires it makes sense that they create spatial distortion allowing quicker access for even those who cannot access the warp.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

An Apology...maybe? Empty Re: An Apology...maybe?

Post by Serious_Much Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:54 pm

When I went in them I felt they were the same, just obviously a few thousand/hundred or whatever years the time difference is is gonna make the landscape change a bit..

However, the key landmarks- I.E the lake and sanctuary garden are in identical places to their locations in the main game.

I don't really feel the need to pry into it, they could have put us into the future with cyborgs for all i care, long as it was fun and kinda kept a similar map.
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Serious_Much wrote:... they could have put us into the future with cyborgs for all i care, long as it was fun and kinda kept a similar map.

Knight vs. Cyborg. Who wins?

I wonder if lightning would be the Cyborg's weakness.
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:42 pm

Distances in the game are skewed, even more than time is, since time is really only "warped" in that it allows worlds to bleed over and (possibly) some minor time looping. However, it is undoubtable that distances are not done properly in the world.

The best example would be Duke's Archives. You can see it from Anor Londo, and it is quite a distance away. Yet you can run there in around 15 seconds, when the distances don't match up in the slightest.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:57 pm

Yup. We're given fragments of each area mashed together. Just look down and see how expansive Anor Londo and Undead Burg really are. We don't even begin to explore
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:32 am

skarekrow13 wrote: Yup. We're given fragments of each area mashed together. Just look down and see how expansive Anor Londo and Undead Burg really are. We don't even begin to explore

Well, i expect a city of the gods to have more than three buildings
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:57 am

They're modest gods with simple needs
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:43 am

Well, clearly I understand that, the point was to present a rather unique bonfire theory.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:25 pm

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t3398-the-darkroot-woods

If you have the time you might enjoy reading through this thread.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:51 pm

It's too much for me to read tonight, but what I really wanted to put out there was the bonfire theory. While I will bow to acceptance that Darkroot and Royal Wood are the same area, I do not believe that there location below Lordran is their ACTUAL location. I have recently stumbled upon the idea that when a bonfire is created within a land it creates a spatial movement, leaving the area in its actual physical location but connecting it to Lordran (when explaining this it makes me wish I had 3d mapping capabilities sad ). So, the areas actually coexist in multiple places, this would explain why you could see Ash Lake and Demon Ruins from the catacombs. Bonfires being creations to spread the light across the land as well as being a sort of highway for those who can manipulate the fires, thus requiring a "Linking the Fire" to brighten the world.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:08 am

Essentially you view them as if they work like Arch Stones.

But instead of going from Point A, then ending up in point B.

Your idea is that there is point AB, even if A and B are totally separate places.

Sort of like the way to access the Kiln, that staircase leading through a sort of spirit world. You believe each bonfire acts as such, an AB.
    alchemydesign
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by alchemydesign Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:52 am

Hm, yes, I believe that would be an accurate summation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:50 pm